• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gaborn said:
So what kind of criminal penalties is the UK likely to bring against these thugs causing all the chaos and destruction?
zlH6cl.jpg

A lovely bloody manicure.

dc89

nelsonroyale said:
Are there any riots in your area....? No? Then what are the chances mate...? This situation is pretty small scale compared to the types of riots that go on in many other countries...it is just surprising that it has bubbled over in the UK at this time

You say it's on a small scale, maybe.

But if the police and fire brigade can't deal with 'small scale' looting, violence and fires how would they come with a medium set of those crimes?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
jufonuk said:
teresa may saying we can get by with help from local communities (IE joe public deal with it)

man I googles teresa may and all I see is boobs and her poon...she might as well do the sticky with all the rioters to stop the senseless violence in London.

SteveWD40

nelsonroyale said:
Are there any riots in your area....? No? Then what are the chances mate...? This situation is pretty small scale compared to the types of riots that go on in many other countries...it is just surprising that it has bubbled over in the UK at this time

Martial law to handle youth thuggery? What are the police good for exactly? This comes under their domain, they need to step up

Pretty much, the BBC are making out that society is collapsing, they say it was in "Manchester" last night, well I live smack in the centre and fuck all happened, it will have been 10 kids in Moss Side turning over a cash and carry or something.

Isolated incidents being painted as WW3.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Gowans007 said:
I'd honestly be up for doing a community organised patrol of my neighbourhood tonight.

People need to come together & do something about this.

It's encouraging to see people organising clean-ups on Twitter - that seems perhaps a little less risky than going on patrol at night. Still sends a message to the people causing this though.

Marv_79

Neo Member
nelsonroyale said:

Martial law to handle youth thuggery? What are the police good for exactly? This comes under their domain, they need to step up

Wow you know where I live.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Verano said:
man I googles teresa may and all I see is boobs and her poon...she might as well do the sticky with all the rioters to stop the senseless violence in London.

sorry it should be theresa may

Took some pictures on my way to work today, they still had fireman tackling Reeves Corner and another building in Croydon at 7:20 this morning. I will post the pics once i get home form work later on.

dc89

Verano said:

You got the wrong one. For sure.

dc89

Cj70 said:
Acting police chief and home secretary will need to go after their inept responce and comments.

Labour are going to have a field day when Parliment re-opens. It will be glorious.

Gowans

Yeah I hope the north east stays out of it, you know done odours are dying to jump on tho.

And yeah it's nice to see the community clean ups on twitter.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wow, only 1,400 cops for London? Hasn't the government also been looking at doing cuts to the police force? Those numbers just look silly small for dealing with this problem.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Verano said:
ohhhh....whoops sorry about that London-GAF. Didn't mean to offend you guys...

lol no offence, the other May (the titty one) would be preferable to the one we have now, should would have more common sense..

Gowans

As it's not a protest or anything over thugary and theft do you think anyone would mind if today was announced anyone who goes out and does this will be met with extreme force and rubber bullet n tear gas up the police.

Sblargh

Banned
Marv_79 said:
I don't know why but that bothers me.

Well, I understand you are afraid and pissed and a lot of negative emotions and what I will say may sound like just leftist bleeding heart or something, but don't lose sense of due law. People here are complaining about police being too lenient and people getting off too easy and that's the other extreme of wanting death penalty.

They should be stopped and arrested, but they are still your compatriots and social contract or whatever makes law more than obedience to whoever have the firepower demands that your compatriots are dealt with as much civility as possible due the situations.

The other extreme, as said, is just this doing nothing, is thinking that tear gas and other forms of non-lethal tested and true riot containment techniques are too much. They aren't, they are what you need to do, if you don't do that, fear start making people believe that more lethal methods are necessary.

Anyway, just don't forget that, on regular days, these are the people you share the streets, the parks, the workplaces, etc.

antonz

Gowans007 said:
As it's not a protest or anything over thugary and theft do you think anyone would mind if today was announced anyone who goes out and does this will be met with extreme force and rubber bullet n tear gas up the police.
Something to that degree is probably what is needed. We are seeing the mob mentality is spreading because the law is apparently powerless to stop it. The longer it goes unchecked the more will be drawn into it.

madmackem

Gowans007 said:

Should class it as a form of terrorism and the kind of charges and time that would bring.

Khal_B

I just saw some dude say that the the police are just standing there while the rioters burned and looted his house and the surrounding area.

Clearly the police are currently not equipped to deal with this. It's time to start arming them with SOMETHING. I can't imagine what that guy must have felt, watching his house being burnt down and it being looted and the police just STANDING there.

Shit...

dc89

jufonuk said:
Labour helped cause this...

True but you know what government are like. Never admit anything.

They will get Cameron on cutting the police. Thatcher, she faced a recession and did not cut the police, she saw the riots coming. So she gave them a pay rise and hired more.

But were living in a ConDemNation. Where cuts are the best way forward. Maybe Labour were partly right when saying you had to spend your way out of this recession, spend on national security at least.

lifa-cobex

gofreak said:
It's encouraging to see people organising clean-ups on Twitter - that seems perhaps a little less risky than going on patrol at night. Still sends a message to the people causing this though.

I would be more inclined to leave the destruction alone for a while. More to show the government how bad this is.
I agree about the risk though.

SteveWD40

No one helped cause this, don't justify these cunts by making it social cometary!

They are little shits who found out that if the police fear a riot / they go out in force that they can get free shit, that's all. They are living on the UK welfare state for god sake, they are practically middle class compared to most of the world.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Jamie OD said:
That won't stop them from blaming the people currently in charge.

I know, fuck this round all the chavs up regardless send em to the army discipline them and err send them to hotsopts (who's a bad man know? when you get an IEd in your fucking face) let our lads come home, sorry I may not be making any logical sense, lack of fucking sleep..

the key word I am geting is powerless.. the police can't act, funny the G20 the police are acting tough, normal people getting looted it's all nice to be restrained. hmmm give them the power to act tough on these scum.....

yes I know they pushed and killed an innocent civillian in the G20 but seriously let the police police to their maximum pottential

Sblargh said:
Well, I understand you are afraid and pissed and a lot of negative emotions and what I will say may sound like just leftist bleeding heart or something, but don't lose sense of due law. People here are complaining about police being too lenient and people getting off too easy and that's the other extreme of wanting death penalty.

They should be stopped and arrested, but they are still your compatriots and social contract or whatever makes law more than obedience to whoever have the firepower demands that your compatriots are dealt with as much civility as possible due the situations.

The other extreme, as said, is just this doing nothing, is thinking that tear gas and other forms of non-lethal tested and true riot containment techniques are too much. They aren't, they are what you need to do, if you don't do that, fear start making people believe that more lethal methods are necessary.

Anyway, just don't forget that, on regular days, these are the people you share the streets, the parks, the workplaces, etc.
And are a disgrace to society then, too. These dickheads are the reason people are attacked on the streets, intimidated, etc etc.

Fuck them. They don't deserve our sympathy or leniency. There's no ideology or cause here, they're just doing what they usually do but on a bigger and more extreme scale.

Fuck. Them.

Lakitu

st5fu
Got a bad feeling about tonight.

Anyway, these cunts won't get any sympathy from me. They are scum, and should be punished to the fullest extent.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Lakitu said:
Got a bad feeling about tonight.

Anyway, these cunts won't get any sympathy from me. They are scum, and should be punished to the fullest extent.

how long before this sentiment turns to the public putting it into action, then it will be mayhem :(

this is almost like a fucking plot from Batman, it's so fucking surreal, shit like this happens in other countries not mine :(

Adamm

jufonuk said:
this is almost like a fucking plot from Batman, it's so fucking surreal, shit like this happens in other countries not mine :(
Odd that i was thinking the opposite. (I live in Northern Ireland)

Talking in the office this morning - we were saying its wierd seeing riots in the UK that dont involve Northern Ireland.

hertog

Ok London gaf, help me to be sure.

I was going on vacation in London, starting tomorrow. I'll be staying nearby victoria station. Should I cancel my holiday?

SmokyDave

jamieson87 said:
Quote me if I'm wrong, but I think tonight will be much quieter. They will get bored.
I think there will be a lull for a day or two and then it will ramp up over the weekend.

I'm fed up with people looking for reasons for this unrest. Are these fuckers invisible until they riot or something? They're just scum, plain and simple. There are no deeper reasons.

Afterwards, we can figure out how this generation was created. I suggest we stop paying poor, uneducated people to breed.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
hertog said:
Ok London gaf, help me to be sure.

I was going on vacation in London, starting tomorrow. I'll be staying nearby victoria station. Should I cancel my holiday?

i doubt central london will be hit too many tourists

victoria will be safe, jsut dont go out the west end like camden, or tottenham court road...

our city is really wonderful when it isn't being burnt down

SteveWD40 said:
No one helped cause this, don't justify these cunts by making it social cometary!

They are little shits who found out that if the police fear a riot / they go out in force that they can get free shit, that's all. They are living on the UK welfare state for god sake, they are practically middle class compared to most of the world.

You wanted to not make it a social commentary but in your second sentence stated moral conscience, social welfare and class standards.

This is a social issue. People willing to go out and rob is a society problem; it didn't happen in Japan it shouldn't happen here.

ruttyboy

Wow, this whole thing is so weird.

I used to live in Clapton (on the edge of Hackney), but managed to get out a couple of years ago (thank God, East London is a f'ing hole). Watching the news and occasionally going, "Shit! That's x street!" was freaky.

All the best to the decent people caught up in this (I was actually playing on Live with my mate who lives in Clapham Junction and he had to go for obvious reasons), but the scum can burn (metaphorically or literally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom