• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Tzeentch said:
-- I'm sure they feel the same way about you, hiding behind a computer screen and calling for the military to start shooting people in the streets.
Lol. Keep defending these idle, sub human scum all you like.

Goldrusher

The English Conquistador said:
The apartments and such above these business' being burnt down are empty right?
Nope, people's homes. Some of them had people in them when were torched and they barely got away.

They lost everything.

Bumhead

Banned
Lucius86 said:
But it does hit home on a simple counter point to your argument.

But to suggest that being frustrated about spending cuts or job losses is merely a case of "Yeah how dare the government stop paying my welfare ... how dare they say I must get a job" is naive in the extreme. Personally I'd argue it's downright bat shit stupid, but hey..

Jburton

Banned
These guys aren't rioting for any 'cause' or shit like that, its just pure opportunism and mindless criminality............ I know rioting, I grew up with riots, for a cause ...... these dicks are just scum.

Plus the English cops are weak as fuck, I have no love for the PSNI ..... but these chavs would shit themselves if the the tactics and force the PSNI used in Belfast was used against them!

I feel desperately sorry for innocent bystanders, residents and business owners caught up in the middle of this....... such a shame.

Wiseblade

Phandy said:
Exactly what I think they should do.
I'd rather not. There are still pleanty o people who aren't destroying property and endangering lives and I'd rather not see them/us restricted because of a minority.

Deathcraze said:
Can't quite believe how out of hand this has gotten, hope it doesn't spread up to Scotland.

What was the last big riot up here that didn't involve football or sectarianism (or usually both)? I'd like to think that if any groups of "yoof" tried that up here, some "good citizens" would give them a nice filling in.

-viper-

Banned
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
It's a vicious circle but one the police needs to plough through anyway. Fuck the contradicting assholes who want the police to do something about these riots but will end up condemning them for using violence.

Enough is enough. This country is a pushover and I can't see how anyone can be proud of the weak-ass 'ability' we're (as in our 'authorities') displaying.
God forbid what would happen if we were invaded by another country. We would be completely run over.

Casp0r

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
This guarantees fatalities. However bad it is, you don't want to see bodies of kids on the floor tomorrow morning

A petrol bomb is an insanely viscous weapon.

They are throwing these at our police forces. They are trying to murder our police. The Police have every right to shoot these fuckers on sight.

I want to see people pay for these crimes. I and a lot of other people.

Tzeentch said:
-- I'm sure they feel the same way about you, hiding behind a computer screen and calling for the military to start shooting people in the streets.
The people behind their computer screens aren't committing crimes, setting buildings on fire and loot shops. Way to hate on the wrong people :S

UV-6 said:
Where are the parents in all this? How can they let their kids out at a time like this.
Parents of these assholes either don't give a shit, are out with their kids looting or don't have any authority over their children.

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
What was the last big riot up here that didn't involve football or sectarianism (or usually both)? I'd like to think that if any groups of "yoof" tried that up here, some "good citizens" would give them a nice filling in.
Correct!

I hope the Premier League start doesn't get delayed because of this. Having said that, I fully expect Tottenham to start the season on fire.

leadbelly

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
tumblr_lpmm5mYUGK1r1p3wro1_500.jpg

Adidas store in birmingham completely cleared out

Yep. This is it. This is the major reason for it. It's capitalising on the stupid police procedures. Just think about it. It isn't easy to get away with robbing major stores. Their location and level of security make it difficult. If you cause a riot, the whole area will be cleared and the police will quite helpfully make sure the area remains cleared while just standing there watching.

Mr_Brit

Banned
UV-6 said:
Where are the parents in all this? How can they let their kids out at a time like this.
The parents are just as bad as their kids. These people come from a self perpetuating cycle of scum.

Goldrusher said:
Nope, people's homes. Some of them had people in them when were torched and they barely got away.

They lost everything.

Ah, I was talking about people being inside. I would dread the thought of people being in those apartments as they're burnt down.

Still, it's terrible to lose a home. Can't even imagine how they must be feeling right now.

dc89

400 young Asian males have took matters in to their own hands and chased away rioters from the Greem Street area.

Reports now that banks are being smashed in Manchester.

Not my city. :(

Holy fuck. The building that's currently burning down at the moment in Croydon I used to buy comic books from a shop opposite it as a kid. I'm speechless.

Calling for people to be attacked/shot by the police/army would never work. Take a look at the footage of the riots. As well as the rioters there are a lot a bystanders - but they do not look different from each other. Start shooting people and you will end up with a lot of dead innocents.

Garjon

My word, it just keeps getting worse. The police have been truly overwhelmed. About time Cameron got back, I thought at one point he was going to try to sit this one out like he did the hacking scandal.

zomgbbqftw said:
Just one would do. Our guys are fucking pussies. One commander from PSNI would fuck all these dicks up.

Get Maggie back in. She would never have let this get out of control. Not in a million years.
I'm late here, but I really hope you were being sarcastic

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
dc89 said:
400 young Asian males have took matters in to their own hands and chased away rioters from the Greem Street area.

Good on them.

Ponti

dc89 said:

Gradually creeping north. The chavs better not get rowdy over the border.

Mr_Brit

Banned
dc89 said:

When ordinary citizens have to defend their property you know it's time to bring in the army to restore order (AKA kill a few of the rioters to set an example).

Bumhead

Banned
dc89 said:

Times like this I'm glad Sheffield hasn't been important or relevant for 20 years.

Lucius86

Banned
Goldrusher said:

They lost everything.

Yep. I know someone who has lost everything bar the clothes she is wearing from Friday night.

ChenK said:
Calling for people to be attacked/shot by the police/army would never work. Take a look at the footage of the riots. As well as the rioters there are a lot a bystanders - but they do not look different from each other. Start shooting people and you will end up with a lot of dead innocents.
Who are these people standing by, watching this stuff? Go home. You have no business being there anymore.

Casp0r said:
A petrol bomb is an insanely viscous weapon.

They are throwing these at our police forces. They are trying to murder our police. The Police have every right to shoot these fuckers on sight.

I want to see people pay for these crimes. I and a lot of other people.

Whoa this thread is beyond war mongering here somewhat hilarious..CALL THE ARMY IN, NUKE THEm, THEM BLACK PEOPLEZ

Jesus, listen...this shit is going to always happen when we have the current economically/socially situation. If anyone watched the 6pm BBC news then you would have heard about the group of middle aged, middle class white people who got de-masked and arrested. Secondly this is, I'm almost sure, a chance for a lot of people on this thread and all over the media to openly lambast not only the youth, but a large amount of black youth- without looking like it's an ignorant rant.

The situation is that no one knows really who is to blame, who is the nucleus to the situation, why it's going on. But it's 1) wrong that they are doing this 2) that people are super tough internet guys asking for them to be shot and killed

ClosingADoor said:
Who are these people standing by, watching this stuff? Go home. You have no business being there anymore.

And post like these are typical BS. Go internet warrior, GO!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ChenK said:

It's called a curfew

if you're out after 9pm then you can expect to be hit in the face with a police baton

Scythian Empire said:
Holy fuck. The building that's currently burning down at the moment in Croydon I used to buy comic books from a shop opposite it as a kid. I'm speechless.

Is that Forbidden Planet? I hope to God not.

Garjon

Lucius86 said:
Yep. I know someone who has lost everything bar the clothes she is wearing from Friday night.
Absolutely disgusting. The police need to bring in the armed forces, if only to help shore up their numbers.

Zen

Banned
Tzeentch said:

This isn't the same thing as what happened across the Arab world not long ago. Whatever the root causes of these symptoms, there is not even the slightest pretense of these riots having a political aim by the rioters, this is looting sweet swag from stores, attacking homes of innocent people, and putting people out of work and endangering the public.

Now sure the post you responded to is extreme, but much like the recent Vancouver riots in Canada, the rioters deserve little sympathy. They're shitheads that just want to loot and steal fuck up anyone that gets in their way.

Chinner

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Whoa this thread is beyond war mongering here somewhat hilarious..CALL THE ARMY IN, NUKE THEm, THEM BLACK PEOPLEZ
just out of curiosity, who, in this thread, is blaming it on black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom