• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
ghst said:
bbc anchor rightly feeding agenda livingston his fist.

I forget the name of the post 10 o'clock news anchor. He does the paper preview too. I think he's brilliant.

Clegg

Where are all the police? Milling around Number 10 and Buckingham Palace no doubt. Important landmarks don't you know :/

Smelly Tramp said:
tumblr_lpmquseP0k1r1p3wro1_400.jpg

computer exchange! nooooooooooooooo

Haha, that's my brothers old boss

Detox

vitacola said:
WTF? Since when do they "like" each other?
In London the Turkish and Kurdish live peacefully with each other, in fact in most cities in Turkey there isn't many problems among the level-headed people. I'm glad the Turks are stepping up, a lot of friends who own shops refuse to be intimidated and within their own communities they have decided to protect each others businesses.

Wes

venison crêpe
dc89 said:
Charlton Vs Reading has been called off.

Next stop: England v Netherlands called off on Wednesday. I can't see them allowing it to go ahead if tomorrow is anything like today.

Dabookerman said:
Is there a big dickhead population in Manc? I always assumed that this was not the case.
Lots of dickheads in Greater Manchester but usually we only get race riots instead of mindless rioting.

Jal

The normal bobbies arent allowed to do anything in these situations only those with riot training, some of them have been on 30+ hr shifts. We have to let cities burn because of paperwork.

leadbelly

Banned
I've had an idea: Drop a giant net from a helicopter and then pick them up and fly away. Have a huge bin prepared outside the city and just drop them in it.

avaya

Meus Renaissance said:
Guy on the right says his girlfriend lives about Curry's in Clapham Junction. Didn't a Gaffer here say his girl was there?

hu0tht.jpg

Yeah that was me, and no that isn't me on the pic.

Seeing the footage online and on the news, and hearing people's reports on the matter, these riots seem volatile, contagious and organised. Looters talking on radios, twitter campaigns and planned attacks in certain areas - all without intervention or prevention. So many times have I heard reports that Poilce simply aren't getting to places fast enough, and when they do, they are doing little to stop the mayhem.

This will only spread further until something drastic is done. Get the army in there.

At least with this whole thing I can have a laugh at all the Apple fans who are mostly worried about the safety of the Apple stores and how looters are manhandling and passing over Apple products.

Mr. Sam said:
A Facebook status:

"People making jokes about the riots are nearly as low as those involved in them."

Two likes and someone saying it was well said. My faith in humanity continues to plummet.

I'd go further and say people complaining about the riots and doing nothing to stop them themselves are almost as bad as those involved in them. Expecting big Daddy Cameron to save them instead.

Surely the good people of London outnumber the bad right?

Frankly the behavior on all sides is nauseating, if not unexpected.

Qasiel

jufonuk said:
Woolwich is attacked, massive army barracks there they will protect it..
My girlfriend's Dad works as security up at the barracks. I'll update here if I hear of anything going on.

Mr. Sam

The Incarnation said:
I'd go further and say people complaining about the riots and doing nothing to stop them themselves are almost as bad as those involved in them. Expecting big Daddy Cameron to save them instead.

Surely the good people of London outnumber the bad right?

Frankly the behavior on all sides is nauseating, if not unexpected.
You want me to go out and confront violent gangs?

Alright, I'll grab my wok and meet you at the train station, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom