• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meus Renaissance said:
This epitomises this entire thing better than words. The police are out of their depth here. Honestly, we should find ways to organise community protection groups to protect our local areas.

Doesn't this suggest that our public services have failed?

-viper-

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
This epitomises this entire thing better than words. The police are out of their depth here. Honestly, we should find ways to organise community protection groups to protect our local areas.
surprise surprise they're mostly black.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
tehbible said:
this is what happens when the rich are gettting richer, and the poor are getting poorer.

the rich/poor gap is widening as every year passes. this 'riot' is expected. and will continue throughout the globe unless reform is made at a political level.
The poor are not revolting. A scummy, parasitic part of the population is. And it is not even a revolt, since they seem content to loot.

-viper- said:
So?

Darren870

SmokyDave said:
Truth hurts?

Can't say as I agree with the entire post but there's some good points in there.

Hardly...
The fact that he thinks everyday people should just pick up sticks and start fighting rioters is just adding to the mess.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
got to walk from bromley to orpington to then sidcup, not good

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
-viper- said:
where the fuck is the army?

if the government isn't going to release an army, give me a sniper rifle with rubber bullets so i can defend my self if necessary.

For every person you kill you will simply get a life sentence in prison.

Bungieware said:
Doesn't this suggest that our public services have failed?

No public service can function without the 'consent' of the public. The police have lost - they cannot ensure the safety of the entire city, so its left to communities to fed for themselves.

Prine

Banned
-viper- said:
Bro, don't go down there, its not representative of black people. There's one overriding common trait amount all races taking part. They're poor and uneducated ... And young. :)

Alucrid

Banned
Dambrosi said:
Holy hell. The police really are out of their depth.

See this? This is what happens when you allow an underclass to flourish.

See this, America? This is your future, in microcosm.

No. Our cops would have opened fire. Hell, in Philly you wouldn't even a mob 1/100 of that size.

Clegg

Desmond said:
We have those huge ones in Dublin. Don't fucking know why.
To stop scumbags from fucking shit up when the Queen visits. I was so fucking embarassed for our City when I saw what those pricks were doing.

J-Rzez

Chaos said:

That's amazing. But when you fight hard to de-militarize your police, rendering them useless, this is what happens. They get taken advantage of. Most riots that happen here end up dissolving quickly because after the shown "presence" of force, you can expect riot police to move up with rubber bullets and gas. And if people started throwing stuff like that which could severely injure an officer, then expect a return of severely injuring/deadly force.

I'm seeing what are pictures that most of the police force there doesn't carry firearms that they're getting beaten up by these "chavs". These people know they don't have guns, just probably a ticket book, and aren't afraid of them because of that. Basically, they're the equivalent of "security guards" here in the US I guess, even though you can get cert to carry and be an armed guard with 235 even.

I can't even imagine how many civilians and cops will get hurt there as things seem to be escalating. Wait until these freaks start lofting molotovs and other easily home made weapons, doing even more damage.

It doesn't look like the police are equipped to handle this there, they need to put military presence out there. Though I doubt at this point it'll make a difference in scaring as these people seem out of control and getting worse. Force needs to be administered.

Dambrosi said:
Holy hell. The police really are out of their depth.

See this? This is what happens when you allow an underclass to flourish.

See this, America? This is your future, in microcosm.

You see less of these incidents than you'd think in a country which gives the public full freedoms to own firearms. And our police are not neutered by society and would step up to the challenge "with moxy".

Sealda

Banned
Why dont BBC take their freaking HELICOPTER and go and film some new stuff instead of showing the same damn footage from hooooooooours ago...

Lakitu

st5fu
That video was fucking scary. The police simply aren't coping.

The last 2 days have been something out of a nightmare, it's weird.

All I'm hearing every night are helicopters and sirens.

I feel like I'm watching V for Vendetta unfold. Pretty shocking how paralyzed everyone in London seems by this. Doesn't the police force have the ability to deputize or something, or the ability to call reserves from county governments?

markot

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
No public service can function without the 'consent' of the public. The police have lost - they cannot ensure the safety of the entire city, so its left to communities to fed for themselves.
They havent lost, they are facing a foe that can move quickly and communicate easily with modern tech and what nots. But they have to pick their fights, they have limited numbers.

Wow @ at the old lady commenting. She woke up to see a man dressed in black inside her house.

markot said:
They havent lost, they are facing a foe that can move quickly and communicate easily with modern tech and what nots. But they have to pick their fights, they have limited numbers.

Sorry but if not that then what constitutes as a loss? They cannot cope. They respond to A by the time they've reached point C

-viper- said:
where the fuck is the army?

if the government isn't going to release an army, give me a sniper rifle with rubber bullets so i can defend my self if necessary.

Are you actually having some sort of right wing mental breakdown?

SmokyDave

Prine said:
Bro, don't go down there, its not representative of black people. There's one overriding common trait amount all races taking part. They're poor and uneducated ... And young. :)
I agree with you but you know Nick Griffin is wanking over the footage from tonight, Hackney especially. Video editors for right-wing blogs will be working through the night.

Funky Papa said:
Where did you read that?
Sky news interview, on TV now.

I have never posted on this thread but I have been following it. The recent video that posted suggest that the police are spread thin. Can they not bring in the army?!

Bumhead

Banned
MarkMclovin said:
They are breaking into peoples houses now.

Fuck these people.

The army needs to come in now and end this shit.

I think that's the line in the sand and once it crossed there needs to be further action.

At this point they need stopping by any means necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom