• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinner said:
guys, we do have watercannons. sources tell me the police have some super soakers CPS 2000 that they're getting ready to roll out once they've finished filling them up in the sink.

Update:

Police Budget won't cover it thanks to the high rates of East Anglia and Thames Water.

JMB

Banned
SmokyDave said:
I don't know but it would perhaps pay to plan a route home via West Bridgford way rather than the Meadows way.

I was thinking that myself, thanks for the advice though.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
someone link me to a sky news feed, BBC news clearly can't keep up with all this

Chinner said:
guys, we do have watercannons. sources tell me the police have some super soakers CPS 2000 that they're getting ready to roll out once they've finished filling them up in the sink.

They should wait until someone breaks into a Toys R Us and then confiscate all of the NERF, Xploderz, and pump action water guns.

Kentpaul said:
someone link me to a sky news feed, BBC news clearly can't keep up with all this

Whilst I HATE Sky, their coverage has been great. Instead of interviewing pointless people, Sky are doing very well. Again if anyone saw the interview just now from the guy in Bristol, it was emotional

BBC have been so bland

JonnyBrad

The cops pussyfooting around is probably related to the Tomlinson issue. they made a massive mistake there and now they feel they can't touch any of these bunch of morons for fear of being banged up themselves.

CozMick

Banned
Police commissioner on This Morning is fact that last night they didn't have a fucking clue what to do.

Wouldn't answer a direct question, scared to comment on MPs (obviously) reaction to the event.

God help us when the Olympics come round next year.

Chuckie

Chriswok said:
You're not from England are you?

Well I am not... and I'm really really surprised your riot police doesn't have watercannons.
Even our (Dutch) riot police has them and uses them for squatters and hooligans and what not.

jorma

is now taking requests
Prine said:
What does this even mean? My tone is irrelevant, as the observation remains.

How is your "tone" irrelevant? I don't at all agree with your observation and your "tone" sucks.

Tence said:
Well I am not... and I'm really really surprised your riot police doesn't have watercannons.
Even our (Dutch) riot police has them and uses them for squatters and hooligans and what not.

It was the belief that this happens more than once a decade that gave it away.

kitch9

Banned
CozMick said:
Police commissioner on This Morning is fact that last night they didn't have a fucking clue what to do.

Wouldn't answer a direct question, scared to comment on MPs (obviously) reaction to the event.

God help us when the Olympics come round next year.

The good news is, I suppose, is that its been exposed how poor our security actually is. There should be a public referendum on the use of force in situations like this and we go with whatever the majority think instead of the pc pussys scratching their arse.

The rioters know our police have nothing that can hurt them, and until they can bring the pain en masse I have a feeling they won't stop.

Casp0r

Banned
Apparently the police are not even allowed to use batons ...

What ... the ... fuck ...

Kentpaul said:

Just the fact you've communicated with Chavs ... makes you a chav, openly denying your not one makes it even more apparent.

Don't worry it's ok. Burn all your clothes, take out all your piercings, go back to school and learn to annunciate!

Parliament being recalled according to some MP.

Sony's DADC facility looked completely destroyed, that's 750 people out of work over night.

kottila

This is almost like an episode of Supernanny where the kids go mental due to the lack of boundries from the parents (police).

Jo Frost would've stopped all this in hours.

PJV3

Patrick Mercer MP is fucking idiot, this has nothing to do with political correctness, the police are simply overwhelmed, cops in riot gear are never going to catch kids on bikes/foot who leg it when they charge at them.

Casp0r said:
Apparently the police are not even allowed to use batons ...

What ... the ... fuck ...

Just the fact you've communicated with Chavs ... makes you a chav, openly denying your not one makes it even more apparent.

Don't worry it's ok. Burn all your clothes, take out all your piercings, go back to school and learn to annunciate!

Its BS, they have been using them already

Chuckie

Chriswok said:
That you're not from England, and seemingly believe we're an island of Hooligans who riot every week.

You are talking to the wrong person. I have never said you are an island full of hooligans.
I merely said I was suprised you don't have watercannons considering about every other nation in the world including Holland has them.

Lakitu

st5fu
So, we won't call in the army. We won't use water cannons & tear gas and the police don't have a clue what to do. This is infuriating.

Tence said:
You are talking to the wrong person. I have never said you are an island full of hooligans.
I merely said I was suprised you don't have watercannons considering about every other nation in the world including Holland has them.

Ah, it was Goldrusher who said that. I see, now. Yeah, wrong person.

ruttyboy

Lakitu said:
So, we won't call in the army. We won't use water cannons & tear gas and the police don't have a clue what to do. This is infuriating.

I think it's time for a hard hitting poster campaign!

Lakitu said:

It's not an army situation.

Too early for tear gas, and I'm not sure about water cannons but I'm pretty sure it is an option which has been discussed.

Chopper

Odds on Cameron using the term "thick chav cunts", and denying all future benefits to those caught on CCTV over the last few days? Not high enough.

SmokyDave

ruttyboy said:
If you're going to do it, do it properly!

"The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign." - Arnold J Rimmer Esq.

ruttyboy

SmokyDave said:

"The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign." - Arnold J Rimmer Esq.

Hehehe, not disappointed

90% of stopping anything tonight has nothing to do with needing cannons/army. The Met has simply got to get their shit together and prevent groups forming in the type of areas where it's already happened. Rely on the public calling in groups, and form groups of 20+ officers to go around dispersing people.

Chopper

SmokyDave said:
lol

SteveWD40

SmokyDave said:

"Strap a Nuke to my head and I will NUT it to Oblivion" - Dave Lister Esq.

ruttyboy said:
watchfuleyes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom