• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funky Papa said:
Are they helping the shop owners? Because I'd be totally ok.

Rumours of them forming protection groups earlier in the day to protect the stores. Meanwhile, every kebab store in London is still open and untouched

-viper-

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
The Turks are involved in a mass brawl with these thugs in Hackney

Violent clashes now on Kingsland Road, Hackney, as hundreds of Turkish men attack others youths

Turkish man: "We're protecting our homes. This is war."
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tzeentch

Tremas said:
tumblr_lpmnsvWYTr1qbgy1do1_400.jpg
At least he can eat the rice when he finds all the stores in his area are burnt out or closed.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Seriousl Question how the fuck are they getting the petrol for the petrol bombs? syphoning it off cars?

also this, what is going on is only going to draw people closer together... people will start looking out for each other it's going to get worse with the public turning on the chavs, rude Boys and the police having to protect and police both..

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Meus Renaissance said:
The Turks are involved in a mass brawl with these thugs in Hackney

Violent clashes now on Kingsland Road, Hackney, as hundreds of Turkish men attack others youths

Turkish man: "We're protecting our homes. This is war."
Good for them, gonna be lots of people harmed though :( I know that if any idiots tried to loot my shop and storm my family home I'd pull out my sword and stab indiscriminately anyone who came close!

kharma45

And more, fuck, this better not be true

@tyakingbola: #londonriots oh my god - reports of tigers roaming around Primrose Hill #londonzoobreakin yfrog.com/h0vy4gsdj" jesus!

Source

y3Xmf.jpg

Cyport

Eiji said:
I bet the locals are worried what might happen to house prices in their areas?

I need to get a house in London in a year or so, could even be in September if I have a problem.. I'm worried all the "nicer" places will go up.. Might just have to commute from home or far for Uni. :(

Trojan X said:
You are wrong, dude. Clapham Junction IS an area within Clapham. I'm a londoner and I can confirm that. Other people on this thread confirmed that too. SKY NEWS said the same thing and even the official website: http://www.clapham-junction.com. You can't go against all that.

img_transport4.jpg

I'm going on what my brother, who used to live in Clapham, told me. You see Liverpool Street on that sign? He said people just refer to the area based on the landmark. That's not what it's officially called.

It really doesn't matter that much anyway.

Anyone confirm rumours of riots spreading North? I know it's kicked off in Birmingham, but loads of crap on Twitter about Manchester, Liverpool (nothing AFAIK and I live here), Sheffield, Leeds etc.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Meus Renaissance said:
Rumours of them forming protection groups earlier in the day to protect the stores. Meanwhile, every kebab store in London is still open and untouched
And the world finally came to know the real, ugly truth behind kebab meat.

982896712_6c771c1bf7.jpg

Manager

The international BBC stream now says "Recorded" in the upper corner, and they just seem to keep re-airing older videos from earlier today and tonight. Have they put the live air offline for internationals, or is it the same for you in the UK?

Ponti

Meus Renaissance said:
Holy shit. Twitter reporting London Zoo animals broke out. Tiger was seen loose on Primrose Hill

http://a.yfrog.com/img738/435/5lyhh.jpg[IMG]

Madness[/QUOTE]
I have a hard time believing that the tigers are now getting in on this.

Mr Balls of Steel is at it again.

He's going up to people looting and asking if they're proud?

One woman said she's getting her taxes back. WTF?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
kharma45 said:
And more, fuck, this better not be true

@tyakingbola: #londonriots oh my god - reports of tigers roaming around Primrose Hill #londonzoobreakin yfrog.com/h0vy4gsdj" jesus!

Source

http://i.imgur.com/y3Xmf.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
NO way that's real...

Manager said:
The international BBC stream now says "Recorded" in the upper corner, and they just seem to keep re-airing older videos from earlier today and tonight. Have they put the live air offline for internationals, or is it the same for you in the UK?

I'm on the bbc.co.uk site, and I have a Live monniker with an accurate timestamp on. But I live in the U.S.

dalin80

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Holy shit. Twitter reporting London Zoo animals broke out. Tiger was seen loose on Primrose Hill

5lyhh.jpg

Madness

Maybe the tiger can do us all a favour and rip a few chav throats out.

dc89

Kweh said:
Cameron should be calling in the army or instructing the fire brigade to start making impromptu water cannons tonight, not in the morning or next week.

Thatcher wouldn't have stood for this!

Thatcher didn't cut the police. In fact she bolstered numbers and gave them a pay rise in tough economic conditions.

Cameron is a cock who is clueless.

Trojan X

Banned
Bungieware said:
I'm going on what my brother, who used to live in Clapham, told me. You see Liverpool Street on that sign? He said people just refer to the area based on the landmark. That's not what it's officially called.

It really doesn't matter that much anyway.

Yup, it doesn't matter at all. :) Just be glad your friends and family are safe. I'm safe too.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
shit is getting worse in orpington n bromley hope i can get home

If they let the animals out of the zoo? Good, maybe the bears and tigers will eat the rioters.

(In all seriousness, I doubt they could let them out without being killed themselves. They're still wild animals, even if caged.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom