• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie Season 4 |OT| He's finally back, Mondays on FX [S5 premieres Apr 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Lebron noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I always figured that aging into obscurity would take him...like all sports greats.

I love that Louie's wife is white in the flashbacks. Todd Bearry's story was also pretty great. The whole Amia (Amnia? Whatever) thing hasn't been my favorite, but her interaction with Norton was top notch. Hopefully someone will translate her lines.

I think these were probably my favorite episodes of the Elevator arc so far. Particularly part five. I really love the line in the restaurant about how Louie is basically skipping everything but the beginning and end of the relationship. He's found a way to experience the two easiest parts of dating someone: the puppy love that comes at the beginning, and the loneliness that comes at the end. But even that'll be the easy, oh-why-has-fate-done-this-to-me kinda loneliness, devoid of all the residual guilt and blame that's the centerpiece of the Janet storyline.

Helmholtz

Was she implying the sex wasn't good, or that they shouldn't have done it?
I'm guessing it was intended to not be understandable (unless you translate Amia's lines maybe?), because I'm not sure either.
If I had to guess, she was probably expressing regrets about them having sex, since she has to leave soon.

Lebron noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I always figured that aging into obscurity would take him...like all sports greats.

I love that Louie's wife is white in the flashbacks. Todd Bearry's story was also pretty great. The whole Amia (Amnia? Whatever) thing hasn't been my favorite, but her interaction with Norton was top notch. Hopefully someone will translate her lines.

I... I don't believe that that's the same wife. I mean, I think the wife in the flashback is his first wife... and then, he went on to marry the black wife and have his 2 kids. Otherwise the timeline doesn't make sense.

I... I don't believe that that's the same wife. I mean, I think the wife in the flashback is his first wife... and then, he went on to marry the black wife and have his 2 kids. Otherwise the timeline doesn't make sense.

It's the same person. In the AV Club review they see it as Louis visualizing his wife changed and he stayed the same.

It's the same person. In the AV Club review they see it as Louis visualizing his wife changed and he stayed the same.

Huh. That's... huh.

So... they decide to get divorced. Then they have one last fuck, and then this one last fuck results in Lily?

And then a couple of years later they decide to fuck again and have Jane?

I am so confused on how this could work.

Helmholtz

Huh. That's... huh.

So... they decide to get divorced. Then they have one last fuck, and then this one last fuck results in Lily?

And then a couple of years later they decide to fuck again and have Jane?

I am so confused on how this could work.
I'm guessing that her getting pregnant convinced them to stay together for better or worse. And somewhere along the way she got pregnant again. Then they eventually divorced later on.

I'm guessing that her getting pregnant convinced them to stay together for better or worse. And somewhere along the way she got pregnant again. Then they eventually divorced later on.

That idea seems like it also kind of goes along with the conversation they were having in the comedy club about how Louie was basically skipping a bunch of phases in his relationship with Amia

soothe.

i knew the first time i saw amia (i guess that's how you spell it, right?) that there was something so incredibly familiar about her.

turns out she's the girl from jim jarmusch's 'stranger in paradise'. huh! always wondered what happened to her.

Rest in peace, Lebron. And the twelve million other people not Lebron.
It probably shouldn't have, but that line made me laugh so hard. Season 4 of "a series of short films from the mind of Louis CK" has been brilliant so far, as expected.

Am I crazy or has Season 3 not come out on DVD/Blu-Ray yet? Last I saw was this: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Louie-Season-3/19681 insinuating it would be an Amazon-only "print on demand" DVD release, but that never materialized from what I can tell.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
"We are mourning the sad loss of Lebron James, as well as the rest of the Miami Heat and twelve million other people"

That little bird must have been heart broken over Lebron's death.

This show is so good. It's like the most ordinary, everyday things, blunders, errors, awkwardness, little moments of happiness, that can be expected in everyone's lives. No other show captures this so well.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This really has been a great arc. There were some episodes last season I didn't really care for, but I've been loving this season. The therapist's office (especially the scream), the flashback, and the comedy club scenes (particularly Todd Barry's story) were awesome. Really loved how they depicted a younger Louie and Janet. It was nice to see them with a friendlier rapport, vestiges of which showed up in the present when she laughed at Louie's joke about killing Jane.

Salsa

Tod Barry being so fucking happy proud and smug about his average ass life was great. shut everyone up, happiness is subjective.

he also just has a very smug face by default so it double works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom