• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

besiktas1

Before I go bed here's a clip that made me smile. How it should have been dealt with from the start. In Turkey 1 policeman dealing with pkk "protesters". A few gun licks and boot up the arses. Needless to say when the rest of the Calvary arrived it was back to peaceful in 15 minutes... No time to escalate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uou1icvTonw&feature=player_embedded#at=

Goodnight London-GAF. Stay safe.

edit: I lol'd at this too, btw "vur" means beat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnGcRXc3LY&feature=related

50secs is epic :D

iceatcs

Maffis said:
Police should get clearance to use teargas and rubber boolets. Or, do they already have that?
They do have these, but they are not using it for some reasons. I think they are waiting anyone in the leader for order.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
ashley678 said:
looting the tescos, was chased down orpington high street by 8 guys, very glad i know my around. as im walking seeing a few house door broke in to

Fuck man. Careful out there.

Furret

Banned
CommieCaptorS said:
On BBC news earlier they had the owner of the furniture store on the phone. Mentioned the ablaze store had been in the family for 140 years or so, through 5 generations. Be truly weird to see it tomorrow in ashes after walking past it almost every weekday.

On a side note, I fear reactionary measures such as new policing powers will be unlikely to used in the future on genuine emergency situations such as these, but abused on legitimate protests like the G20 and the student protests

Tough shit. If this is the alternative then so be it.

If you believe in your cause you can put up with a bit of police brutality. People today are such wimps.

What happened to: "I went down to the demonstration, to get my fair share of abuse"?

Mecha_Infantry said:
So indirectly you are saying all black people have done these crimes and now all of us can be stopped and searched?!

Wow, haha ok..this thread is done for me. Will read the Daily Mail for more informed debate

Night
I think you're just reading what you want. No where did he say anything about race.

Clegg

CadetMahoney said:
form the net

enfield14.jpg
What a gobshite.

Mecha_Infantry said:
So indirectly you are saying all black people have done these crimes and now all of us can be stopped and searched?!

Wow, haha ok..this thread is done for me. Will read the Daily Mail for more informed debate

Night

I know Meus can fight his own battles, but he didn't mention race anywhere in that post. You did.

Mecha_Infantry said:

Night

If you mean the reference towards the stop and searches? I'd be the last person to cite race as a cause considering I'm black myself. I can see how you might have thought that - apologies. My rage comments throughout the night have been in relation to the explanations been given in the last few days for these riots - things such as stop and searches - my reaction is F-that. It's utterly ludicrous. Because of what has happened over the last few nights, stop and searches are now essentially rubber stamped with approval from the public. Even if it was to piss them off, I honestly am not bothered - go cry about it over that Plasma telly you stole.

No sympathy whatsoever on my part. Don't care if their yardies or chavs. Cunts the lot of them who nothing but to act hard and live off JD sports and pay as you go topups.

Meus Renaissance said:
What pisses me off is if that they are that angry, then why not stop them yourselves? They only speak up when the police have him.
That's just the effect of people being civilized. Don't be pissed off by that. If people's threshold to snap into an aggressive mindset was lower, we'd be a lot worse off.

CommieCaptorS said:
On BBC news earlier they had the owner of the furniture store on the phone. Mentioned the ablaze store had been in the family for 140 years or so, through 5 generations. Be truly weird to see it tomorrow in ashes after walking past it almost every weekday.

I am not from there, but was checking that on Google Images...

hQCV0l.jpg

rcEsVl.jpg

:/

zomgbbqftw said:
I know Meus can fight his own battles, but he didn't mention race anywhere in that post. You did.

Hence why I said indirectly. Please let me know who were the major targets for the stop and search method of the MET. Then come back to me if that race were not black

Seriously, please do

Wes

venison crêpe
tehbible said:
is it hard for regular citizens to obtain a gun by legal means?

all im sayin is, this kinda of breaking into strangers' homes would NEVER work in the U.S., too many citizens are armed to the teeth.
Gun Control laws are pretty darn stringent here.

Taken from Wiki as it would explain it better than I ever could:
Over the course of the 20th century, the UK gradually implemented tighter regulation of the civilian ownership of firearms through the enactment of the 1968, 1988, 1994 and 1997 Firearms (Amendment) Acts leading to the current outright ban on the ownership of all automatic, and most self-loading, firearms in the UK. The ownership of breech-loading handguns is, in particular, also very tightly controlled and effectively limited (other than in Northern Ireland) to those persons who may require such a handgun for the non routine humane killing of injured or dangerous animals. Each firearm must be registered on a Firearms Certificate (FAC) or shotgun certificate. These are issued by local police after the buyer demonstrates good reason for each firearm (e.g. hunting, pest control, or target shooting). Police may restrict the type and amount of ammunition held, and where and how the firearms are used.

I think the law over protecting your home against intruders was to be revisited in the coming parliamentary session.

Sennorin

Banned
Agreed with the guy who´s talking on the BBC stream right now. All the douchebag bystanders suck. Go home and stay the fuck away if you are no local resident. Taking photos of other people´s tragedy. smh

Casp0r

Banned
CommieCaptorS said:
On a side note, I fear reactionary measures such as new policing powers will be unlikely to used in the future on genuine emergency situations such as these, but abused on legitimate protests like the G20 and the student protests

The line is really so fucking simple ...

You can protest all you like, however if you start breaking windows and throwing bricks. The dogs come out.

How is that so fucking hard to comprehend?

Anyway, unfortunately thanks to a general idiocracy of thinking as you just demonstrated, these riots are now happening. Peoples livelihoods are getting destroyed. Why? Because you took away any power the police could wield.

Go tell these peoples who's homes and stores have just burnt down that police shouldn't have extra measures to combat violence like this ... go on. I hope they kick your head in.

Mecha_Infantry said:
Hence why I said indirectly. Please let me know who were the major targets for the stop and search method of the MET. Then come back to me if that race were not black

Seriously, please do
The major targets for those actions are in neighbourhoods with a lot of criminal activity?

At least 20 cars on fire now in Liverpool rioters heading towards the City this is what I feared worse than London

:\

I'd say 'stay safe Scouse GAF', but most of them live in the US and Norway anyway... but seriously. Stay safe.

I've read that cars and vans on Smithdown Road and Lodge Lane in Liverpool, the kids have been getting in on it there too, and apparently a bit of a disturbance in Toxteth too. Just as I feared on hearing about Birmingham. I've not seen it reported on the news yet but all my mates on Facebook have been posting about it.... fucking shameful

Mecha_Infantry said:

Seriously, please do

Brown people? I got stopped and searched once. Fuck it. I wasn't carrying anything. Who gives a flying fuck.

dorkimoe

KingDizzi said:
Tottenham is a black area, you are more likely to see black people looting statistically. Lots of Pakistanis in Birmingham and it's them I see in the videos, again more likely. This has nothing to do with race, it's fucking filthy chavs that are taking advantage of the situation. There needs to be a social cleansing, all chavs put out their misery. Anyone I'm off to the Tesco that had it's windows smashed, I'll take photos just for you my fellow Gaffers. :)
I'm really bored
Yes but "it just seems that blacks seem to jump in and take advantage of the situation more often. Like the story from Wisconsin last week that had blacks attack white people as they left the state fair. Mob mentality.

I hope the police fuck up all the looters. Idiots burning down their own city.

ClosingADoor said:
The major targets for those actions are in neighbourhoods with a lot of criminal activity?

That doesn't matter, we're not arguing about whether it's right to target certain minorities. It was his post

The English Conquistador said:
Wish we had you around, you could save us!

That's the miserable mindset I'm on about, expected to be saved by someone..

Together you could save yourselves. It's not like you are outnumbered is it?

Outwitted by a bunch of thugs with Blackberry's, when all you have to do is get together and stand out on the street, in a show of opposition

The Turks didn't seem to have a problem, but they know enough about this country to know they can only save themselves.

Keep moaning though, real productive, and real cheerful attitude you've got going there.

painey

The West Ham game tomorrow is cancelled, and NOW I'm fucking angry.. they can smash up my home town, but when they fuck around with my football team is when I lose it!

2th said:
so they have his name, can easily get his address, and can arrest him for looting... sounds like a real winner there.
I was thinking about that. Where's the evidence of this being loot, unless he commented on this picture? Obviously it is loot, but you need hard evidence to prosecute someone.

Arnie

radioheadrule83 said:
I've read that cars and vans on Smithdown Road and Lodge Lane in Liverpool, the kids have been getting in on it there too, and apparently a bit of a disturbance in Toxteth too. Just as I feared on hearing about Birmingham. I've not seen it reported on the news yet but all my mates on Facebook have been posting about it.... fucking shameful
Fuck sake, knew this would happen, I'm in Preston but a large portion of my family are in Bootle so I don't like the sound of this at all.

mokeyjoe

CadetMahoney said:
form the net

enfield14.jpg

The guy's just got a load of junk. Whey Protein, a karaoke mic, Mango Body Butter, a 360 headset and some bargain bin blu-rays. Did he loot a fucking Poundstretcher or something?

I've not been watching the news over the last few months but have heard about this and needed to check out the news.

I hope nothing happens near Southend or Basildon, where the dodgy people live.

Kinda scared.

ColR100 said:
The majority of the people rioting are black though (it's not their fault they've had an underprivileged background though, could happen to anyone). What's the problem here, and why bring race up at all though?

Are you completely dense or just pretending to be stupid?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The Incarnation said:
That's the miserable mindset I'm on about, expected to be saved by someone..

Together you could save yourselves. It's not like you are outnumbered is it?

Outwitted by a bunch of thugs with Blackberry's, when all you have to do is get together and stand out on the street, in a show of opposite.

The Turks didn't seem to have a problem, but they know enough about this countryto know they can only save themselves.

Keep moaning though, real productive, and real cheerful attitude you've got going there.

No offence, why not go out and do this then? (unless you not in london)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom