• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

Furret said:
If this carries on it'll be the army that's sent in, not watercannons.

Then you'll see some fear on the rioters faces.
Unless they completely change the rules of engagement, you won't. The army would be as useless as the police.

Phandy

Gary Whitta said:
nv1pxk.jpg

Jeez.

Just tuned in. HOLY CRAP.

This is getting beyond stupid.
These people need to learn how to riot properly. Fucking over hundred/thousands of innocent people doesnt do ANYTHING.

Chinner

Banned
Mat C said:
Is anyone else surprised it's taken this long for stuff like this to start happening?

People have had enough. People are being pushed to the limit. I'm not condoning this sort of violence (some of these scenes are mental.. absolutely bizarre) but I think we're starting to see genuine signs of people saying "Fuck this shit".

The Tories have been in power for a little over a year and they've spent that year pushing and prodding at various groups of people, be it students, public sector workers, private sector workers, the police etc etc. They're pushing people too far, too fast and it's going to get worse and worse.
this has nothing to do with the tories. this has nothing to do with ideology. this is pure and simple looting.

this is the form of society that has been forming for decades; the consequence of western values of letting people feel entitled to nothing.

daviyoung

Banned
Mat C said:
Is anyone else surprised it's taken this long for stuff like this to start happening?

People have had enough. People are being pushed to the limit. I'm not condoning this sort of violence (some of these scenes are mental.. absolutely bizarre) but I think we're starting to see genuine signs of people saying "Fuck this shit".

The Tories have been in power for a little over a year and they've spent that year pushing and prodding at various groups of people, be it students, public sector workers, private sector workers, the police etc etc. They're pushing people too far, too fast and it's going to get worse and worse.

It really isn't like that at all yet. These are people looking to cause damage, no political agenda other than that.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Makes me wonder if there is enough fire fighters to go around.

That burning furniture shop in Croydon is spectacular. My god.

Mat C said:

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPENDING CUTS.

It has everything to do with people having fun going on a riot. End of.

Lucius86

Banned
Mat C said:

No. This has nothing to do with politics in the last year. This has been brewing for YEARS. All they needed was an excuse, and now they have one.

Your Excellency said:
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPENDING CUTS.

It has everything to do with people having fun going on a riot. End of.

Absolutely. This isn't because a man has been killed, she isn't because of spending cuts, this is just disgusting behavior, from disgusting human beings.

I feel for the Irish fella on earlier.

Georgiee

Neo Member
This is all getting beyond crazy. Where I live now I'm pretty much surrounded by all this, it'll close in pretty soon. Bad times :(

Mat C said:

Mate, all of these attacks have absolutely no political reasons behind it at all. All of the people involved, stealing, looting, damaging and everything else, don't give a shit about your politics!

C'mon man!

Holy shit. These scumbags need to be put away for a long time. David Cameron needs to get a flight home from Italy and get PSNI in to end this. They know how to break a riot.

Mr_Brit

Banned
The government need to drop off some tactical nukes in whatever ghettos these scum came from. Solve the problem once and for all.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Mat C said:

Yep. I think that as well. You're looking at a whole generation of young folks who feel they don't have a future and disenfranchised from society. They don't have anything to lose.

Mr_Brit

Banned
cyberheater said:
Yep. I think that as well. You're looking at a whole generation of young folks who feel they don't have a future and disenfranchised from society. They don't have anything to lose.
This has nothing to do with ideology and everything to do with a worthless class of society which has conclusively proven it has no right to exist.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
cyberheater said:
How many chavs and rudeboys tried to earn themselves a life?

Phandy

Funky Papa said:
They haven't even showed the rubber bullets yet and you expect martial law?

Lordy.

Wasnt being too serious, but thinking about it.

Having a show of military forces would potentially quieten down the situation very quickly. Without the need of any real action.

Yeah that massive fire in Croydon needs to be dowsed like, right now. The buildings around it are smoking already and it could spread pretty bad.

Lerozz

Paul Lewis: I don't want to say this, but seeing pictures of Croydon from a pub. People might die tonight. #londonriots

:mad:

Xavien

cyberheater said:

Sadly this is the truth. No excuse for what they've done but if they have nothing to lose, what's going to stop them? morals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom