• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Theresa May looks hopelessly out of touch in her white Home Office ivory tower.

I like how she says they will all be brought to justice, if it spreads like it is there is no way that is going to happen.

daviyoung

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Yeah, I bet they wouldn't have said shit if he had a balaclava and a 2x4.

Still, I understand their frustrations, I just hope they don't take them out on the wrong people.

I'm pretty sure a rioter wouldn't be pressing a dictaphone to his face asking him questions.

Wes

venison crêpe
Murkas said:
More rumours:

Kicking off in the Handsworth and Kings Heath area of Birmingham
Aston Villa shop being smashed and looted :(
Police guarding the childrens hospital as the rioters are closing in on that (fucking really?!)

Well definitely no more transfers for us this summer then.

Pendulum

Meus Renaissance said:
Riots in Clapham Junction - punks being chased by Police. People are not allowed to the leave the station, the busiest in the country

Right across the river from me, and my old area. :/

Xavien

Shit, my sister lives in Croydon :/

She just rung us up saying that shes staying in, just ringing us up to say shes safe.

Phandy

BlazingDarkness said:
I see a big ass fire in croydon

The worst part is there are no firemen in sight.
I get the feeling, if this gets worst, the emergency services are gonna get sretched way too thin, and then things will probably get worse.

Doc Evils said:
Is anyone elses live feed having strange video stutter?

I had a little issue where the video would buffer, but once I refreshed the page it went away. Is it still doing it for you? It could be the site itself.

Chriswok said:
Yeah, its pretty strange, and saddening.

Are the 24 hour news Crew making this seem more 'glamorous' than it actual is?

I definitely get the sense that the BBC news itself is more down to earth about this, and believe that this is a completely unacceptable way to behave. I notice how frustrated the news reporters at BBC sound, when interviewing the Ken Livingston and similar political figures, since they often respond with typical political answers.

I'd like to know what the police officers feel about this whole situation right now. Apart from anger, of course.

Edit: Holy shit at the size of that fire. :/ This is absolute anarchy.

Chinner

Banned
THE:MILKMAN said:
Got to say it seems to be getting really serious now.

Multiple fires, Birmingham, Leeds........................SMH.
as much as i know there is no looting happening in leeds.

Burger

Meus Renaissance said:
Riots in Clapham Junction - punks being chased by Police. People are not allowed to the leave the station, the busiest in the country

Shit really?! I live near CJ, in Wandsworth.

Xavien said:
Shit, my sister lives in Croydon :/

She just rung us up saying that shes staying in, just ringing us up to say shes safe.

Might be safer to leave, if the various different fires are to go by. Suppose the Fire Brigade will let her know.

mxgt

Banned
Blgxq.jpg

20.45 Victoria Ward in Peckham reports:
I am with a young Spanish woman who lives behind the Greggs bakery which is on fire in Peckham. She is in tears, saying that a gang burgled her house while the road was being evacuated. She now can't get access as it's all blocked off by riot police.

sickening

zomgbbqftw said:
What shooting?

Man shot in face in Chapeltown street

A man has been taken to hospital after being shot in the face on a street in Leeds. Police officers were sent to Saville Place in the Chapeltown area of the city on Monday evening. A police spokesman said they had few details of the incident but BBC television reporters at the scene said there was a crowd of up to 100 at the scene and some were masked. A police spokesman confirmed one man had suffered gunshot injuries. On 4 August, police were called to the Saville Drive area of Chapeltown where one man was found to have been shot in the foot.

Gav

Meus Renaissance said:
Man shot in face in Chapeltown street

A man has been taken to hospital after being shot in the face on a street in Leeds. Police officers were sent to Saville Place in the Chapeltown area of the city on Monday evening. A police spokesman said they had few details of the incident but BBC television reporters at the scene said there was a crowd of up to 100 at the scene and some were masked. A police spokesman confirmed one man had suffered gunshot injuries. On 4 August, police were called to the Saville Drive area of Chapeltown where one man was found to have been shot in the foot.

According to Twitter, aside from the police and the odd photographer, its actually quite quiet in Chapeltown and things arent as bad as being reported by some.

Trojan X

Banned
Bloody insane!! The kick off at Lewisham was just about 2 1/2 miles away from me. Thank goodness that they are not coming down my end. I can't believe there are so many damn idiots that want to create so much unnecessary damage! Like, DAMN! Stupid people even broke and destoryed a job centre, the same place where probably half of them would have to sign-on to get money from! F***ing IDIOTS!!

Garjon

Jesus Christ at those fires in Croydon, this is insane. How the fuck a policeman shooting a gang member, innocent or not, justifies this beggars belief. Where is the Fire Service?

Furret

Banned
If this carries on it'll be the army that's sent in, not watercannons.

Then you'll see some fear on the rioters faces.

Bumhead

Banned
Is anyone else surprised it's taken this long for stuff like this to start happening?

People have had enough. People are being pushed to the limit. I'm not condoning this sort of violence (some of these scenes are mental.. absolutely bizarre) but I think we're starting to see genuine signs of people saying "Fuck this shit".

The Tories have been in power for a little over a year and they've spent that year pushing and prodding at various groups of people, be it students, public sector workers, private sector workers, the police etc etc. They're pushing people too far, too fast and it's going to get worse and worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom