• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopaz

Banned
Well, my favourite shop has officially been totalled and the riots are one town over from me. Man the harpoons!

What a fucking shithole country.

It's blatantly obvious you're gonna have to rely on yourself for protection for you and your family these days, because the police are incapable of doing the fucking job.

I cannot fucking believe my eyes.

Wes

venison crêpe
If they did even break in to the zoo why/how would they break into the Tiger enclosure and their housing? It's just way too unlikely. They would need either the exact keys or industrial gear.

Also I laughed at the Sky News guy in Clapham, when he asked a looter why she was stealing she said "she was getting her taxes back"

Furret

Banned
Funky Papa said:
I very much doubt it. The army is a sword, not an scalpel. They are not trained to do police work, they could make a tremendous mess even using non lethal weapons.

You say that as if it would be a bad thing.

Tattooth

Do you guys think this will spread to the east end, I just started work experience so I am a bit weary of going towards to riots everyday.

Zoo animals got good reason to rage. Let them steal all the basmati and jasmine rice they want.

I'm just saying if I were a cop, I "didn't see nothing."

Mat C said:
Not heard anything myself although it wouldn't surprise me.

If this carries on tomorrow will be in every major City in the UK.

Hoping nothing happens mate. I was at Uni in Sheffield for 4 years. Love the place. Twitter rumours that there was a crowd in Toxteth up here, but Police and witnesses have said nothing's happening.

Jal

Sounds like the Turks have had enough.

muskhalili mustafa khalili
100's of turkish men chasing a group of young black men down kingsland rd #hackney incredible scene

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Kingsland Road chaotic as Turkish men attack other, predominantly black, youths with sticks, metal barricades and bricks. #hackney

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Violent clashes now on Kingsland Road, Hackney, as hundreds of Turkish men attack others youths #hackney

Mr. Sam

I've got to go through this twice tomorrow - once for work, then to watch Charlton play in the Carling Cup.

People suck.

Jal said:

100's of turkish men chasing a group of young black men down kingsland rd #hackney incredible scene

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Kingsland Road chaotic as Turkish men attack other, predominantly black, youths with sticks, metal barricades and bricks. #hackney

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Violent clashes now on Kingsland Road, Hackney, as hundreds of Turkish men attack others youths #hackney

Good for them!

KingDizzi

Banned
Watching this shit on TV is so fucking embarrassing, dirty little chavs looting as much as they can carry. Seeing people of all colours but they have one thing in common, that being they are chav scum. This country is way too fucking liberal, at least the police should be throwing tear gas and shooting rubber bullets. The most sensible thing would be shooting live bullets or just give me a couple grenades, I don't mind. I honestly can't blame the police, they push that guy and they are the bad ones, they kettle the students and they are the bad guys, they do nothing and they are the bad guys.

Fucking ridiculous.

Doc Evils

Jal said:

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

Go Turks!!

Jal said:

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

Fucking pussies run when they meet groups willing to fight them

avaya

Jal said:

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

Fucking HAVE IT.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Jal said:

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Hopefully we'll be down a few rioters by the end of the night.

Clegg

kharma45 said:
Reports that a man has been shot in the head and killed in Croydon tonight. #

ITV News on Twitter
If this is true than it's just going to make the violence 10 times worse, regardless of who did the shooting.

I don't think the police would risk another shooting incident. Most likely gang violence.

Pie Lord

Jal said:

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Don't mess with the Turks people, they'll fuck you up.

Ronok

Captain_Spanky said:
This country has been a fucking powder keg for a while now, this isn't just over the police shooting someone. It's a much needed explosion of tension. Personally I'm surprised it's taken this long.

No it's just a bunch of opportunistic cunt criminals being criminals.

CozMick

Banned
What the fuck sorta country am I living in?

The UK, where the law is too shit scared to do anything because there hands are tied.

Jal

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Man with stick: "This is Turkish Kurdish area. They come to our shops and we fight them with sticks." #hackney

PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Turkish man: "We're protecting our homes. This is war." #hackney

Man with stick lol.

Bleepey

marrec said:
Yes, because shooting police has far more serious consequences than throwing rocks at them. Being as that I live in America, I can honestly speak for most people and say that with all the access to guns that living here gives us, it's not like I was packing heat when I went to check out the G20 protests. Nobody else was either. Plenty of people were throwing rocks though.

You really think these punks are stupid enough to give the cops and excuse to shut em down hard?

Yes. I know some of these fucks, they are that dumb.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Police bringing in wizards to try and restore calm:

london36.jpg

Tzeentch

Quote from Zerohedge:
"Qadaffi's troops have taken over London and are looting the town.
This is a major blow to NATO forces."

-viper-

Banned
Jal said:
PaulLewis Paul Lewis
Man with stick: "This is Turkish Kurdish area. They come to our shops and we fight them with sticks." #hackney

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

Man with stick lol.
turkish steel

Jal said:
PaulLewis Paul Lewis

PaulLewis Paul Lewis

Man with stick lol.

Man with stick is meme-worthy.

SmokyDave

CozMick said:
What the fuck sorta country am I living in?

The UK, where the law is too shit scared to do anything because there hands are tied.
This shit isn't new. It handily pre-dates The Sun's 'Bang Up The Gangs' campaign.

I'm jealous of all you that live in such nice areas that you're shocked by this.

guise

hDRmX.jpg

Woman jumps from a burning building on Surrey street

Turks in Dalston, Hackney

We've detoured to Dalston where a bus was set on fire in shacklewell lane earlier. The single deck bus is now cordoned off and there doesn't seem to be much damage, but the incident has clearly shaken the large Turkish community here. Many shopkeepers are on the street talking about how they chased away the gang of youths behind the bus fire.

"We beat up four of them quite badly and they ran off," one man, who wouldn't give his name, said. Another said: "this is not justice, coming here and trying to attack us." Notably several businesses are still open ascot usual here, unlike other violence hit areas.

We've just watched a mob of locals chase a gang of hoodies down the main road, with police vans on full siren in pursuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom