• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the over-under on these ferals communicating via text, social media to further instigating this shit to get more shopping sprees?

Are the new instances near any good shopping?

marrec

Banned
Meatpuppet said:
Seriously, or at least keep your distance and run early. From watching the news stream even if the crowd dont turn on people, when the police do move up their lines they aren't paying much attention to whether people are intent on aggro or not. Saw at least one lad with a decent camera get bashed about a bit with a riot shield. Just don't get in the way.

I don't know how the area is set up but when I was photographing the G20 protests sides streets were quite useful for getting the fuck out from between a wall of Riot police and a group of thugs. The worst thing you can do is get caught in the middle.

Of course, that was more organized protest and these thugs would be as likely to grab your camera as they would pose for a picture.

krypt0nian said:
What's the over-under on these ferals communicating via text, social media to further instigating this shit to get more shopping sprees?

Are the new instances near any good shopping?

BBM, police may request the master key from RIM under some executive order.

line up run, line up run. absolutely pathetic.

these packs of savages won't be put of by this soft approach, the police need to get in there and crack every cunt in sight.

the fires are starting again.

Pendulum

"1738: FLASH – our source on the ground says the BBC reporter in Hackney has been bottled. Source was standing next to her at the time – she’s now getting out of there. Violence escalating."

From The West Londoner.

Edit: Beaten

Like I hope the looters will be

Wax Free Vanilla said:
line up run, line up run. absolutely pathetic.

these packs of savages won't be put of by this soft approach, the police need to get in there and crack every cunt in sight.

the fires are starting again.

The police are more afraid of being painted by the media as the aggressors than protecting properties and businesses. Seriously they need plastic bullets and tranquilizers and water cannons and tear gas and tasers, down these fucking punks, tase them in the face then sort out the bodies lying on the streets, people need to understand that running around smashing windows and setting cars on fire have serious consequences.

God I hope no one dies. If they do the police vengeance will be something to see. You can tell they are just waiting to fuck some of these shits up.

Zomba13

You know what?
I'm starting to board the 'shoot all the fuckers' train. Shit is getting ridiculous. They contribute nothing to society and if they get arrested will only cost the country more. Just shoot them all. It'll end the riots and put fear into people. I doubt people would riot like this again if they knew they'd just be mowed down for it.

^^ Then we're screwed though if we ever have a legit reason to riot! :p

ProfessorMoran said:
The police are more afraid of being painted by the media as the aggressors than protecting properties and businesses. Seriously they need plastic bullets and tranquilizers and water cannons and tear gas, down these fucking punks then sort out the bodies lying on the streets, people need to understand that running around smashing windows and setting cars on fire have serious consequences.

To be honest, I think they should use the softly approach at first... that way the media gets lots of footage of them being quite placid and forgiving, while the unbridled mob fucks up whole neighbourhoods... it shows the police have tried to be lenient. If it carries on I think the Police will get their mandate to go in heavy and put a stop to it. I'd say as night falls, they'll probably get tougher, start cracking people over the head, identifying real trouble, pulling certain people behind the police lines and nicking them. I hope so anyway.

zomgbbqftw said:
God I hope no one dies. If they do the police vengeance will be something to see. You can tell they are just waiting to fuck some of these shits up.

I hope stupid punks get tased in the face, every single one of them.

Furret

Banned
zomgbbqftw said:

I would be quite happy if a number of the rioters died.

And by a number I mean all of them.

Jal

Just wait until (if) it gets confirmed Duggan didnt shoot at the Police. Not that they need any more excuse to be dipshits.

Another burning car in Hackney, why has the Skycopter only just come out now?

Deacan said:
So whats Boris going to do, shout Oiks at them?

Yeah I didn't really understand people clamouring for him to come back. The MET is the biggest police force in the country, they're clearly trying to manage it, what special input is Boris going to give them that would help exactly? Also, whats a deputy mayor for if he never deputises?

The reputational damage this must be doing ahead of the 2012 olympics is insane.

Chinner

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Yeah I didn't really understand people clamouring for him to come back. The MET is the biggest police force in the country, they're clearly trying to manage it, what special input is Boris going to give them that would help exactly? Also, whats a deputy mayor for if he never deputises?

The reputational damage this must be doing ahead of the 2012 olympics is insane.
they're being sarcastic. i think this will pretty much end borris as the mayor of london.

Detox

If the last two nights events are repeated tonight and the police do nothing in return then they have no chance of controlling this in the near future. They have to show they mean business tonight otherwise it is just going to keep spreading.

Also, I think that report of a girl getting beaten by police on the first night is BS. No picture of her with bruises etc... Trust me they would parade her around as a casualty of police brutality and try and justify the violence.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BlazingDarkness said:
what just happened to the reporter? lol
What happened? In S.Korea at the moment so I've basically been using this thread to keep up with events.

Visualante said:
Radioheadrules said:
Yeah I didn't really understand people clamouring for him to come back. The MET is the biggest police force in the country, they're clearly trying to manage it, what special input is Boris going to give them that would help exactly?

8jd25l.jpg

Dan27 said:
If any of these rioters are killed, it will be like putting petrol on a fire.

good, then maybe the police will get their arse in gear and do something instead of lining up across the road.

watching the news footage of the looters walking down the streets, loading up car boots (hopefully they're dumb enough to use their own car) with their stolen tvs, laptops fill me with rage.

TimesCrime Sean O’Neill
Sources say Mark Duggan was armed with a blank-firing gun converted to fire live ammo

So he was armed then.

Pendulum

From the West Londoner again:

"Peckham High St Ladbtrokes just got looted, bus smashed and riot vans boottled. Couple of hundred youths in running battles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom