• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Dabanton said:
Just been talking to my friend on FB Enfield is getting ugly tonight.

Men going round looking to and i quote "fuck up a couple of thieving niggers"

Looks like the baying crowd will get the blood they seek this evening.
FFS.

Edit: And this is why vigilante justice is a BAD idea. Not only it can turn good people into a brainless mass of flesh, it also lures the wrong kind of persons.

J-Rzez

outunderthestars said:
dehumanizing the rioters is not a good thing.

That said, the lack of water cannon and tear gas use is an astounding bad decision.

I think for the injuries, ruined lives, and damages caused, they're well beyond the point of water cannons and tear gas. Things just keep going and going, more drastic measures are required at this point. These people have no regards for the lives of others, why should they be treated the same at this point?

It's going to take years to recover at this point from this, both material and financially, and it's still going on?

The biggest issue here is, if the Government over there doesn't step up, vigilantes will, and it'll escalate things even further than they are now. Many innocents will get hurt/killed.

lifa-cobex

Dan27 said:
Wow. It wasnt long since a few here posted that nothing had happened in Manchester - then it all kicked off.. These incidents can ignite in a blink of an eye..

Crazy stuff.

It only takes one them everyone follows suit. "oh well if he can get away with it them I might as well jump in"

In regards to the race thing, well I don't have good news on that front. Earlier I don't think I saw a non-white member of the public helping with the cleanup. They were predominantly young and white (some hot girls). This despite the area having a large black population. I have no explanation for this.

Zampano

Hello and welcome to gaf :)

What was the head count of the hoodies? dozens? hundreds? or just a handful?

It's hard to guess because you can get into Piccadilly Gardens. I walked maybe 600 metres home and saw about 80 people. Some big groups (all in black, hoods up), other groups of three or four that you can tell are out for the lulz.

I hope GMP crack some skulls tonight.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Manager said:
Someone on TV said £100m the first day, now I think it's impossible to tell but a couple more times than that?

Thanks for the update. It's strange but all the rebuilding work might actually help our economy.

Furret said:
Obviously we can't have them all killed

Cretin (and for far more than just your lack of reading comprehension.)

Of course not, but you want to anyway. At least it was your only working "solution". Awfully final that, as far as solutions go.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
UK riots could cost taxpayer £100m
Insurance bill for riot damage to shops and homes to be paid for by police authorities under 1886 act

Of course it's always the normal, hard working citizen paying for this shit...

Identify these people and let them pay it back the rest of their lives.

tumblr_lpoa0sGyf21r1qajlo1_500.png

J-Rzez said:
I think for the injuries, ruined lives, and damages caused, they're well beyond the point of water cannons and tear gas. Things just keep going and going, more drastic measures are required at this point. These people have no regards for the lives of others, why should they be treated the same at this point?

It's going to take years to recover at this point from this, both material and financially, and it's still going on?

But the police have made no real effort to clear the streets. Curfews and tear gas have proven effective at quelling riots yet political leaders refuse to approve their use.....

Meus Renaissance said:
In regards to the race thing, well I don't have good news on that front. Earlier I don't think I saw a non-white member of the public helping with the cleanup. They were predominantly young and white (some hot girls). This despite the area having a large black population. I have no explanation for this.

Has this been posted yet?

Looks like a mix of race, gender and age to me...

5oew.jpg

vcassano1 said:
Is there some way we could get the culprits to contribute towards repairing the damage they caused?
To do that, they must first have a job. I'm guessing most of them have never worked for their money and won't do so most of their lives.

And honestly, who would want to hire people like this?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
All the arrested should provide the labour for the rebuild or have there social security withdrawn.

Manager

cyberheater said:
Thanks for the update. It's strange but all the rebuilding work might actually help our economy.

On the other hand, there are 750 people who jost lost their job at Sony and then add up all the other burnt down places.

We know why the rioters are doing what they're doing, but fuck, who would have thought there were so many idle scumbags festering in the woodwork, ready and willing to destroy their communities and others', given the opportunity. Absolutely appalling behaviour. when the dust settles, how does one deal with such a huge undercurrent of sociopath youths. The cops wont be able to get everyone, probably only a small minority of them. so how do you root these people out of society, these idle, young men with nothing going on in life, living off social welfare.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
The parents of anyone arrested during these riots should have custody taken away. And also be fined.

ClosingADoor said:
Of course it's always the normal, hard working citizen paying for this shit...

Identify these people and let them pay it back the rest of their lives.

If they were willing to work they wouldn't be poor and on welfare in the first place.

SteveWD40

Still pretty quiet on the Piccadilly end of town, chopper is out still though.

If this goes on much longer Cameron has lost the next election.

vcassano1 said:
Is there some way we could get the culprits to contribute towards repairing the damage they caused?

Shooting them into space with a massive cannon? At least then the government wouldn't have to pay them benefits or use up jail cells.

Manager

spiderman123 said:
It's prob Steve Jobs. He's celebrating Apple's achievement.

Watch him brag about it on the next conference. "... and this slide shows iPhone was the NUMBER ONE looters choice during the 2011 riots".

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
The culture of these youths:
1. Materialism at its purest.
2. Gang mentality is at the core.
3. Disrespect for authority, disregard for the safety of others.

It's almost as if rap music and prevailing urban culture is to blame. Yes, I blame the wrong type of culture having been promoted to these youths through television.

You can bet your ass none of these mofos would be doing this if all you showed on TV in poorer neighbourhoods was David Attenborough documentaries.

cyberheater

Manager said:
On the other hand, there are 750 people who jost lost their job at Sony and then add up all the other burnt down places.

Yes. The knock on effect on this is going to be quite devastating.

Meadows

Banned
For the new page:

Twitter:

gmpolice
Captured lots of criminals on CCTV - we will identify you and we will be coming for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom