• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

zomgbbqftw said:
Just one would do. Our guys are fucking pussies. One commander from PSNI would fuck all these dicks up.

All that's needed is water canons and rubber bullets. They're extremely effective, baffles me why it hasn't been employed, especially the canon, can fight the yobs and help control any minor blazes.

zomgbbqftw said:
Get Maggie back in. She would never have let this get out of control. Not in a million years.

True.

Wes

venison crêpe
I honestly never envisioned this crap escalating so far that they would have to call a bloody emergency COBRA meeting for it.

Chriswok said:
What you on about? This is biggest opening ceremony I've ever seen. Sure its 12 months early, but man, its impressive.

I'm practically crying seeing these news reports... but your evil little comment made me laugh - thanks for that - no sarcasm at all : )

Also, is it Photoshopping time?

This is the COBRA room:

Cabinet_Office_Briefing_Room.jpg

Pendulum

THEY'VE DONE IT NOW!!!

"2121: West End power cut confirmed – the theatrical show Priscilla, Queen of the Desert has had to be cut short."

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's giving the impression that our emergency services just can't cope.

If it keeps escalating, God knows what it's going to be like.

avaya

Everything burning in Croydon right now is not major shopping areas. The police have protected North End/Centrale/Whitgift. The fires are actually housing estates. They've set their own estates on fire.

I said it would reach madness levels if it got to South London. I wasn't wrong :(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Pendulum said:
THEY'VE DONE IT NOW!!!

"2121: West End power cut confirmed – the theatrical show Priscilla, Queen of the Desert has had to be cut short."
Gay-BritGAF will hold a very serious meeting tonight.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
DECK'ARD said:
It's giving the impression that our emergency services just can't cope.

If it keeps escalating, God knows what it's going to be like.

It's definitely time to break out the beatings

this shit has nothing to do with any protests.

lunarworks said:
Are the English police that fucking powerless?

What has happened to your country? Even our police here in politically correct Canada weren't afraid to crack a few heads during last year's G20 riots.

Time to step your game up.
The English police are powerless as the second they attack anyone they open themselves to a box of OUR VIOLENT EVIL POLICE HOW DARE THEY from public and press, and become physical enemies and targets for abuse by twats like the ones here who go YEA MATE DEN FEDS ALWAYS KILLIN UZ COZ WE IS BLAK OR WEARIN HOODY YEA.

dc89

This is unprecedented. This is insane.

The police are too stretched and can't handle this, the army need to be deployed now.

What does worldwide-GAF think of the host city of the 2012 Olympics?

Bumhead

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
Mate, all of these attacks have absolutely no political reasons behind it at all. All of the people involved, stealing, looting, damaging and everything else, don't give a shit about your politics!

C'mon man!

Are these riots directly associated with the spending cuts? Nope.

I do however believe that acts like are part of a massive melting pot of bad feeling across society at the moment. Be it youths disillusioned with their future, people frustrated by the economic climate, the financial crisis, spending cuts.. whatever. Right now there's plenty of reasons for people to be pissed off, angry, frustrated.. peoples lives are being toyed with, and it's a given that some of those people will snap.

To all the people who say these are just opportunistic rioters. You're right. They're idiots and they need stopping. This behaviour is disgusting and at no point have I condoned it. All I'm saying is that there's obviously a hell of a lot of ill feeling amongst society at the moment, and while not everybody has been pushed to the point of rioting like this, lots and lots of people have had enough.

To a certain extent, I believe the government have started to lose control. Be it in terms of political policy or just controlling idiots like these lot on the streets now, and I believe that lack of control is a contributing factor to what's happening now.

Walshicus

JonathanEx said:
The English police are powerless as the second they attack anyone they open themselves to a box of OUR VIOLENT EVIL POLICE HOW DARE THEY from public and press, and become physical enemies and targets for abuse by twats like the ones here who go YEA MATE DEN FEDS ALWAYS KILLIN UZ COZ WE IS BLAK OR WEARIN HOODY YEA.
To be fair, it's not like there isn't a long and varied list of incidents where the police have fucked up due to their aggression.

Casp0r

Banned
Mat C said:
Are these riots directly associated with the spending cuts? Nope.

I do however believe that acts like are part of a massive melting pot of bad feeling across society at the moment. Be it youths disillusioned with their future, people frustrated by the economic climate, the financial crisis, spending cuts.. whatever. Right now there's plenty of reasons for people to be pissed off, angry, frustrated.. peoples lives are being toyed with, and it's a given that some of those people will snap.

To all the people who say these are just opportunistic rioters. You're right. They're idiots and they need stopping. This behaviour is disgusting and at no point have I condoned it. All I'm saying is that there's obviously a hell of a lot of ill feeling amongst society at the moment, and while not everybody has been pushed to the point of rioting like this, lots and lots of people have had enough.

To a certain extent, I believe the government have started to lose control. Be it in terms of political policy or just controlling idiots like these lot on the streets now.

Yeah how dare the government stop paying my welfare ... how dare they say I must get a job.

caramac

SmokyDave said:
Why haven't RIM shut BBM down yet? I appreciate it inconveniences genuine users but tough shit, greater good and all that. Surely they could do it based on location?

Apple are gonna be chomping at the bit if that happens.

29uy521.png

Gemüsestäbchen said:
I'm practically crying seeing these news reports... but your evil little comment made me laugh - thanks for that - no sarcasm at all : )

Also, is it Photoshopping time?

This is the COBRA room:

Cabinet_Office_Briefing_Room.jpg

Dave coming back for a Halo LAN party?

leadbelly

Banned
MrHicks said:
all this for a cop shooting a criminal????????
WTF?

Well, it's not is it? They have used it as an excuse to cause a riot. I think the incentive is the possibility of looting stores and making fires. I think they are actually quite clever in what they are doing. They know the police will just stand off which gives them the chance to loot any major store they want to. Stores like Argos and Curry's have been looted.

-viper-

Banned
Casp0r said:
Yeah how dare the government stop paying my welfare ... how dare they say I must get a job.
so. fucking. true.

Fuck all the lazy cunts. Nuke them FFS.

They should all be shot on sight.

Carbonox

JonathanEx said:

It's a vicious circle but one the police needs to plough through anyway. Fuck the contradicting assholes who want the police to do something about these riots but will end up condemning them for using violence.

Enough is enough. This country is a pushover and I can't see how anyone can be proud of the weak-ass 'ability' we're (as in our 'authorities') displaying.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Sir Fragula said:
To be fair, it's not like there isn't a long and varied list of incidents where the police have fucked up due to their aggression.

Absolutely. Certain members of the police (it is difficult/unfair to say whether it is a minority of commonplace) seem to have little respect for the public and have acted atrociously towards them. You can be tough and fair, at times certain policemen have just acted as horrible cunts.

Zen

Banned
Mat C said:
Is anyone else surprised it's taken this long for stuff like this to start happening?

People have had enough. People are being pushed to the limit. I'm not condoning this sort of violence (some of these scenes are mental.. absolutely bizarre) but I think we're starting to see genuine signs of people saying "Fuck this shit".

The Tories have been in power for a little over a year and they've spent that year pushing and prodding at various groups of people, be it students, public sector workers, private sector workers, the police etc etc. They're pushing people too far, too fast and it's going to get worse and worse.

I'd have to disagree on the idea of it being an issue of the politics of this year alone. It seems much more likely that it is something that has been brewing for years, generations even.

dc89 said:
This is unprecedented. This is insane.

The police are too stretched and can't handle this, the army need to be deployed now.

What does worldwide-GAF think of the host city of the 2012 Olympics?

This guarantees fatalities. However bad it is, you don't want to see bodies of kids on the floor tomorrow morning

-viper-

Banned
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
It's a vicious circle but one the police needs to plough through anyway. Fuck the contradicting assholes who want the police to do something about these riots but will end up condemning them for using violence.

Enough is enough. This country is a pushover and I can't see how anyone can be proud of the weak-ass 'ability' we're (as in our 'authorities') displaying.
God forbid what would happen if we were invaded by another country. We would be completely run over.

Alucrid

Banned
Pendulum said:
The fuckers have injured police dogs.

london15.jpg

Wow. This makes me want to bash looters heads in with a baseball bat. Too bad you guys over there don't have the great American past-time, thus an adequate supply of bats.

Gemüsestäbchen said:

Glad it was taken in good humour. Its a very frightening thing to watch on the telly, so can only imagine how people must feel who live in the area. Genuinely hope people can remain safe and unharmed.

Still, a little laugh can help.

Sir Fragula said:
Oh I agree completely. Just sad this hampers them when they actually need it bit tis no shock why.

avaya

I was at the gym in Purley Way, it was half empty. Left ASAP when chavs started talking about going into Croydon centre to get themselves watches, clothes and bling.

Tzeentch

Mr_Brit said:
This has nothing to do with ideology and everything to do with a worthless class of society which has conclusively proven it has no right to exist.
-- I'm sure they feel the same way about you, hiding behind a computer screen and calling for the military to start shooting people in the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom