• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

KingDizzi said:
This has got to be the main worldwide news right? Going to be VERY interesting to see what comes from all this, I seriously hope the Police get more power but it really is a lose lose situation. Fucking kettling those students and the police get it, they push that old man and they get it, they don't use force and they get it. Did the policeman that pushed that guy not go to jail? If so I cannot blame them for not doing anything using force.

How do they fucking win?

I'd rather they don't.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I can't even begin to imagine the cost of all this.

The daylight footage tomorrow is going to look like the Blitz in places.

Wallach

Lionheart1827 said:
Guy with backpack is bleeding on sidewalk near a bunch of these thugs. One thug comes to embrace him and help him up and walk him a few steps. Another thug opens up his bag and goes through his stuff, along with the guy that helped him up. Take shit out and throw it.

Classy. Fuckin assholes.

Yeah, what the fuck man. I don't really understand why this seems to be continuing on without stronger response from the government there.

baylon452

Neo Member
I can only imagine this is going to get worse tomorrow night if this continues in places all over the country. Police need to step there game up. Get the fucking tear gas out at least, do something.

Oh, one last thing I'd like to mention.

The media's coverage in my country (Belgium) on this has been piss poor. Granted, it's the middle of the night, but the most recent radio news (3am) didn't even mention the riots. Just some updates on the Asian stock markets plummeting and the weather for tomorrow. The fuck...?

Jibbed

2nqxs3o.jpg

Looks like a fucking warzone.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Vivalaraza said:
I am really worried this could be central London tmrw. Plz dont let that happen.
the rosetta stone would make a great coffee table to put your new bravia on.

Prine

Banned
KingDizzi said:
This has got to be the main worldwide news right? Going to be VERY interesting to see what comes from all this, I seriously hope the Police get more power but it really is a lose lose situation. Fucking kettling those students and the police get it, they push that old man and they get it, they don't use force and they get it. Did the policeman that pushed that guy not go to jail? If so I cannot blame them for not doing anything using force.

How do they fucking win?

Yeah I can see the police saying what I said but obviously word it differently, things will change after this for sure or James Cameron will be fucking off very soon.

Exactly, its a no win situation for police.

Dabanton

Andrefpvs said:
Maybe I'm ignorant but can't they just send in the army?

Army flooding the streets of the UK is not an image any prime minster wants flashed around the world.

It shows a nation that has lost complete control.

Wes

venison crêpe
baylon452 said:
I can only imagine this is going to get worse tomorrow night if this continues in places all over the country. Police need to step there game up. Get the fucking tear gas out at least, do something.

Tonight has shown how thin the police are stretched. By tomorrow night most of the riot trained police will be at the limit of the time they can be deployed for. I really think the Territorial Army will be mobilized to stub this out. Another night like this, or heaven forbid, greater than this cannot be allowed to happen.

equap

Banned
I think someone here already asked this but why did this get out of control so fast? and why aren't the cops doing anything????

Polari

Vivalaraza said:
I am really worried this could be central London tmrw. Plz dont let that happen.

Don't worry, the police will shoot on sight if they get anywhere near Mayfair or Belgravia.

Souldriver said:
Oh, one last thing I'd like to mention.

The media's coverage in my country (Belgium) on this has been piss poor. Granted, it's the middle of the night, but the most recent radio news (3am) didn't even mention the riots. Just some updates on the Asian stock markets plummeting and the weather for tomorrow. The fuck...?

back to back live coverage on ABC24 (free-to-air) in Australia!

Dabanton

KingDizzi said:
sigh..........explain yourself mate, one word replies are really fucking annoying.

Edit - ah caught you before your edit, still why do you think that?

You seriously want to give the police more powers to do what?

JMB

Banned
Carl said:
Apparently 750 people worked at that centre that is on fire.

FUCKING GREAT JOB, WANKERS

Assholes, absolute assholes. Can't believe how fucking stupid these thugs are.

Wes

venison crêpe
BBC have been awful at confirming stuff tonight. What they said was the Sainsbury's Depot they have now said is the Sony one we've been on about for a while now.

Edit: Sky say it is Sainsburys.

Night shift are lame!

equap said:
I think someone here already asked this but why did this get out of control so fast? and why aren't the cops doing anything????

There are too many various riots in too many locations to send enough cops to each location to fully put and end to them. There are also not enough tried riot officers in the whole of London to deploy. They will apparently be drafting in people from more locations tomorrow.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I think the only solution is to deport all these people to some island (not Australia this time).

See how they like that.

Khal_B

I'm watching BBC right now, and the fires, my God...really?

How much more will it take before serious measures are put into place? And the longer it lingers, the worse it will get.

Polari

Wes said:
Tonight has shown how thin the police are stretched. By tomorrow night most of the riot trained police will be at the limit of the time they can be deployed for. I really think the Territorial Army will be mobilized to stub this out. Another night like this, or heaven forbid, greater than this cannot be allowed to happen.

I can't really see this slowing down without serious intervention, or bad weather. Only 250 arrests means most of the people involved are free and motivated to loot tomorrow night.

This entire situation really makes me want to scream with anger, but also cry for those who have lost so much. My fucking country. My beautiful country. Why are people so stupid?

Margalis

Banned
This is the night softly softly policing died. If Cameron and May don't announce a new zero tolerance approach to policing along with new jails I can't see myself voting for them in 2015.

Jails don't prevent riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom