• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Everyone knows that Kaga is the best.
I only read KanColle hentai doujinshis
Yuubari is the one for me!

In both versions, this is my best card. I don't even know what her ability is, but her scores are basically top tier for each colour. lol

Get Rekt Firebro!

2014-05-18%2023.19.36.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Spending cash already?! lol

That’s one way to do it and I’m not far away from it. Are there other means to get more Love Gems other than from the daily login? Unlocked most of the normal side-stories, nothing from the u’s yet.
They seem to be giving away 3 gems per day, which is nice. But otherwise, you gotta just wait for the daily or play a song 100 times. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
event is up in jp now and you gotta collect the little strap Honoka has on her bag for the event song

Event song is easy too, I didn't full combo it but probably can on Hard but the song for the kayo-chin event, I couldn't even clear on Normal. Can't wait to get my reward card @__@

How many do you need to collect to be able to play it? 500?

I get this error on one of the songs you need to play to get the straps:

And boy, these songs don't fuck around. Normal feels like Hard on all the songs that the US version opens with.

Chariot

I feel weird sacrificing idols to power up other idols. The language of this game is kind of weird re: its mechanics. I'd feel better if I was a wizard or something, lol.
This game is social commentary. If plays in a dystopian future where the muse various idols are cloned and massproduced for entertainment. Through the process the don't need training anymore, only human flesh. And they have to eat to become the best or they get eaten themselves.

The future
lol

That wink

tU4Y06q.jpg
Awww, I hope we get events here soon, looks nice.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

And boy, these songs don't fuck around. Normal feels like Hard on all the songs that the US version opens with.

That pic says that don't have the mascot items needed. You need 45 mascot items to play it on hard. You get mascot items from playing any of the other songs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That pic says that don't have the mascot items needed. You need 45 mascot items to play it on hard. You get mascot items from playing any of the other songs.
Ahhh, is that the challenge song itself then?

For some reason I thought you played it in from the challenge menu.

Can you get different coloured versions of the same member? ie, say blue, red and green versions of Coco (my favourite)? I'm pretty sure I've only had one colour for each member so far but I haven't played it that much yet. It's all very confusing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can you get different coloured versions of the same member? ie, say blue, red and green versions of Coco (my favourite)? I'm pretty sure I've only had one colour for each member so far but I haven't played it that much yet. It's all very confusing.
Yeah, you can. There are a lot of Rares. lol

Yeah, that's the challenge song. I thought the same thing at first lol
So does it consume those tags instead of LP? You need to grind just to grind!

m0t0k1

Also like to add that the amount of mascot items you get depends on the lp of your song so if you play an easy song with 5 lp there will be 5 mascots popping up in the song if you play a song with 10lp there will be 10 etc. The only exceptions in this rule are the songs with 15lp and 25lp in these songs 16 and 26 mascots will appear. So i recommend playing songs with that kind of lp. Also you will only get the mascot if you hit the note in perfect, great or good. believe bad does not count.

To explain further for every mascot you will get a point towards the reward. The major points come from using those mascots in the event song. This is where you will score the most points kinda forgot how many you will get but the harder the level the more points you get. Also kincaido already explained where the amount of mascots needed is So under the difficutly there is a green bar with text and a number so in this case 45 you will need that amount to play the song.

Lastly you need 12.000 points to get the SR honoka card. So if you score 1200 points a day you should make it just in time in 10 days to get your SR card. Also there will be leaderbords to see where you rank. press the middlebutton on the event page to see the ranking. and press the pink right up button to change the searching filter. The second one withouth numbers is the one where you can see where you are ranking at. Ranking also gives awards based on this from the wiki:

Event Rank Reward
1st - 5000th SR Honoka x2

R Sasahara Kyouko
5001st - 25000th SR Honoka x1

R Sasahara Kyouko
25001st - 60000th R Sasahara Kyouko

1 Ticket
60001st - 125000th 1 Ticket
125001st - 225000th 3 Loveca Stones
225001st - 350000th 2 Loveca Stones
350001st - 500000th 1 Loveca Stone

firehawk12 said:
So does it consume those tags instead of LP? You need to grind just to grind!

edit: yes it consumes those tags instead of lp

Yui

@jp version: The new Honoka SR really is super cute but my smile team kinda sucks in this version. The event song ranking will be tough this time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lastly you need 12.000 points to get the SR honoka card. So if you score 1200 points a day you should make it just in time in 10 days to get your SR card. Also there will be leaderbords to see where you rank. press the middlebutton on the event page to see the ranking. and press the pink right up button to change the searching filter. The second one withouth numbers is the one where you can see where you are ranking at. Ranking also gives awards based on this from the wiki:

edit: yes it consumes those tags instead of lp

Wait, what are points based off of? Your score in the challenge song? I don't know whether or not 1200 a day is reasonable or unreasonable... lol

Jintor

Wish there was a practice mode for segments or something. Trying to play by ear and figure out what the beat is mapped to is kinda crappy when I'm using up stamina every time :<

m0t0k1

Wait, what are points based off of? Your score in the challenge song? I don't know whether or not 1200 a day is reasonable or unreasonable... lol

Points are based on the mascots you collect so 1 mascot is 1 point and the event song you play but i believe if you can B rank the song on hard in last even you could get like 350 points or something so with about 45 lp you will get 400 points so i need 3 sessions a day of playing 3 hard songs to get to the daily score of 1200 :p. So grind grind grind lol that is why i like the scoring events better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wish there was a practice mode for segments or something. Trying to play by ear and figure out what the beat is mapped to is kinda crappy when I'm using up stamina every time :<
Yeah, it's the part of the game that I dislike.

Points are based on the mascots you collect so 1 mascot is 1 point and the event song you play but i believe if you can B rank the song on hard in last even you could get like 350 points or something so with about 45 lp you will get 400 points so i need 3 sessions a day to get to the daily score of 1200 :p. So grind grind grind lol that is why i like the scoring events better.
I love how unapologetic it is. lol
It's probably easier if you have a good team and lots of LP, which encourages people to spend more money. Damn!

MSMrRound

Whoo! Finally managed to get a Full Combo for Bokura No Live Hard! Let's just say it's a start for a rhythm game newb like myself...

and the 10 friend point draws I did with the 1000 points I earned gave me a Smile Nozomi as well? Not bad...not bad at all.

m0t0k1

I would probably use up some of my loveca if this was for an Eli SR

I am expecting an Eli event soon after this. The last time there was a jpn eli event was in november. Because with honoka we have had 8 of the 9 muse girls. except for eli. But expect a lot of using stones and playing because i did my schedule to just unlock the sr card and i got in at 190.000 so if you want the second SR eli to evolve the card you need at least double of what i did.

Yui

To get a second event SR you probably have to spend at least like 60 Loveca stones. Especially if it is a popular member.

m0t0k1

Whoo! Finally managed to get a Full Combo for Bokura No Live Hard! Let's just say it's a start for a rhythm game newb like myself...

and the 10 friend point draws I did with the 1000 points I earned gave me a Smile Nozomi as well? Not bad...not bad at all.

Congratz on your full combo. Practise makes perfect :) I am no rhythm game expert but i like to play them, so i had some real troubles with the hard songs. Now i can manage them maybe not full combo but enough to get some good ranks. First expert not in the english version was a bridge to far, but now i can do the most easy expert song :D

Kincaido

I am expecting an Eli event soon after this. The last time there was a jpn eli event was in november. Because with honoka we have had 8 of the 9 muse girls. except for eli. But expect a lot of using stones and playing because i did my schedule to just unlock the sr card and i got in at 190.000 so if you want the second SR eli to evolve the card you need at least double of what i did.

Sounds hard. A lowly Rank 25 will probably not be able to do it (._. )

Time to buy a lot of loveca and grind all day

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The worst part about spending all that money is that when Love Live's popularity wanes and they shut down the game, all of that is basically lost forever. Although I suppose for the true nerd, they're already onto the next big thing.

(K-On S3, because why not).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm going to go to akiba this weekend and pickpocket every love live fan I see. You have 900,000JPY to spend on love gems you have some to spend on ponpo.

Kincaido

I'm going to go to akiba this weekend and pickpocket every love live fan I see. You have 900,000JPY to spend on love gems you have some to spend on ponpo.

Give me any itunes cards you pickpocket plz

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Give me any itunes cards you pickpocket plz

The itunes bill photos are hard enough to believe but those card pictures above are even worse. Probably just someone at conbini posting a stack of inventory...or something. Refuse to believe someone spent like over ¥1,100,000 on this ._.

Going to pickpocket ponpo on Monday.

N..no don't.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Time is money. I've given my time to this game therefore I've already spent money on it.

It's just I used invisible money which is useless to the publishers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fucking hell. The challenge songs on hard are impossible. It really feels like there's a chunk of the learning curve missing somewhere. lol

m0t0k1

Fucking hell. The challenge songs on hard are impossible. It really feels like there's a chunk of the learning curve missing somewhere. lol

I did the event song on hard. Now i found out how much points you get for completing the song. It is 200 points for ranking B just 1 note shy of A. So man i even need to play more to get the 1200 points a day.

yeah, hold notes systems in rhythm games where combos break if you don't release at the right timing fuuucks me up.

tap and let go with 2 separate hands at the same time?

nope nope nope.

m0t0k1

the day when nerds in japan discover the hell of credit cards.

yeah, hold notes systems in rhythm games where combos break if you don't release at the right timing fuuucks me up.

tap and let go with 2 separate hands at the same time?

nope nope nope.

I live in a country where most of the people don't do credit cards so thank god for that. I heard that you need a credit score in the usa dependend on the usage of your credit card to get a mortgage to buy a house that is fucking CRAZY!!!

Yeah those rhythm based taps mess me up bad. I get them right after practicing a lot listening to the beats of the beatmap helps a bit.

MSMrRound

Urgh...I hate it when the game goes all screwy/laggy on me and refuses to acknowledge my touches.

Does it happen sometime for you guys as well?

I just scrapped past Natsuiro Egao de 1,2, Jump! hard with only one stamina left. My heart's pumping out of my chest right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom