• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Whitta said:
Fucking idiot has probably never even heard of Guy Fawkes or Alan Moore. This is really what passes for protest in the UK these days? Pathetic.
No, this isn't a protest.

It's organised looting.

-viper-

Banned
FOR FUCKS SAKE GET THE FUCKING ARMY IN THERE AND CAUSE A BLOOD BATH.

THESE CRIMINALS ARE THE LOWEST IN SOCIETY. NO ONE WOULD GIVE A SHIT IF THEY DIE.

I HOPE THEY ALL GET BUTCHERED.

Enosh

CaramaC said:
91256081_Enfield_187747b.jpg
whose a good doggy? yes you are yes you are

Gary Whitta said:
"Young people who feel vulnerable feel that there's no jobs, there's no future, there's no prospects. They feel that nobody cares about them so they don't care."

What a load of bollocks. I grew up in that area of London - during the Thatcher years, when it was worse than it is now - and you never saw me or any of my friends smashing up shops. It's true that there are few prospects for hoodie scum who'd rather hang around shopping precincts sniffing glue and scaring old people than do anything productive. But if some of these punks ever bothered to clean up their act, read a book and actually try looking for a fucking job instead of sponging off the state they'd find that there are more interesting and gratifying options in life. So sick of people blaming society for the actions of lazy, ignorant individuals.

Holy shit, I've turned into Norman Tebbit!

Maybe if they post on gaf they would have a brighter future.

SmokyDave

It's so frustrating that their isn't a mechanism for motivating and organising counter-looter vigilantes. It seems to me that it's the correct response. What's basically happening here is that the looters have realised that they overpower the police. That much may be true but the police are there to represent the values that we as a wider society agree on. What is needed is action by the wider society if it is proven true that the police cannot deal with this alone. Sadly I don't think we're a tightly knit and integrated enough society to do something like that, nor do I see how the police (& vigilantes) could separate the wheat from the chaff.

SmokyDave said:
It's so frustrating that their isn't a mechanism for motivating and organising counter-looter vigilantes. It seems to me that it's the correct response. What's basically happening here is that the looters have realised that they overpower the police. That much may be true but the police are there to represent the values that we as a wider society agree on. What is needed is action by the wider society if it is proven true that the police cannot deal with this alone. Sadly I don't think we're a tightly knit and integrated enough society to do something like that, nor do I see how the police (& vigilantes) could separate the wheat from the chaff.
I'd help with legal fees if you post a series on Youtube called SmokyDave Smashes Yob Cunts' Heads In.

Just a thought!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Pendulum said:
The fuckers have injured police dogs.

http://thewestlondoner.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/london15.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

now they've gone too far

send in the SEAL dogs that got Osama

I don't think it's that the yobs overpower police - the police have better equipment, training, tactics and weapons - it's that the police effectively have one hand tied behind their backs with very restrictive rules of engagement and the fact that everyone has a video camera in their pocket these days. If the cops didn't have to worry about any of that and could just steam in with maximum force this would have been over by now.

stilgar

-viper- said:

THESE CRIMINALS ARE THE LOWEST IN SOCIETY. NO ONE WOULD GIVE A SHIT IF THEY DIE.

Yeah for more violence!

Shaka

-viper- said:

GODDAMN THESE PEOPLE. WORSE THAN HITLER!

Pendulum

SmokyDave said:

You are the hero London deserves, and the one it needs right now.

-viper-

Banned
this country is run by pussies.

fuck teresa may.

deploy the swat teams.

deploy the army.

ARM THE POLICE.

shoot the guns in the legs and let them bleed to death.

Gary Whitta said:
I don't think it's that the yobs overpower police - the police have better equipment, training, tactics and weapons - it's that the police effectively have one hand tied behind their backs with very restrictive rules of engagement and the fact that everyone has a video camera in their pocket these days. If the cops didn't have to worry about any of that and could just steam in with maximum force this would have been over by now.
EMP grenade, then rush in!

Lireu77 said:
Hackney. Does not even help when you close the blinds. Motherf*ckers ... :(

london12.jpg

What the.. a V for Vendetta mask? Really...?

At this point you might as well wear the mask from Scream, equally meaningful and everyone still points with their fingers and laughs at you.

marrec

Banned
SmokyDave said:

Smokey I've been with you all the way up until now. Counter-Looter Vigilante groups would just cause many people with good intentions to die. Vigilante groups have no authority and wouldn't be able to coordinate as well as the police, aren't as well equiped and people could move easily from Looter to Counter-Looter as they saw fit. There is a reason we have orginized Police forces to protect our streets and not Militia.

Organizing a counter group to these scum would just give them more motivation to group up and attack this counter group, since it has no authority. The cops may seem ineffective now, but once they start arresting en masse and cracking heads people will fall in line.

It does suck that a lot of the looter cunts are going to get away with their stolen goods, but a good number of them will get roughed up and arrested.

clockpunk

I cannot fathom out why the police are backing away - at a distance - from some of the thugs. Why not just open fire, and I don't mean with rubber bullets??

Pendulum

Why are the news outlets still showing Hackney? Main action is now in Peckham/Lewisham, with it apparently moving towards Tooting.

Cj70

Deploy the army, round them all up and airdrop them into some nice country say like Taliban held areas of Afghanistan.

Why don't the police open fire? I can't imagine anybody has any sympathy for the rioters.

-viper-

Banned
Cj70 said:
Deploy the army, round them all up and airdrop them into some nice country say like Taliban held areas of Afghanistan.

Why don't the police open fire? I can't imagine anybody has any sympathy for the rioters.
aye.

My wife just talked to her father-in-law, apparently there's a good number of police deployed in Barnet/High Barnet.

All stores are ordered shut and South Gate is shut down completely.

Murkas

Brother can't get home from Birmingham city centre as there are riots there now. in his words "it's just cops vs chavs" Will try and get him to send pics if anyone cares as all the focus is on London.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Pendulum said:
Why are the news outlets still showing Hackney? Main action is now in Peckham/Lewisham, with it apparently moving towards Tooting.

BBC are showing Lewisham

gPDAv.png

I think this is a "before" picture

Firestorm

Hey, non-retarded Londoners now know how non-retarded Vancouverites felt two months ago. Been getting some BBM broadcast messages from my cousin in London. Seems he and others have been using it to warn people which areas to stay away from due to the riots.

stilgar

-viper- said:
we are doing the country a favour by removing scum. fuck the looters, criminals and thugs. they're all the same.

Fuck them for sure, but let's calm down a bit with the "KILL THESE SCUMBAG" for some looters, that's all I mean. Don't play their game. The reason the authorities are not reacting more strongly is precisely that they don't want to kill somebody. Because, you know, that's the way all of this disaster started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom