• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

JEKKI

lol holy crab this is the greatest flyer ever!!!

1798959_10152330054437138_921037026_o-1024x1024.jpg

I wish I didnt have to travel out of state tomorrow...

otherwise I'd so go just for the flyer alone!!

my trip to LA has been shortened drastically due to this, a little bigger roadtrip-plan :D

evotrip_map.jpg

But i'll be there July 6.-9th. And again on July 17th. Will be on this thread nearer to that date to see if we can have a gaffer meet up at one of these arcades/barcades for a few beers :D

Saw some gaffers last year during GamesCom and in NYC later that summer too. Would love to keep the gaf-meetup streak going :D

Karram

So with colleges almost over, I'm wondering where can I meet meet college girls in summer ? I was told to avoid hollywood clubs and bars as women tend to be stuck up and with campuses being so dead in summer I don't know where to go. Help ?

PS. I'm not in movie business and I don't own a fancy car.

Today I saw a crosswalk with pedestrians, guys with surfboards, bicyclists, and roller bladers all crossing at the same time

Coming from Dallas, that shit cracked me up on some "only in LA" shit

rc213

Anyone care to post the name of the restaurant opened by a gaffer in the grand Central market I'm thinking of going on my day off Thursday.

Anyone care to post the name of the restaurant opened by a gaffer in the grand Central market I'm thinking of going on my day off Thursday.

Funny enough I was thinking of going there during lunch since I'm not to far. Let me know if you end up going. Mini meet up!

Zyzyxxz

Sticky Rice.

Funny enough I was thinking of going there during lunch since I'm not to far. Let me know if you end up going. Mini meet up!

Wait I'm no longer chef there. Decided to move a few stalls down to a new place called Eggslut also inside the Grand Central Market.

But do say hi if you guys come by, I'm there everyday except Monday and I'm usually the chubby Asian guy barking orders and wearing glasses.

Wait I'm no longer chef there. Decided to move a few stalls down to a new place called Eggslut also inside the Grand Central Market.

But do say hi if you guys come by, I'm there everyday except Monday and I'm usually the chubby Asian guy barking orders and wearing glasses.

Will go by on Tuesday.

I usually hate these things but some of these are pretty spot on. :lol

35 Things Only Real Angelenos Know About L.A.

5. We measure by traffic and parking...

11. We call it “unrequited hate.” We all love San Francisco. And we find it hilarious that everyone in San Francisco hates L.A. We get to enjoy both cities, while they’re stuck in the fog.

15. Secretly, a lot of us dream about getting married, having kids and moving to San Diego. But we would rather sell our future children on the black market than move to Orange County.

24. Although some drivers are frustrating, no one really yells or says anything, because in L.A. there’s no such thing as a bad driver. It’s understood that everyone is a bad driver. And thus, no one is. The whole city is just a cluster-fuck of people from different driving cultures, sprinkled liberally with young assholes in BMWs. Despite this recipe for fistfights at every red light, surprisingly, road rage is rare.

25. When cars are lined-up, waiting to turn left at a stoplight, as it changes from yellow to red, if two cars don’t make the left turn this is one of the few times drivers will honk. We follow two-to-a-red like it’s the law.

34. In-N-Out Burger.

Laekon

Number 25 brings up the biggest thing I hate about LA. How are there so few left turn lanes/lights? Oh you want to make a left from Vine onto to Hollywood? Well I hope you got a half hour cause the 6 cars in front of you are going to take all day. You have to run the red as the people coming the other way aren't going to stop no matter what and they'll jump the light.

Ape

Banned
But... I hate San Francisco. Maybe It's because I lived In SF before I lived in LA. I might be the exception.

FStop7

Banned
I usually hate these things but some of these are pretty spot on. :lol

35 Things Only Real Angelenos Know About L.A.

25. When cars are lined-up, waiting to turn left at a stoplight, as it changes from yellow to red, if two cars don’t make the left turn this is one of the few times drivers will honk. We follow two-to-a-red like it’s the law.

I learned this the hard way by my 2nd or 3rd day as a resident. I was the 2nd car and didn't turn. Not only did I get honked at by the car behind me, my passenger yelled at me, too.

But... I hate San Francisco. Maybe It's because I lived In SF before I lived in LA. I might be the exception.

You're not ..Socal Norcal hate goes both ways. I know and have come across plenty of Socal people that carry an animosity towards Norcal.

FStop7

Banned
I have an extra Blizzcon ticket if someone is looking to go. I had to buy a pair in order to get my order processed.

Would prefer to hook up a GAF member than deal with unknowns.

Just asking face value ($204), includes the goody bag and all that. Not looking for any profit.

JEKKI

Also Palmdale.
I grew up in Lancaster :(

but I was there for mother's day this past weekend,

there's this new KBBQ spot in Palmdale.

I swear... growing up there... I woulda NEVER imagined I would enter an establishment in the Antelope Valley that plays k-pop.

my mind was so blown like holy sh** times sure has changed.

still doesnt change the fact that the only places u see asians in AV are in restaurants or hospitals tho...

I finally, after two fucking years, tried the #19 at Langer's. Best sandwich I have had in my mouth since I had a real German Doner. The sauce Langer's uses is the best tasting Russian sauce ever.

PG2G

Maybe I have badtastis, but I didn't really like the cole slaw on it that much. Felt like they put way too much on

Had Langers for the first time last night, #44 with sauerkraut rather than cole slaw, plus the rye bread is grilled.

Conclusion, it beats out Katz in New York. Something I thought I could never say.

Edit:
klFkotx.jpg

Ape

Banned
I feel bad for you guys that tried to get to a beach on Monday before like 10am. Lots of people are starting to infest the beaches and ruining my runs/relax sessions.

The summer is here, I guess.

Speaking of food: tried The Counter and Burger Parlor.

Both were pretty good. Parmesan fries at the counter were really great though.

Zyzyxxz

Had Langers for the first time last night, #44 with sauerkraut rather than cole slaw, plus the rye bread is grilled.

Conclusion, it beats out Katz in New York. Something I thought I could never say.

Edit:
klFkotx.jpg

I had the opposite reaction when I had Katz for the first time, I thought Katz was easily better.

JEKKI

I feel bad for you guys that tried to get to a beach on Monday before like 10am. Lots of people are starting to infest the beaches and ruining my runs/relax sessions.
u mean Memorial Day?

that's why u go to beach every day that's not memorial day =P

I take days off from work jus to go to the beach lol.

also I live in OC, so the beaches here are real nice.

went to Redondo today... it was cold lol

Top Bottom