• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Lazlo Woodbine said:
Army apperently amassing near Bank Station:

90044631.jpg
it's fake bro.

Think the hospital in Birmingham is fine for now. Apparently it's opposite a police station so some tension but no attacks on the hospital, thank God. If they attack the hospital then seriously I don't give a crap if they're all shot.

hertog said:
I'll be travelling to Londen in 2 days. Should I be worried?
Depends. Where abouts and for what purpose? Should be fine but I think if this continues there is a serious likelihood a curfew will be put in place.

guise said:
Be wary - apparantly the riots have hit as far west as Harrow on the Hill and Ealing. Paddington seems to be unaffected though.

crap :/ well, atleast the atmosphere will be more immersive for the Super VS Battle fighting game tournament that's held in Harrow on the weekend...

Vivalaraza said:
Nothing happening in Harrow right now but they did close down the station, probably to limit access because it's an obv. spot for potential rioting.

I would of thought that was to stop access to St Georges rather than the station itself, given that Harrow is a bit of an effort to get to if you dont have a car.

Prine said:
"Im embarrassed to be black, your hurting innocent people, this has nothing to do with hackney, you want to burn up these shops for what? To say your "warring", to say your "bad man" ? Get it real black people! If we're fighting for a cause FIGHT FOR A CAUSE, you lot piss me the fuck off!"

Along those lines anyway.

Meh, I'm black and I'm not remotely embarrassed.

Last time I looked I didn't belong to some racial hive mind, it's not my problem nor none of my concern.

Personally I feel she has only made matters worse and has only made the bigots feel vindicated, especially where stereotypes are concerned.

ChenK said:
I would of thought that was to stop access to St Georges rather than the station itself, given that Harrow is a bit of an effort to get to if you dont have a car.

Yep, sorry that's what I meant. Good move by the police to do that IMO.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
mclem said:
In Oxford, I believe someone has knocked over a bin.

send these dole scum back to where they came from, Diana, Maggie, etc etc not in my day dailymail!!!!!! :p

shit man how long is this going on for?

Trojan X

Banned
Bungieware said:
Guys, guys, guys. Clapham Junction is a station. The neighbourhood would be Clapham.

You are wrong, dude. Clapham Junction IS an area within Clapham. I'm a londoner and I can confirm that. Other people on this thread confirmed that too. SKY NEWS said the same thing and even the official website: http://www.clapham-junction.com. You can't go against all that.

img_transport4.jpg

Kweh

Cameron should be calling in the army or instructing the fire brigade to start making impromptu water cannons tonight, not in the morning or next week.

Thatcher wouldn't have stood for this!

hertog

Vivalaraza said:
Think the hospital in Birmingham is fine for now. Apparently it's opposite a police station so some tension but no attacks on the hospital, thank God. If they attack the hospital then seriously I don't give a crap if they're all shot.

Depends. Where abouts and for what purpose? Should be fine but I think if this continues there is a serious likelihood a curfew will be put in place.

We'll be staying near victoria station, for vacation.

Carbonox

LOL at arguing over Clapham Junction's status. Really now? Knocking over a bin in Oxford Circus sounds so much more important all of a sudden.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Kweh said:
Cameron should be calling in the army or instructing the fire brigade to start making impromptu water cannons tonight, not in the morning or next week.

should would have got the SAS involved..no I am serious

The Incarnation said:
Personally I feel she has only made matters worse and has only made the bigots feel vindicated, especially where stereotypes are concerned.

Highly doubt she's "made matters worse". I'm sure the looters didn't hear her speech and think "The fuck? You know what I'm gonna go even more mental" They probably don't give a shit about what some old lady (who I respect very much) is saying when they're carrying a new HDTV from Currys home.

Trojan X

Banned
Kweh said:

Water Cannon's maybe. Army HELL NO! We're not under siege yet and once you bring in the Army and call the situation CODE RED then everything is SCREWED. I'm pissed with what's going on right now, probably as much as you, but please try to see sense in all this by thinking out-of-the-box.

Walshicus

33-Hit-Combo said:
Crawley? As in, near Gatwick Crawley?
We prefer to highlight that Gatwick is *in* Crawley. :)

The police cars are probably nothing, it's not like other crime suddenly stops when London riots. Just made me think.

The Turks are involved in a mass brawl with these thugs in Hackney

Violent clashes now on Kingsland Road, Hackney, as hundreds of Turkish men attack others youths

Turkish man: "We're protecting our homes. This is war."

The English Conquistador said:
Highly doubt she's "made matters worse". I'm sure the looters didn't hear her speech and think "The fuck? You know what I'm gonna go even more mental" They probably don't give a shit about what some old lady (who I respect very much) is saying when they're carrying a new HDTV from Currys home.

Made matters worse concerning the racism and stereotypes, for fucks sake.

Read what you read.

kharma45

Take this with a pinch of salt...

Navy and Army forces deployed into London within the next few hours apparently...

A contact within the Navy text to say something along the lines of "What's going on? We've been deployed to London"

I hvae [sic] nothing to say it's 100% true but a contact within the Navy has been told they're to enter London

http://twitter.com/#!/Mikestoke

make of it what you will.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Meus Renaissance said:
The Turks are involved in a mass brawl with these thugs in Hackney

Violent clashes now on Kingsland Road, Hackney, as hundreds of Turkish men attack others youths
Are they helping the shop owners? Because I'd be totally ok.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Trojan X said:
Water Cannon's maybe. Army HELL NO! We're not under siege yet and once you bring in the Army and call the situation CODE RED then everything is SCREWED. I'm pissed with what's going on right now, probably as much as you, but please try to see sense in all this by thinking out-of-the-box.
Don't really understand the precedents for this comment. Army would help establish order. It's not like the kids would escalate the situation into some kind of gunfight.

The problem at the moment is that so many bystanders are just watching or filming and so many young kids are around that police often can't take as strong an action as they need to.

kharma45 said:

Navy and Army forces deployed into London within the next few hours apparently...

A contact within the Navy text to say something along the lines of "What's going on? We've been deployed to London"

I hvae [sic] nothing to say it's 100% true but a contact within the Navy has been told they're to enter London

Please be true.

Fingers crossed.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
primark is on fire in bromley highstreet, lots of people outside the massive rbs too. argos has been looted.

orpington tesco has been looted aswell which is 2 floors and sells everything

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
kharma45 said:

I very much doubt it. The army is a sword, not an scalpel. They are not trained to do police work, they could make a tremendous mess even using non lethal weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom