• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlazingDarkness said:
sky news confirmed a man was shot, it's not fatal

Still bad though... it's escalating. As for the 2012 thing, cue several natural disasters and some kind of rebellion in the USA. Also, Korea at war, and China involvement etc etc. I'm calling it now.

Goldrusher

Funky Papa said:
article-2023554-0D5B05C800000578-434_964x482.jpg

:(
Poor Miata.

So this Mark Duggan guy got shot by police.........did he have a gun? How did he end up getting shot?

How did this turn into riots? Was he executed Oscar Grant style?

I confuse!

The English Conquistador said:
That was just the "trigger". This is just because.

Apparently the man was armed with a gun, and opened fire on a police officer. The police officer shot him twice I believe. But there wasn't any real clarification on the situation, so a peaceful protest was started.

Then this happened.

Nothing was confirmed, but Guardian have said that he wasn't armed as such, the gun was being transported in a sock, and the bullet found in the police man was police issue. But the truth will be out in the morning

Walshicus

immy said:
People are not living in poverty, the standard of living in the uk is extremely high. These people have nothing to riot about.
People aren't starving, no. And yes there are billions who have a lower quality of life... but it's ignorant of reality to suggest that social deprivation and violence have no correlation. These people clearly have no engagement with their community, and that's a problem.

I think it's about time we moved the capital of this once great nation to the North. Clearly Londoners can't be trusted to run things.

If we do it we can make Sean Bean the king as well.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ubermatik said:
Still bad though... it's escalating. As for the 2012 thing, cue several natural disasters and some kind of rebellion in the USA. Also, Korea at war, and China involvement etc etc. I'm calling it now.
please get the 2012 talk out of here..

i am more concerned about food shortages etc
how long will the clean up take? well at least the dicks doing this can get employement in this situation.

Zenith

Banned
The fact that people are having to form their own defense groups adn are protecting their business shows the police should have gone in. It's what they're fucking paid to do.

Gowans

Love the fact the Turks in Dalton are protecting their streets against the riots, it would defo be the same up here, people are dying for an excuse to bruise up some chavs.

Burning down a Greggs up here would be the equivalent to the Bat Signal in Gotham.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Its fair to say when your born in the uk you really have won the lottery to life.

My view is the police harass alot of these fellas day to day, and finally some of them have cracked and the rest have joined in.

Furret

Banned
Kentpaul said:
Nothing, he didn't even shoot, he was gunned down in cold blood.

Oh that poor innocent, gun-running, drug-dealing, gangster. How my heart bleeds.

This makes me so angry I think I'll go and burn my neighbours house down.

jufonuk said:
please get the 2012 talk out of here..

i am more concerned about food shortages etc
how long will the clean up take? well at least the dicks doing this can get employement in this situation.

By looking at the mess on the streets, quite a while... saw some footage of Croydon, looked like a bomb hit a rubbish dump. Shit everywhere.

SmokyDave

Zenith said:
The fact that people are having to form their own defense groups adn are protecting their business shows the police should have gone in. It's what they're fucking paid to do.
I don't think they're paid to get battered to death by a mob. It's too far gone now.

FOOTE

Welp, I want to see how the police handles themselves when given the OK to smash these pricks. However, if they are still having trouble tomorrow night it might be time to bring in the Army to patrol.

Pookaki said:
So this Mark Duggan guy got shot by police.........did he have a gun? How did he end up getting shot?

How did this turn into riots? Was he executed Oscar Grant style?

I confuse!

nothing to be confused about! Local ganger member has a gun, something happened with him and some officers, he gets shot.

The riots then happened, but the shooting was just a trigger. these riots tonight are more along the lines of, "if they can do it, so can we". It looks like it was organised via Blackberry's, word of mouth etc, and more and more kids have got involved just for the lolz (and the rice).

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Who would want to loot Old Kent Road, only worth about £60

Kentpaul said:
Its fair to say when your born in the uk you really have won the lottery to life.

My view is the police harass alot of these fellas day to day, and finally some of them have cracked and the rest have joined in.
There is NO excuse for this behaviour.

Clegg

BBC reporting that the England/Netherlands is still scheduled to take place.

Thats right FA, put peoples health and safety in danger so you can make those £££.

Bastards :/

besiktas1

Just coming out of a sheesha place my mate owns. People made the mistake of trying to loot the Islamic shop next door to the big mosque down the road to where I was smoking. During prayers. BIG mistake lol.

I can just imagine the sight of 100s of bearded brothers rushing out. The theives shit themselves. I'm guessing it won't happen again... Smh

Dambrosi

Banned
Furret said:
We've already got mass hysteria, all we need now is for dogs and cats to start living together.
collegehumor.d964414f2d253f60c2130ffdab2a468d.jpg

I just heard an eyewitness account of the rioting in Camden. Nuts.

I can't believe how nuts this is getting.

Either way, martial law or any army intervention isn't the answer. It'll just make things worse.

no angel

33-Hit-Combo said:
80 miles....? Surely you're quite safe?
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply I'm at risk where I live, merely that sitting at home in the leafy suburb of Whiteley I find it hard to imagine rioting in London.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
2338: Camden station on fire now, Chalk Farm station closed. Ealing shopping centre is supposedly on fire now as well, according to the BBC.

Shit :/

Omikaru said:
Just read this on the Grauniad:

Grauniad said:
Activity seems to have petered out and it is believed four looters have been rescued by firefighters from PC World.

One was trapped underneath the steel shutters with others inside the store.

I didn't know PC World employed firefighters.

Suppersalmon

Neo Member
Clegg said:
BBC reporting that the England/Netherlands is still scheduled to take place.

Thats right FA, put peoples health and safety in danger so you can make those £££.

Bastards :/

They have postponed some of the Carling cup matches tomorrow involving Charlton & West Ham

immy

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
People aren't starving, no. And yes there are billions who have a lower quality of life... but it's ignorant of reality to suggest that social deprivation and violence have no correlation. These people clearly have no engagement with their community, and that's a problem.

It's a lie to say there are no opportunities for these people, they're just lazy thats it.

Natural

Romfords been hit now, debenhams the first shop to go. Just aswell I'm not at home at the moment (ilford), sounds like absolute madness from what my friends all been telling me! How long will this last I wonder?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom