• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mecha_Infantry said:
That doesn't matter, we're not arguing about whether it's right to target certain minorities. It was his post
Except we are talking about that. You said the police are targeting minorities. I say, they target neighbourhoods with more criminal activity. If the people there happen to be mostly black, is it still targeting minorities? I don't think so.

Mecha_Infantry said:
Are you completely dense or just pretending to be stupid?
You sure know how to make your point...

Galvanise_ said:
Do you know how badly it hit romford?

Someone set a small fire in some bins on Victoria Road at the opposite end from the station, and some dickheads tried to break the windows of Debenhams before being chased off by the Police.

As far as I know that's it. Stuff about Primark etc is retards repeating lame jokes off Twitter ("Primark was burnt down, causing literally pounds of damage, ho ho ho!") until people start to take them seriously.

kharma45 said:
Pretty sad

bp23.jpg

Aaron Biber, 89, assesses the damage to his hairdressing salon after riots on Tottenham High Road on August 7, 2011.

More here http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/08/london_riots.html

Poor guy :'(

ColR100

Mecha_Infantry said:
Are you completely dense or just pretending to be stupid?
I don't know man. Majority of people here have questioned your posts and your fucking stupid ideas.

ClosingADoor said:
Except we are talking about that. You said the police are targeting minorities. I say, they target neighbourhoods with more criminal activity. If the people there happen to be mostly black, is it still targeting minorities? I don't think so.
Bingo.

Qasiel

From the Bexley Times:

There have been reports of up to 200 strong crowd on the streets of Woolwich with the Great Harry pub in Wellington Street on fire as well as a bank and a police car.

Now 20 firefighters are dealing with a fire at a shop with flats above, on Wellington Street, with the whole of the ground floor alight.

There were rumours on tweeter this afternoon that the riots which started in Hackney today, would soon be mirrored in Woolwich.

When the police were asked how they were dealing with this, a Greenwich police spokesman referred the Times to the central press team but they were not available to answer our calls.

Now there are reports that the ASDA in Bugsby Way, Charlton, is on fire. Residents from Thamesmead are also tweeting that the rioting has reached them.

Source

My girlfriend is alone in Thamesmead tonight.

DECK'ARD said:
More Sony:

london52.jpg

Innova Park, Enfield Lock.

Holy shit. Is that Sony DADC in Innova science park?!?! Fuck! That's a huge facility, a friend of mine works (worked) there. The place is full of flammable chemicals. Bastards.

Seep

Arnie said:
Fuck sake, knew this would happen, I'm in Preston but a large portion of my family are in Bootle so I don't like the sound of this at all.
I'm right next to Bootle and I haven't heard a single bit of commotion or a siren don't worry.

Blair

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
Where you from? Lakeside is my neck of the woods.

Upminster. But after spending pretty much my entire teenage years skulking around Lakeside, i feel i owe the place a debt.

The Incarnation said:
That's the miserable mindset I'm on about, expected to be saved by someone..

Together you could save yourselves. It's not like you are outnumbered is it?

Outwitted by a bunch of thugs with Blackberry's, when all you have to do is get together and stand out on the street, in a show of opposite.

The Turks didn't seem to have a problem, but they know enough about this countryto know they can only save themselves.

Keep moaning though, real productive, and real cheerful attitude you've got going there.

Lol, wow. You actually thought I was serious when I said you could save us, or are you just shitting with me lol?

Either way, I'll keep my nice and cheerful attitude thank you very much, and you can continue being a miserable sod.

Good evening sir.

Their law enforcement should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Yes, let's allow punks to completely destroy everything in their pathway while idly standing by.

jufonuk said:
No offence, why not go out and do this then? (unless you not in london)

I think the point is that he isn't anywhere near london, He has probably never lived in a situation like the one going on now and is trying to look like a man on the internet.

Bleepey

The Incarnation said:
Meh, I'm black and I'm not remotely embarrassed.

Last time I looked I didn't belong to some racial hive mind, it's not my problem nor none of my concern.

Personally I feel she has only made matters worse and has only made the bigots feel vindicated, especially where stereotypes are concerned.

I'm black and I am flirting with getting some rope and poking holes in my sheets> Joking aside, I am seriously ashamed right now.

ColR100

There were a few people, Tzeentch.

I'm out though. Hope it all starts to simmer down over the next few days, and leading up to the weekend.

Guys, please stop with the personal attacks. The situation is bad enough as it is.

My thoughts go out to London-GAF. My ex-girlfriend is living there, I hope she's ok.

Wes

venison crêpe
0045: West Midlands Police confirm that a police station in Holyhead Road in Handsworth, Birmingham, is on fire.

WHAT THE HELL GUYS. WHAT THE HELL.

FreeMufasa

mokeyjoe said:
The guy's just got a load of junk. Whey Protein, a karaoke mic, Mango Body Butter, a 360 headset and some bargain bin blu-rays. Did he loot a fucking Poundstretcher or something?

And wouldn't those games/movies just be empty cases? Unless he opened the lock and found each title and then boxed them.

SmokyDave

AgentChris said:
Get your shit together London PD. Jesus this is disgraceful.
They have got their shit together, there is nothing they can do.

What do people expect to happen? That the police will magically multiply to match the yoof and suddenly be free of the rules and regulations that are holding them back?

There is nothing they can do. If that isn't obvious by now, it should be soon enough.

jufonuk said:

I'm not. If it happened where I lived I would, as would others. That's the difference between London and the rest of Britain for the most part..

TheNatural

My Member!
Does England have a 'martial law' type order where they can send the military in to stop the rioting, like they sent the national guard in with the LA riots?

Technosteve said:
how the fuck did this get so out of hand?

When your law enforcement doesn't impede riots and doesn't use physical force to make an example out of people this is the result. People can criticize the amount of power the American police force has, but this would have never gotten to this point over here.

Mr. Sam

jufonuk said:
If I read correctly, he lives in a utopia where social injustice has been entirely eliminated, otherwise he'd have rounded up a posse lickity split.

Me? I'm just waiting for the sherrif to come a-knockin'. Until then, I'll stop commenting because I have no right to unless I'm defending GAME with a cricket bat.

Polari

ThisWreckage said:
Their law enforcement should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Yes, let's allow punks to completely destroy everything in their pathway while idly standing by.

I don't know what you expect them to do. They're massively outnumbered.

Arnie

Seep said:
I'm right next to Bootle and I haven't heard a single bit of commotion or a siren don't worry.
Cheers mate keep us posted, hopefully judging from that video it can be isolated to Toxteth, at least for tonight. Stupid fucking dick heads, I don't even know what they're rioting about.

kottila

FunkyPajamas said:
Guys, please stop with the personal attacks. The situation is bad enough as it is.

My thoughts go out to London-GAF. My ex-girlfriend is living there, I hope she's ok.
No civilians has been hurt so far right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom