• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
-viper- said:
I'm actually a lefty.

But it sickens me to see criminals overrun the streets like a playground.

With regards to my previous comment - I do not have any prejudices against any black people. I'm good friends with a number of black folk. But it seems to be many of the youth who are causing problems in London seemingly are black. Without being too politically incorrect, it's the truth.

I don't blame this on 'ethnic minorities' or 'multiculturalism' though. They're not the only ones looting - many chav cunts are taking this opportunity to do so too. Skin colour doesn't define whether you are a criminal or not.
Heh.

I think it would be more useful to look at the socioeconomic factors here than race.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm going to guess COBRA will announce some kind of mobilisation of the territorial army tomorrow. There is an obvious lull during morning/early afternoon and this'll be the time to do it.

panda21

hertog said:
Looks like I'm gonna have to cancel my vacation, really the first time I didn't bought insurance.

My thoughts are with all the good people in London.

I wouldn't cancel a vacation to London unless you were staying in one of the places where there are riots, which seems unlikely. London is huge and there has basically been nothing in most of central London, except notting hill.

Arnie

Meus Renaissance said:
Whatever you do, don't show them a sight of you. Close your curtains and stay safe
Oh fuck, you just gave me a glimpse of what GAF would feel like during a Zombie Apocalypse.

Raydeen

DiscoJer said:
Instead of focusing so much on a "gap", why not focus on how the quality of life of the poor improves?

For instance, this riot is being guided by the use of Blackberries. Everyone these days can afford a mobile phone, even a smart phone.

The primary target seems to be looting video games (based on the pictures here).

Sorry, no, not everyone can afford their own private jet and crash their McClaren supercar. But the poor today can have things that even the rich could only have dreamed of 20 years ago.
Snap. I didnt have a bath in my house till I was 11. Washed in sink. But my mum n dad never saw the need to burn down shops and our council house was falling apart. Glad ive got my metal security gate on my front door.

I do wonder if there is some political brinkmanship going on. Cameron holding COBRA meeting at 9am? Hold it NOW while flying...hoodies can mass communicate but the UK givernment cant? Sheesh.

Ponti

This has gotten way way worse over the past couple of hours, going for a kip now. Hopefully the country isn't a smoldering ruin by tomorrow morning. Stay safe LondonGAF.

Prine

Banned
Raxel said:
My mates are telling me there's some action in Hounslow.

Feeling tempted to drive down and snap some pics!

SHIT, they've arrived at my door then. Will keep a lookout. Alot of Asian businesses here, they will not take kindly to the potential loss of business. Will be a war.

MasterShotgun said:
Thanks!

Edit: Maximum number of viewers for you country reached. Back to the BBC I guess.

Keyser Soze said:
http://www.tvcatchup.com/watch.html?c=34

...they are showing recorded footage now though. Mark Little is resting to unleash awesome later on.
"Unfortunately, your country is not currently supported. At this time, TVCatchup is available only in the United Kingdom." :p

Ronok

Apparently they will be heading from Chalk Farm up toward Hampstead. If that's true they'll pass me at some point.

If Dave doesn't bring in the army and beef up the police presence and give them real powers to stop the violence, arson and looting he will have failed in his duty as Prime Minister. Three nights of this is enough, this city is under siege. I have half a mind to get old aluminium baseball bat out and join one of those Turk militia groups...

kharma45

DiscoJer said:
Instead of focusing so much on a "gap", why not focus on how the quality of life of the poor improves?

For instance, this riot is being guided by the use of Blackberries. Everyone these days can afford a mobile phone, even a smart phone.

The primary target seems to be looting video games (based on the pictures here).

Sorry, no, not everyone can afford their own private jet and crash their McClaren supercar. But the poor today can have things that even the rich could only have dreamed of 20 years ago.

True, just made me think of this clip of Thatcher debating the rich-poor gap, "poor poorer as long as the rich are less rich." (I've deep linked to the exact part incase you can't stand listening to the whole thing lol)

http://youtu.be/okHGCz6xxiw?t=1m54s

Mark Stone needs a promotion!

Call me soft but if it gets worse in Birmingham I'm not going to my meeting there on Wednesday, fuck that for a bag of chips!

The English Conquistador said:
I understood you perfectly both times, I just happen to think you are a miserable human being that's all.

You're right though in some aspects sure, but the way you come across, you sound more like you're condemning those who don't take a stand. Not everyone is going to run out onto the streets to "defend" their neighborhood. This is London. People are getting shanked left and right, people ARE scared enough as it is in this city.

All I hear from you is misery.

That's because you have a miserable mindset.

That is your default setting.

Nothing I can say can change that.

You're just annoyed because I told you to read what you read earlier, and now like a child you are holding a grudge over that.

And yeah you're damn right I'm condemning those who don't take a stand.

As for misery I don't live in a place where people actually feel they can burn shit, just because. Besides misery likes company. And your the one seeking me out, not the other way around.

I do make a miserable human being though, you are right about that. Afterall we ALL know humans behave perfectly.

KingDizzi

Banned
Tottenham is a black area, you are more likely to see black people looting statistically. Lots of Pakistanis in Birmingham and it's them I see in the videos, again more likely. This has nothing to do with race, it's fucking filthy chavs that are taking advantage of the situation. There needs to be a social cleansing, all chavs put out their misery. Anyone I'm off to the Tesco that had it's windows smashed, I'll take photos just for you my fellow Gaffers. :)
I'm really bored

tehbible

is it hard for regular citizens to obtain a gun by legal means?

all im sayin is, this kinda of breaking into strangers' homes would NEVER work in the U.S., too many citizens are armed to the teeth.

Blair

Banned
painey said:
It hit Romford :( Kinda glad I'm in the USA now

Yeah my sisters tells me they smashed into Asda, Primark and JD sports

They can take Romford, but i will take up arms if they set foot near Lakeside.

Gang of scallies set bins on fire on Smithdown Road, Toxteth according to Twitter. Police have closed off the area and Fire Brigade are on the case. There's a fair few Police up here if they really do kick off, but I sure hope not.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
jufonuk said:
whats happening?

looting the tescos, was chased down orpington high street by 8 guys, very glad i know my around. as im walking seeing a few house door broke in to

jufonuk

not tag worthy
HotHamWater said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwwOXaik4L4

is it wrong that when the public cheered i was happy, that the looter was getting his come uppance, you wait until the police get the order to use for, it's going to go nuts also the publice hate chavs/rudes uprising against them will happen.

Meus Renaissance said:
I am perfectly fine with police brutality at this moment after hearing people's homes being broken into. You complain that you don't like being stopped and searched and do this? Lost the support of the public. I want more police and more stop and searches. You can go to school or go to prison. Cry me a river.

So indirectly you are saying all black people have done these crimes and now all of us can be stopped and searched?!

Wow, haha ok..this thread is done for me. Will read the Daily Mail for more informed debate

Night

The Incarnation said:
That's because you have a miserable mindset.

That is your default setting.

Nothing I can say can change that.

You're just annoyed because I told you to read what you read earlier, and now like a child you are holding a grudge over that.

And yeah you're damn right I'm condemning those who don't take a stand.

As for misery I don't live in a place where people actually feel they can burn shit, just because. Besides misery likes company. And your the one seeking me out, not the other way around.

*I* have a miserable mindset? Bahaha...okay mate, you got me there!

I'm annoyed at your miserable stance to this whole situation that's all.

Aha, condemning people who want to live without a brick being thrown at their head, classic.

Wish we had you around, you could save us!

On BBC news earlier they had the owner of the furniture store on the phone. Mentioned the ablaze store had been in the family for 140 years or so, through 5 generations. Be truly weird to see it tomorrow in ashes after walking past it almost every weekday.

On a side note, I fear reactionary measures such as new policing powers will be unlikely to used in the future on genuine emergency situations such as these, but abused on legitimate protests like the G20 and the student protests

form the net

enfield14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom