• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furret

Banned
tehbible said:
Stocks tanking

London Burning

Multiple wars being engaged

2012 = the beginning of the end?

We've already got mass hysteria, all we need now is for dogs and cats to start living together.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Like I said there aren't enough police so it's not safe to try and be forceful because chances are a policeman could get hurt. Better to have a shop get looted than an officer die. Sad but true.

That and a lot of them are kids. We're talking 10yr olds, highschool kids and so on. It's not a bunch of adults. So no police haven't been stronghanded and police bosses have not sanctioned any strong handed approach. They're at a disadvantage.

DemonNite

Ealing closed off... also a smart car on fire in Ealing

8zJYZ.jpg

kottila

The Incarnation said:
I'd go further and say people complaining about the riots and doing nothing to stop them themselves are almost as bad as those involved in them. Expecting big Daddy Cameron to save them instead.

Surely the good people of London outnumber the bad right?

Frankly the behavior on all sides is nauseating, if not unexpected.
LOL. Wish the avatar quote wasn't gone..

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Qasiel said:
My girlfriend's Dad works as security up at the barracks. I'll update here if I hear of anything going on.

my brothers friend is in the army barrack might ring him hold on

UFRA

Poor little Miata...it doesn't deserve that.

This whole situation is fucking disgusting. Humans acting like rabid animals.

Riots make no sense to me. Here the community apparently wants justice for a guy that was killed, so how do they solve it? Cause more damage and hardships for the community...fucking ridiculous.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
X-Frame said:
All this because the police shot a gang member? What did said gang member do to deserve being shot?

Nothing, he didn't even shoot, he was gunned down in cold blood.

Walshicus

immy said:
Livingston talking shit. This isn't economic. This is chavs being chavs
Not really. People might want to get angry at individuals being morons, but society is shaped by economics. Not saying that Livingstone's ideology is the solution though.

mxgt

Banned
The Incarnation said:
I'd go further and say people complaining about the riots and doing nothing to stop them themselves are almost as bad as those involved in them. Expecting big Daddy Cameron to save them instead.

You're fucking crazy if you think I'm going out there and putting myself in danger to combat these sub human pieces of shit.

Darren870

The Incarnation said:

Oh okay...im going to go bust some heads....who is with me !?!!?

Bugger off Junior...

X-Frame said:
All this because the police shot a gang member? What did said gang member do to deserve being shot?

This is nothing to do with that. This is a bunch of young twits with varying incomes out on the rob because they've worked out if they all do it at once the Police can't keep up with them.

Furret

Banned
X-Frame said:

He was a gang member?

(They don't know, but apparently he had a gun on him at least.)

tehbible

so is there a ringleader thats managing these 'riots' ?

who can i follow on twitter that will give me 0-day updates :)

thanks in advanced.

X-Frame said:

That was just the "trigger". This is just because.

Apparently the man was armed with a gun, and opened fire on a police officer. The police officer shot him twice I believe. But there wasn't any real clarification on the situation, so a peaceful protest was started.

Then this happened.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
DECK'ARD said:
Wetherspoons in Woolwich on fire.

Mixed emotions about that one.

fuck just hearing the word weatherspoons makes me crave there burgers

in general how are they treating bars on there rampage, anyone know ?

immy

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
Not really. People might want to get angry at individuals being morons, but society is shaped by economics. Not saying that Livingstone's ideology is the solution though.

People are not living in poverty, the standard of living in the uk is extremely high. These people have nothing to riot about.

X-Frame said:

No, that was a trigger. All of this is from gangs/kids who just want to cause shit and steal stuff.

The gang member was shot, because he was shooting at officers.

Facism said:
Wonder if Coventry is gonna kick off too. It's a bigger shithole than Birmingham.

A big place to worry about is Lakeside shopping centre getting turned over. Glass doors, glass shop fronts etc. Surrounding area:

Grays
Tilbury
Aveley
Romford
Basildon

etc.

200 acres of shopping centre to loot. Low security.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The English Conquistador said:
That was just the "trigger". This is just because.

Apparently the man was armed with a gun, and opened fire on a police officer. The police officer shot him twice I believe. But there wasn't any real clarification on the situation, so a peaceful protest was started.

Then this happened.

He had a gun converted from blanks to fire live rounds, but didn't open fire. It was said it was retrieved in a sock from the scene.

The police officer fired twice, one hit and killed him. The second shot hit another police officer but lodged in his radio so he was unhurt. This is a different story to what police said after the event.

The full ballistics report will be out in 24 hours.

Omikaru

Just read this on the Grauniad:

Activity seems to have petered out and it is believed four looters have been rescued by firefighters from PC World.

One was trapped underneath the steel shutters with others inside the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom