• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie Season 4 |OT| He's finally back, Mondays on FX [S5 premieres Apr 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmholtz

This show is so good. It's like the most ordinary, everyday things, blunders, errors, awkwardness, little moments of happiness, that can be expected in everyone's lives. No other show captures this so well.
Totally. I'm really glad this show exists. It's a very unique and refreshing experience. Louis CK is so damned versatile it kind of blows my mind. He's incredibly talented.

Mathezar

Louie's ex wife, Janet I think she's called, her character is really annoying... Is there any reason why she's written and/or portrayed like this? Really stands out from the rest of the characters...

Blackhead

Redarse
Louie's ex wife, Janet I think she's called, her character is really annoying... Is there any reason why she's written and/or portrayed like this? Really stands out from the rest of the characters...

9rBjOtG.png

Not as annoying as Skyler though, am I right or amirite?

/s

Effnine

What I love about this show is the attempt to keep things real ... For example, Amia's aunt had a dirt spot on her coat after sitting down on the floor ... you could see it as she was ascending the stairs ... it's the little stuff like that that really lets me know this show cares about itself and the audience ...

The Todd Barry stuff was probably my favorite of the season ... though to be honest, I kind of didn't like how it ended with everyone clapping, but I enjoyed the majority of the segment ...

The Todd Barry stuff was probably my favorite of the season ... though to be honest, I kind of didn't like how it ended with everyone clapping, but I enjoyed the majority of the segment ...
The crowd was slowly gathering as he told his riveting story. AIDS.

These stories are told from Louie's perspective, things that he thinks or daydreams about are shown in vivid detail (he didn't really open the window and scream out loud) and things aren't always what they seem (why is Janet white in Season 1/the flashbacks, but black in all other appearances?). A character like Janet, Louie's ex-wife, is going to appear to the viewer as a cold bitch.

This is Louie's interpretation of her and certain factors (her controlling nature, his resentment of her having her shit together) likely cause personality traits to be exaggerated.

Quick

Banned
On episode 7 right now.

I'm on the part where Louie and his ex-wife talk about Amia, and it's a bit distracting seeing people walk behind them looking at the camera. At least, I'm assuming they're looking at the camera.

Quick

Banned
AIDS

I wish we got a translation of what Amia was saying, but at the same time, it's perfectly ambiguous.

"No good" - right in the dick.

Arozay

Well the Todd Barry bit was entertaining.

That's too bad. I think Louie is at his prime right now. I think most people don't realize just how brilliant Louis CK is and just want the fart and cunt jokes.

Watching the show gives us a small, small window into his mind and I appreciate his comedy even more after watching the TV show.

The best parts of this season can be described as slightly humorous. It's more wasted potential than his prime. He's still funny but chose to make some awkward mini-drama that's shot well.

jonnyp

Well the Todd Barry bit was entertaining.

The best parts of this season can be described as slightly humorous. It's more wasted potential than his prime. He's still funny but chose to make some awkward mini-drama that's shot well.

Completely agree. For the most part it's not funny anymore and just plain tragic at times. Didn't like season 3 much compared to the first two and this season is even worse.

big ander

Great weird episodes that I wouldn't feel right judging until part 6 in a few days. Can't wait.

The hurricane broadcasts and the Todd Barry tangent were awesome.

Gawd... the whole "good-bye" thing and then the sex. That was sooo cringe worthy to watch as a female who's been in those shoes. I seriously didn't think the awkward date scene would be topped but holy crap that did for me. I was a whole bucket of just horrified and amazed at how well that was done.

I really wish Todd Barry was bigger. I'm not that old, but I've been aware of the guy for years. Even as a kid with shitty, corny humor. His low energy, deadpan always cracked me up.

BigAT

I really wish Todd Barry was bigger. I'm not that old, but I've been aware of the guy for years. Even as a kid with shitty, corny humor. His low energy, deadpan always cracked me up.

"Let's say Brad Pitt hasn't showered in a year and a half, then he runs the Boston marathon. After he comes across the finish line, he trips and falls into a giant pile of pig shit. Me, on the other hand, I've taken a shower; I've put some lovely deodorant on; I deep condition my hair, and then I walk through a carwash. Who do you select now?"

Doesn't work quite as well written out, really needs Todd's excellent delivery.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Gawd... the whole "good-bye" thing and then the sex. That was sooo cringe worthy to watch as a female who's been in those shoes. I seriously didn't think the awkward date scene would be topped but holy crap that did for me. I was a whole bucket of just horrified and amazed at how well that was done.

Could you expand on this?

That scene made me laugh nervously a bit too. Especially when Louie keeps going for the kiss on the lips and fails. Reminds of a couple cringe-worthy moments of my own.

Late and catching up. Behind on the season. On Elevators 3.
Just watched, "And the fat girl".

I want to smack Louie C.K.

Have you ever wanted to smack somebody for being such an artist? I know that it doesn't make sense. I want to smack him and give him a high five. This show is too excellent. This episode - and frankly, most episodes of this show - wow.

I rarely want to 'own' copies of TV shows, but this is one series....yeah.

bud

the ratings are going down with each consecutive episode. ;_;

weird. it's been such an incredible season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom