• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are evacuating people from their homes after fire in Clapham junction. Smh. People are losing their homes to this - they did nothing wrong and lose everything because some cunt is bored on a Monday night

Negaiido

Tzeentch said:
Give me a goddamn break. You would be the first to cry and moan if you or a friend got caught by cops on a rampage or were delayed by roadblocks.

Why even be outside? I would be too scared to walk near those riots.

-viper-

Banned
Subliminal said:
Are you actually having some sort of right wing mental breakdown?
I'm actually a lefty.

But it sickens me to see criminals overrun the streets like a playground.

With regards to my previous comment - I do not have any prejudices against any black people. I'm good friends with a number of black folk. But it seems to be many of the youth who are causing problems in London seemingly are black. Without being too politically incorrect, it's the truth.

I don't blame this on 'ethnic minorities' or 'multiculturalism' though. They're not the only ones looting - many chav cunts are taking this opportunity to do so too. Skin colour doesn't define whether you are a criminal or not.

MLH

Raxel said:
My mates are telling me there's some action in Hounslow.

Feeling tempted to drive down and snap some pics!

Please don't, you'll just add to the problem of bigger crowds making the police feel more overwhelmed.

The Incarnation said:
Read the rest of the post you quoted and you'd find out.

Second time you'd demonstrated a lack of reading comprehension.

I understood you perfectly both times, I just happen to think you are a miserable human being that's all.

You're right though in some aspects sure, but the way you come across, you sound more like you're condemning those who don't take a stand. Not everyone is going to run out onto the streets to "defend" their neighborhood. This is London. People are getting shanked left and right, people ARE scared enough as it is in this city.

All I hear from you is misery.

hertog

Looks like I'm gonna have to cancel my vacation, really the first time I didn't bought insurance.

My thoughts are with all the good people in London.

Sealda

Banned
Both BBC and SKY are terrible at reporting right now. They are obviously not giving a shit about this. Yes, they have extra broadcasts about it but everyone who works there have since long gone home. No more new footage for tonight. They will stick with the same old footage and then have some telephone interviews with people. WHAT A JOKE.

goomba

Banned
This is just bizarre. I lived in a few of these areas in 2008-2010 and i can't believe this could happen there. I always thought London had too many police and surveillance ...obviously not.

Prine

Banned
SmokyDave said:
I agree with you but you know Nick Griffin is wanking over the footage from tonight, Hackney especially. Video editors for right-wing blogs will be working through the night.

Sky news interview, on TV now.

Yes Griffen is loving this, but there's too much evidence against his viewpoint for him to persuade the wider public.

No doubt it will he reduced into Black thing in the short term.

MarkMclovin said:
The Sky reporter, Mark has been awesome tonight, fair play.

Man I gotta get up early tomorrow. Stay safe cockney gaf.

He's so funny. I love how he just walks into the looted stores to see what's been stolen. He set of some alarm in boots.

Walshicus

immy said:
i hope your house is burned down, just like how my friends shop was.
Fuck you, you fucking arsehole.

Are you so stupid that you read an absence of reactionism as some kind of endorsement of this riot?

Rioting: Bad.
Police brutality: Bad
Social deprivation: Bad
Looting: Bad
Arson: Bad
Insufficient police coverage: Bad
Politicians staying on holiday during all this: Bad

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just made it to orpington some stuff im seeing is horrific

Clegg

Desmond said:
I know that. Thankfully it was just a group of fucking inbreds
Too right. But other than that the Gardai don't really need the massive riot shields.

There was the student marches last year in Dublin I suppose, but there was relatively minor damage afflicted then.

We're a fairly calm bunch all things considered.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Fielding the next locations should be incredibly easy if the police get access to BBM, simply set up a filter for "dem" and "dat".

Done.

outunderthestars said:
Serious question: Are British citizens allowed to own guns?

Yes, but you need a license and it's very, very limited. Handguns are completely banned, and carrying any sort of gun on a street is completely illegal.

Meus Renaissance said:
Pictures of one of the Turkish groups

http://k.min.us/ilON6Y.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

Fuck yeah. At least some people are standing up to these thugs. Surprise surprise, once they have been given a good beating the shitfaces run off.

The police need to start beating the shit out of every single one of these bastards. Once they see consequences to their looting they will go home.

Brinbe

Chaos said:
Fucking insanity...
LLShC.gif

ColR100 said:
I'm sorry, it might be that my views are different to yours. But if you're holding a fire-arm like that on the street, then you deserve to be shot regardless of the circumstances at the time.

I wouldn't expect an officer to be waiting until it was pointed in his face before he decided to shoot.

He was carrying a fire-arm, no sympathy from me.

Again we'll wait for the 100% correct report, but the Guardian article which revealed he didn't shoot said he had the gun in a sock, for transporting...And he didn't pull it out

But we'll see

-viper-

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
I am perfectly fine with police brutality at this moment after hearing people's homes being broken into. You complain that you don't like being stopped and searched and do this? Lost the support of the public. I want more police and more stop and searches. You can go to school or go to prison. Cry me a river.
Completely agree.

Fuck the thugs. Especially watching that video where those 9 police men were attacked by those 50 brainless cunts.

If anyone attacks the police, they should have EVERY RIGHT to use lethal force. Self defense should be priority for the brave people putting their lives on the line in to protect the public.

People (mostly US-GAF) asking why the police don't use guns, it would likely cause more violence than there already is. Difficult to explain, but it'd be like an unhappy middle - either go all out and take the army to the streets or stay neutral and hope for dissipation. Hm, now I type that it doesn't seem right... Ah well, sounded good in my head.

*EDIT*

Gotta love Apple's spelling correction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom