• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUYuAoH.png

woohoo, thanks ticket

tafer

So after the shitty 10+1 pull from yesterday I did another 10+1 pull (bye bye $30)... and to my surprise, it was just as bad as the previous!

But hey, now I have 3 pure SR... 2 of them different Nozomis, and the number of cool R Eris increased to 7 and smile R Eris to 5!

chrono01

So I'm thinking of purchasing 50 Loveca today to do a second 10+ 1 SR pull. I know my luck will be just as bad as yesterday, receiving only Rare along with the one guaranteed SR and, knowing my luck, it will be the SR I already received. Yet, here I am, pondering the possibilities.

Stop me, IdolGAF.

Hugstable

Banned
So I'm thinking of purchasing 50 Loveca today to do a second 10+ 1 SR pull. I know my luck will be just as bad as yesterday, receiving only Rare along with the one guaranteed SR and, knowing my luck, it will be the SR I already received. Yet, here I am, pondering the possibilities.

Stop me, IdolGAF.

Do it with Safs and I later tonight!

Stop me, IdolGAF.
I want to do it as well but I'm going to wait until the next set of cards are added.

Yeah, nice avatar Joule!

Stop me, IdolGAF.
I did that today and only got 1 more Pure SR. That's 4 Pure, 1 Smile and 0 Cool SR in total.
You just have to know that the same thing could happen to you too. :>

Hugstable

Banned
Mhh Nozomi is blessing everyone in this thread except for Mokoi and me.
Look above you... the next idolized SR Nozomi.

And Umi is really trying you know...

Even Kotori is shocked! :O

LOL that was perfect

Edit: See you guys in like an hour, Gaf is probably gonna go down again -_-

ARG! Did a 10+1 pull and got a Hanayo and Nozomi pure SR. I NEED A SMILE SR GODDAMIT. My pure team is stacked, but that doesn't matter for shit now that the event is over.

Brother! We are in the same situation! 3 Pure SRs, 1 Cool SR and nothing Smile.

My exact situation, except I also have the Hanayo UR. I need a Smile SR because I'm just a few points away from S ranking some songs.

edit - Oh shit, apparently when I paid for my 50 gems I used my debit card instead of the $25 on my Google Play account from my Bing rewards points.

edit - Yea! A Honoka Smile SR!

Hugstable

Banned
Much despair going on while I was asleep.
iZwedrWDcegbn.gif

There was actually some good pulls yesterday considering now it's guaranteed SR on the 10+1 pull. How Aytrial already got the new Umi UR still baffles me. Was like 2 or 3 hours after they released.

I've got 50 ca but I'm going to go sleep first and wake up and draw 'em. I'm tireddddddddd

Do it at the same time with Safs and me, We gonna pool all our luck together for the best pulls haha.

tenton

So I'm better off not idolising my cool rares for the moment in order to pad out my team right?

If you want to do the smart thing, yeah.

I'm not known for doing the smart thing, though. Hence why I idolized my Event SR Kotori and the SR Nozomis I just drew. But they're Pure, so I'll be fine for a while. :p

flammie

Hey guys, usually just lurking, but if I'm trying to only level my idols and increase gold, while minimizing rank ups, should I only play easy songs? It seems like you mainly get lower level cards on the easy songs, but higher level cards cost more to practice with anyway...

chrono01

Yeah, nice avatar Joule!

I did that today and only got 1 more Pure SR. That's 4 Pure, 1 Smile and 0 Cool SR in total.
You just have to know that the same thing could happen to you too. :>
Not only do I acknowledge the possibility, I expect it, given my luck with these kinds of things. :/

Hachitora

Hey guys, usually just lurking, but if I'm trying to only level my idols and increase gold, while minimizing rank ups, should I only play easy songs? It seems like you mainly get lower level cards on the easy songs, but higher level cards cost more to practice with anyway...
I usually play the lower difficulty songs for that. You only get about 1,000 less gold and the same amount of cards given as rewards, so I think it's better to grind the easy songs for gold and levels

Azusa

If you just want to farm 2nd rate idols its better to do easy songs, but its boring. I think its better to get S ranks on hard songs and do the scouting.

flammie

I usually play the lower difficulty songs for that. You only get about 1,000 less gold and the same amount of cards given as rewards, so I think it's better to grind the easy songs for gold and levels
I always get 3000 gold if I A or S rank the song regardless of difficulty, and you get 3 cards if you get a high combo. I'm not sure if the higher idol exp from each card is worth the trade off of more runs in general.
From what I can tell lower runs = more cards and gold, but higher practice cost overall since you have more cards to feed, while higher runs = fewer cards and less gold, but lower practice cost since the cards are higher level (they cost more to feed, but the exp/gold feed ratio seems better).

If you just want to farm 2nd rate idols its better to do easy songs, but its boring. I think its better to get S ranks on hard songs and do the scouting.
I have enough R cards from the 10+1 guaranted SR Honor Scouting, just want to level them up now without running out of money. And I want to slow down the pace of ranking now so I can rank up more easily during events.

And I want to slow down the pace of ranking now so I can rank up more easily during events.
This kinda bother me. Is it really harder to gain event points when you have a high rank?
With more playing experience, you can play songs on harder difficulty levels so it may make up for it but I wonder by how much...

flammie

This kinda bother me. Is it really harder to gain event points when you have a high rank?
With more playing experience, you can play songs on harder difficulty levels so it may make up for it but I wonder by how much...

Well, the last event, I could level up every day, which was basically 45ish free lp, meaning 3 more hard songs and 48 more macaroons every day. I would assume that at higher ranks, it is bascially impossible to level every day due to higher exp needed, and you only get 1 extra lp every 10 ranks so there doesn't seem to be any advantage to have a higher rank except for the few extra lp when you wake up in the morning.

tenton

If you use gems, it becomes a push; more levels = more LP = gems giving you more value per use. Also if you have enough LP, you can sleep through the night without wasting the regen time.

If you do not use gems, then it become a detriment, as the XPs to gain the next level goes up every time. Your regeneration rate is fixed (1 LP per 6 min) outside of ranking up. So the more rank ups you can do during the event, the better.

If you use gems, it becomes a push; more levels = more LP = gems giving you more value per use. Also if you have enough LP, you can sleep through the night without wasting the regen time.

If you do not use gems, then it become a detriment, as the XPs to gain the next level goes up every time. Your regeneration rate is fixed (1 LP per 6 min) outside of ranking up. So the more rank ups you can do during the event, the better.

Fortunately with the event over I don't feel bad about not waking up at 4 in the morning to use up my LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom