• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJV3

Water cannon won't solve this, this is kids hitting and running. they will either stop when they are bored of it or the authorities fill the streets with 20,000 extra police.

Casp0r said:
Apparently the police are not even allowed to use batons ...

What ... the ... fuck ...
If I was a member of the police then I wouldn't give a fuck about being fired or prosecuted. I'd just start beating the shit out of the arsehole thugs.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
HotHamWater said:
90% of stopping anything tonight has nothing to do with needing cannons/army. The Met has simply got to get their shit together and prevent groups forming in the type of areas where it's already happened. Rely on the public calling in groups, and form groups of 20+ officers to go around dispersing people.

sorry but thats deluded.

20+ officers cant do shit when faced with 100-200 yobs. Lets not forget police aren't just bodies you throw at a problem, they're people. They tire, they get injured etc

SteveWD40

kaizoku said:
sorry but thats deluded.

20+ officers cant do shit when faced with 100-200 yobs. Lets not forget police aren't just bodies you throw at a problem, they're people. They tire, they get injured etc

UNLEASH THE ZOMBIES!

strata8

marvelharvey said:
watchfuleyes.jpg
The mayor sure did a good job making it look like the police aren't spying on you.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
its clear we need an emergency vote and government change ASAP

david cameron in the make-up room making touches to his face instead of speaking to the nation.

edit FTW HES ON

Margalis

Banned
Is "secure beneath the watchful eyes" supposed to be comforting?

From a US perspective that's kind of ominous and disturbing.

panda21

oh I read that the sony plant that got burnt down had stock from lots of independent record labels in it who are now fucked.. boomkat.com has been tweeting a lot about it

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Maleficence said:
The more I see, the more I agree with you. Still I think the situation is manageable without it.
The amount of destruction and ruined lives is more than enough to call for some CS bombing. Hundredos of people have lost cars, jobs, homes.

If things keep going wrong, a call to the TA should be warranted.

Margalis said:
Is "secure beneath the watchful eyes" supposed to be comforting?

From a US perspective that's kind of ominous and disturbing.
At least they're honest about what they're doing. You'd have to be naive to think the US government doesn't do the same.

Cameron really needed to just take the stand and immediately say exactly what they're going to do to solve this. So far, he's just making an extended apology, muddled with stating the bloody obvious.

Templar Wizard said:
2 chavs on bbc world today: 'its the fault of the rich people, the ones who own businesses'

Those two and the girl who was like "I is gettin our taxes back innit" need euthanizing on the spot to save themselves from their own stupidity. The reporters should be immediately responding "are you really that thick?"

The sad thing is, they're not thick. They know that kind of talk will play into the pathetic displays of empathy and understanding from our nations heart bleeders and academics.

Every single one of them should have a truncheon thrust into their throat so hard it busts out the back of their neck, they should have their blackberries shoved up their arse... self entitled, horrible, twatty, cuntish little brats. The parents should be punished too for failing to get a grip of their fuckin' demon spawn.

painey

"Now if you'll excuse me, there is important work to be done"

30mins on the tanning bed.. he left his holiday before he could get an even tan on his back

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
now the news are repeating what the pm has said, and all the pm said was stuff we seen on the news

the country is fucked, i'm locking my door.

Chopper

radioheadrule83 said:
Those two and the girl who was like "I is gettin our taxes back innit" need euthanizing on the spot to save themselves from their own stupidity. The reporters should be immediately responding "are you really that thick?"

The sad thing is, they're not thick. They know that kind of talk will play into the pathetic displays of empathy and understanding from our nations heart bleeders and academics.

Every single one of them should have a truncheon thrust into their throat so hard it busts out the back of their neck, they should have their blackberries shoved up their arse... self entitled, horrible, twatty, cuntish little brats. The parents should be punished too for failing to get a grip of their fuckin' demon spawn.
'zactly.

panda21

given how completely overwhelmed they were last night, i have a feeling the extra police won't make much of a difference

Coxy

ok so 16,000 police in london tonight, great, have they completely ignored what's been happening in other areas though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom