• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of rumours about Cardiff kicking off. Not a single person has seen anything though, but rather 'a mate of a mate said' thing going on.

Pics from Manchester.
5RjTJ.jpg

trEf2.jpg

cyberheater said:
He sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Why would anyone think it was a reasonable response to use baton rounds on civilians unless it was absolutely necessity is beyond me.

Hopefully, the police will get the praise they deserve for learning the lessons of the past and showing commendable restraint. Nobody wants to see folks injured and killed by the police.
I don't think they quite count as civilians when looting and torching buildings

MarkMclovin said:
Loads of rumours about Cardiff kicking off. Not a single person has seen anything though, but rather 'a mate of a mate said' thing going on.
All bullshit, according to my friends in Cardiff on Facebook.

You never know though. Might start up.

Downhome

This is all so disgusting. Call me an ass, I don't care, but I really wouldn't care if they just went in and destroyed them all. That goes for anyone taking part in the riots, I just don't care. It needs to get real, and quick, for the rioters or it's just going to get worse.

That video of that moron stealing something out of the backpack the beaten up guy was wearing just made my blood boil. People like that don't deserve anything in my eyes other than a severe beating, if not worse. I have no use for monsters like that. I don't consider that, and everything else they are doing, as any sort of civilized human behavior, and I don't think they will respond to being treated as such.

lifa-cobex

ruttyboy said:
I asked this a few pages back but got no response. What is it the cunt steals from his back pack?

No idea. I don't think the bastard even knows. Just takes it and walks off.

spiderman123 said:
It's been posted but I still fucking wonder

Ahh sorry. Just pissed me off so much I stuck it up in rage.

JonnyBrad

MarkMclovin said:

I'm here there is nothing going on atm.

Cronen

Foliorum Viridum said:
All bullshit, according to my friends in Cardiff on Facebook.

You never know though. Might start up.
I'm hoping this doesn't enter Wales. If it happens in Cardiff I'm sure it'll spread towards Swansea and nearby areas.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If anyone is going out for the sake of their neighborood, please be mindful to use safe tactics. There may be confidence at times but 1-on-1 encounters is not the way to go. An offensive trio with two larger fellows guarding is ideal, sufficient even against a small crowd if you are decisive and focus on one person at a time as they are likely to be unorganized in their attacks.

I don't really encourage this sort of thing, but I do know that people will defend their homes. So if it comes to it, don't think there is some honor in combat that says you can't team on one guy. A false sense of fairness is a good way to find yourself seriously hurt, yet also use some judgment and try not to kill anyone. They should leave on their own after a good clobbering.

Sneds

zomgbbqftw said:
Also:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits.

Official government petition that will get a guaranteed hearing at the HoC if it reaches 100k people. Everybody sign!

That petition doesn't make much sense. So we take benefits away from looters but not murders, rapists, etc?

Someone is convicted of looting and is later released from prison with little education and no job prospects. Do you think taking away their only means of income will increase or decrease their chances of re-offending?

zomgbbqftw said:
Turks, Kurds and Greeks have banded together in Green Street, Turnpike Lane and Palmers green with shotguns, baseball bats and crowbars. Very little looting in any of these areas.

That's awesome. Good for them!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i just heard some interesting views when i was out just now.

i was speaking to some people who are doing this in my area and they said.

we are doing this because we have no future, we have no school results we are having hard trouble finding work, we are in a state where mass people are unemployed more than ever, people are losing there homes. what future does us young lads have, the government have been doing nothing to solve any of these problems, this is why we are doing this.

straight from the words of looters in my area.

MarkMclovin said:

Complete bullshit, I just got home from work and there's nothing going on here apart from the police being out and about (precaution I presume?). Fingers crossed it stays that way - I love this fucking city...

P.s - *wave* to the fellow Cardiff-gaffers! Nice to know there's others amongst the board!

Pookmunki

Atrophis said:
Sent home from work an hour early due to threats of riots in Nottingham town centre.

Saw increased police presence on the way home but nothing kicking off thank fuck.
Could feel the tension from the top deck of the Citylink 1 - I'm in St Anns and will be keeping the rolling pin and frying pan close tonight

IdreamofHIME said:
I think it'll be quiet in London tonight and bedlam up North. The focus seems to be in the wrong place.
I'm sorry, but who is the woman in your avatar? I feel the urge to ask her out on a date.

SteveWD40

ashley678 said:

we are doing this because we have no future, we have no school results we are having hard trouble finding work, we are in a state where mass people are unemployed more than ever, people are losing there homes. what future does us young lads have, the government have been doing nothing to solve any of these problems, this is why we are doing this.

Liars.

They are doing it because they realised they can, for a short time before the Police clamp down.

We have lower unemployment than many other nations as well as plenty of work, just not work they want to do (as that documentary proved when they put chavs in menial labour).

Fuck them and their excuses, they want shiny things.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
thezerofire said:
I don't think they quite count as civilians when looting and torching buildings

I know what you're saying but that's not the way to deal with them. It's times like this when a country is under stress that they have an opportunity to demonstrate to the world how civilised we are. Hopefully, we can come out of this with our heads held high knowing we took all reasonable steps to resolve this civil unrest.

ashley678 said:

Bullshit.

They're doing it because they can.

SteveWD40 said:
Liars.

They are doing it because they realised they can, for a short time before the Police clamp down.

We have lower unemployment than many other nations as well as plenty of work, just not work they want to do (as that documentary proved when they put chavs in menial labour).

Pretty much. There's no consistent logic in their actions. It's causing trouble because they're bored and think they'll get away with it.

JonnyBrad

KungFuBill said:
Complete bullshit, I just got home from work and there's nothing going on here apart from the police being out and about (precaution I presume?). Fingers crossed it stays that way - I love this fucking city...

Indeed there were people drinking on mill lane as per normal. Coupla coppers at the station but felt like a typical day. Twitter spreads a lot of BS rumours.

Feature

Banned
I like the idea of them losing benefits. That will make about 99% of these scumbags stop looting. Ofcourse your gouvernment won't do that and just make you pay taxes for people that burned down your homes and killed your pets.

ana

zomgbbqftw said:
Turks, Kurds and Greeks have banded together in Green Street, Turnpike Lane and Palmers green with shotguns, baseball bats and crowbars. Very little looting in any of these areas.

I guess this will be the way in the future when government can't protect communities they have to do it themselves..

cyberheater said:
I know what you're saying but that's not the way to deal with them. It's times like this when a country is under stress that they have an opportunity to demonstrate to the world how civilised we are. Hopefully, we can come out of this with our heads held high knowing we took all reasonable steps to resolve this civil unrest.

Being civil to the uncivil works about as well as being tolerant of the intolerant.

Sneds

SteveWD40 said:

Out of interest, what documentary was this?

ashley678 said:

Cuts may indeed be happening but every person born in this country gets a free education until 18, health care for life, benefits when things go wrong and a university education at the very least with no upfront costs.

How many of those complaining took full advantage of those or ever had any interest?

dwu8991

Banned
SteveWD40 said:
Liars.

You can't blame them! Low incomes and unemployment create a sense of inequality.
They also don't have investments in shares or property, so they don't accumulate any sense of wealth.

Ponti

ashley678 said:

No school results was there own goddamn fault and having a hard time finding work? Boo fucking hoo, you and over 2 million other people. Sitting on their ass and expecting the government to solve all of their problems is complete bullshit.

More Fun To Compute said:
They have always been able to do it. Why are they doing it now?
Because it kicked off with certain people, police did nothing, they saw people stealing shit, joined in, police have still done very little and now it's spreading.

There is NO ideology behind this. It's just cunts being cunts.

Raydeen

Sniper with tranq darts. That would reel in some of these suckers. They would literally fall at the spot they were looting.

cyberheater said:
Well best of luck to you, but from here it just looks like your police is useless

Mecha_Infantry said:
You do know he was head of PSNI right? I think he knows something about what he is talking about
which is why the riots have been going on for three days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom