• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

zomgbbqftw said:
Holy shit. These scumbags need to be put away for a long time. David Cameron needs to get a flight home from Italy and get PSNI in to end this. They know how to break a riot.

I doubt you'd get any of our police until next week, we've the 12th August this weekend and there'll be riots here where they'll be needed.

Edit - David Cameron coming back according to BBC News.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Phandy said:
Wasnt being too serious, but thinking about it.

Having a show of military forces would potentially quieten down the situation very quickly. Without the need of any real action.
I don't honestly know. Unless they are allowed to do more than the police they'd be barely more effective than those tightly controlled attack dogs (read: very little). The army has a place for themselves, too, and it's not quelling riots of this kind. Things could get extremely messy very fast. Just let the police do their goddamned job.

Shit, I saw the thread title the other day and thought it was a LTTP about the TV show. Didn't realise all this shit was going on until I checked the BBC news site just now.

Time to do some catching up ....

Trojan X

Banned
Mat C said:
Is anyone else surprised it's taken this long for stuff like this to start happening?

People have had enough. People are being pushed to the limit. I'm not condoning this sort of violence (some of these scenes are mental.. absolutely bizarre) but I think we're starting to see genuine signs of people saying "Fuck this shit".

The Tories have been in power for a little over a year and they've spent that year pushing and prodding at various groups of people, be it students, public sector workers, private sector workers, the police etc etc. They're pushing people too far, too fast and it's going to get worse and worse.

BULLSHIT! Yes, I'm a Londoner too and live in South East london, approximately 2-3miles away from all of this. There may be elements of what you said that is true but what's happening now is nothing but opportunitics that want to create havoc! People push to the limits?! These are punkass kids that are raiding and enjoying the leisure of going wild along with everyone else and then some. Most of the people that are doing this are the ill-brought-up idiots that do not take the intiative to educate themselves and deal with the society that we live in today. There is no justication in anything that is going on today. Like, damn, what's the point of destroy JOB CENTRES, the very place that some of these people have to sign-on every 2 or so weeks in order to get money?! Where are they going to sign-on now?? Where's the benefit they'll get by destroying the SAME COMMUNITY they live in?! What on earth is there to gain from looting from the same store that some of these people go and purchase their food from?! Yes, the Tories are doing a madness but there is NO POINT in crippling what you have what so ever because it will gain NOTHING!

So again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCL-rxnjS6o

Lireu77 said:
Paul Lewis: I don't want to say this, but seeing pictures of Croydon from a pub. People might die tonight. #londonriots

:mad:

Their setting buildings on fire without any regard of whether there are people in there. People will most likely die

Breaking News: Cobra meeting in the morning. Cameron is coming back.

Chinner

Banned
look at those firefighters. they're fucking great.

also, david cameron, otherwise known as the condom balloon, is coming back now.

zomgbbqftw said:
Holy shit. These scumbags need to be put away for a long time. David Cameron needs to get a flight home from Italy and get PSNI in to end this. They know how to break a riot.
David Cameron needs to admit he's not up to this shit and he never was, and give the job to someone that can do it.

kharma45 said:
I doubt you'd get any of our police until next week, we've the 12th August this weekend and there'll be riots here where they'll be needed.

Edit - David Cameron coming back according to BBC News.

Just one would do. Our guys are fucking pussies. One commander from PSNI would fuck all these dicks up.

toythatkills said:
David Cameron needs to admit he's not up to this shit and he never was, and give the job to someone that can do it.

Get Maggie back in. She would never have let this get out of control. Not in a million years.

Meus Renaissance said:

CobraCommanderCover.jpg

Meus Renaissance said:
tumblr_lpmhu6g5Lf1r1p3wro1_400.jpg

Birmingham
Are the English police that fucking powerless?

What has happened to your country? Even our police here in politically correct Canada weren't afraid to crack a few heads during last year's G20 riots.

Time to step your game up.

c5zHS.jpg

Lerozz

Meus Renaissance said:
Their setting buildings on fire without any regard of whether there are people in there. People will most likely die

Apart from that there is a lot more aggression in general. This is so fucked up. I hope it ends soon. Animals, clearly ...

How is your situation, Meus ?

SmokyDave

Why haven't RIM shut BBM down yet? I appreciate it inconveniences genuine users but tough shit, greater good and all that. Surely they could do it based on location?

Go_Ly_Dow

2118: Iain Watson Political correspondent, BBC News

PM David Cameron is boarding a plane tonight to return home from his holiday in Italy. He will arrive home in the early hours of tomorrow morning and chair a Cobra meeting on Tuesday. He will also be talking to the Home Secretary and the acting Met Police Commissioner in the morning.

This could make or break Cameron and the Tories

SmokyDave said:
Why haven't RIM shut BBM down yet? I appreciate it inconveniences genuine users but tough shit, greater good and all that. Surely they could do it based on location?

Good point. They should pull the plug

Mat C said:
Is anyone else surprised it's taken this long for stuff like this to start happening?

People have had enough. People are being pushed to the limit. I'm not condoning this sort of violence (some of these scenes are mental.. absolutely bizarre) but I think we're starting to see genuine signs of people saying "Fuck this shit".

The Tories have been in power for a little over a year and they've spent that year pushing and prodding at various groups of people, be it students, public sector workers, private sector workers, the police etc etc. They're pushing people too far, too fast and it's going to get worse and worse.
It is no excuse for mindless barbarism. They could apply logic and reason to solve problems but they end up destroying their own local communities.

clockpunk

I believe most of the Videogamer.com crew are based in/around Croydon. As well as at least one member of Eurogamer (Wesley-Yin Poole)

Here's hoping they, and those dear to them, are all safe.

avaya

My gf is stuck in her building in Clapham Junction, the Curry's on the ground floor of the building has been broken into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom