• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

j1VmvyArUaNoz.png

Poor you :(

sFoAB8Z.gif

Finally a full combo on Natsuiro Egao.

When I don't miss at the beginning I miss at the end of the songs.

Edit: Now I got a full combo on Baby Maybe Koi no Button. lol

Never played weiss schwarz is it any good? Are cards just as expensive as buying itunes cards for this game?
It's good enough. To have each set be a different anime and have anime vs anime or waifu vs waifu battles. English has SAO, Madoka, Fate/Stay, Bakemono, Love Live, and later Kill La Kill and Angel Beats. Luck factor is high enough that a trial deck can beat a $500 deck if lucky enough.

Cost wise, people suggest 2 trial decks and two boxes to have a good pool to make a deck or two from the series, which is about $200~ including other costs. (Booster Box $70-80, Trial Deck $14-20, +Sleeves, Storage Boxes, and Playmat)

SAO had their own 'SAO deck only" event, so I bought commons/uncommons to make an ok deck. Cost $10~ total.

tenton

I did the event song on hard. Now i found out how much points you get for completing the song. It is 200 points for ranking B just 1 note shy of A. So man i even need to play more to get the 1200 points a day.

I forgot my calculations because it's been so long, but if you can't S rank the hard song, you should play normal, as it's worth more event tokens/event points to do so. Also, I believe your combo rank plays a role in how many points you earn.

Edit: Right, the wiki has it listed: http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

I'm finding it really difficult holding onto my love gems (that sounds really wrong). I've only got 20 and I know I should hold off until I have 50 but I want my rares naow!

you people are weird, stop treating idols as waifus. they are just tools, tools for min maxing score.

*pushes more no name girls into the meatgrinder funneling into Emi*

does this game ever get like daily special dungeons of sorts like in other P&Z style games?

Gold is always in short supply :(

tenton

you people are weird, stop treating idols as waifus. they are just tools, tools for min maxing score.

does this game ever get like daily special dungeons of sorts like in other P&Z style games?

Eventually gold will not be in short supply. I have so much gold in the JP version I wish I could give some away.

well if you play on easy, you'll get 3 times as many girls as if you play hard. Oh, and if you're really desperate you can sell a girl's body for $1000. But then she isn't pure anymore and no longer able to be an idol and stops showing up on your member list.

Vecks

I'm finding it really difficult holding onto my love gems (that sounds really wrong). I've only got 20 and I know I should hold off until I have 50 but I want my rares naow!

Yes, I know that feeling. But the deeper feeling of regret for using them early on is keeping me from making the same mistake.

well if you play on easy, you'll get 3 times as many girls as if you play hard. Oh, and if you're really desperate you can sell a girl's body for $1000.

do you? How does that work, or you always get 3 girls but easy cost less?

How does bond work? Sometimes i get more or less on the same song/difficulty.

Where is that link for the best cost/exp songs?

Yes, I'm just saying you can do a 5lp song three times and get 9 lvl 1 girls, or play a hard song once and get 2-3 1-7 level girls.

LP for EXP, hard mode is best. There's a wiki somewhere. 15LP songs give the most LP/EXP ratio. (well 25LP expert songs give the most lp/exp ratio, but they don't exist here)

No idea how bond works. I think I get less if I do crapppy. I don't know how the game determines that though.

tenton

Easy costs less LP to play, but you can still get 3 girls. So more girls per LP.

How much bond, IIRC is mostly based on your combo length (and level of difficulty). I don't remember if rank had anything to do with it.

m0t0k1

That BiBi box. I don't have 50 loveca on jp yet :(
poverty164612.gif

i am only joking dont pay if you dont want i dont pay also
It's good enough. To have each set be a different anime and have anime vs anime or waifu vs waifu battles. English has SAO, Madoka, Fate/Stay, Bakemono, Love Live, and later Kill La Kill and Angel Beats. Luck factor is high enough that a trial deck can beat a $500 deck if lucky enough.

Cost wise, people suggest 2 trial decks and two boxes to have a good pool to make a deck or two from the series, which is about $200~ including other costs. (Booster Box $70-80, Trial Deck $14-20, +Sleeves, Storage Boxes, and Playmat)

SAO had their own 'SAO deck only" event, so I bought commons/uncommons to make an ok deck. Cost $10~ total.
140512005824_convert_20140512224239.gif

Jeez that is an trading card game alright really expensive to get a nice deck going. i did play yu gi oh you could buy those decks + some cards and you got a pretty nice deck but i would get on weiss if there was an english idolmaster deck just for collection purposes.

I forgot my calculations because it's been so long, but if you can't S rank the hard song, you should play normal, as it's worth more event tokens/event points to do so. Also, I believe your combo rank plays a role in how many points you earn.

Edit: Right, the wiki has it listed: http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

Yeah you are completly right thanks for the tip i just tried a normal routine and i can do S-rank with s or a combo so ill get 4,6 or 4,67 depending on the score on hard i can do B rank with b or c combo so 4,44 or 4,36 guess i will stick to normal. I see also expert scores but i dont see expert level using those mascots?

tenton

Yeah you are completly right thanks for the tip i just tried a normal routine and i can do S-rank with s or a combo so ill get 4,6 or 4,67 depending on the score on hard i can do B rank with b or c combo so 4,44 or 4,36 guess i will stick to normal. I see also expert scores but i dont see expert level using those mascots?

EX and the 4x versions of each song (4x the tokens, 4x the event points, but the same gold and XPs) come out about halfway through the event. These days there are two EX songs; a regular EX version and then a mostly randomized EX version (most of the note patterns come randomly; there are a few set spots).

m0t0k1

EX and the 4x versions of each song (4x the tokens, 4x the event points, but the same gold and XPs) come out about halfway through the event. These days there are two EX songs; a regular EX version and then a mostly randomized EX version (most of the note patterns come randomly; there are a few set spots).

Lol that sounds crazy even harder songs and random notes. I always wondered what those other same songs where i never downloaded them during events thanks for explaining.

Jeez that is an trading card game alright really expensive to get a nice deck going. i did play yu gi oh you could buy those decks + some cards and you got a pretty nice deck but i would get on weiss if there was an english idolmaster deck just for collection purposes.
Sometimes you can do ok buying 2 trial decks of a set to max out the good cards from the trial deck. Love Live only has Trial Decks out, and my 2xTD beat someone's Madoka deck full of the rarest of rare cards. IdolM@ster has 4sets in WeibSchwarz already, but in JP. IM@S Anime, IM@S, IM@S 2, IM@S Dearly Stars.

m0t0k1

Sometimes you can do ok buying 2 trial decks of a set to max out the good cards from the trial deck. Love Live only has Trial Decks out, and my 2xTD beat someone's Madoka deck full of the rarest of rare cards. IdolM@ster has several sets in WeibSchwarz already, but in JP.

Lol i will check out if they sell that deck near my closest card shop. They sell a lot of cardgames even foreign ones, but they have a little corner where they play card games for show and for fun but only see them playing magic or yu gi oh and sometimes pokemon never weiss schwarz.

Also thanks yui i only need to find out which one is which when they release those songs :p

tenton

Lol that sounds crazy even harder songs and random notes. I always wondered what those other same songs where i never downloaded them during events thanks for explaining.

They're extremely useful for that push on the last few days to try to get into the top <whatever ranking you're trying to get to>. The 4x Hard and the EX songs are usually where I spend those last few hours of any event, trying to use up all the tokens I have spent the weeks collecting in as short a time as possible.

BTW, the 4x songs and the EX songs do not count towards the song ranking for the event, only the 1x songs up through Hard count for the event song high scoring.

m0t0k1

I need more of those darn mascots! Feels bad missing a mascot note

Are you guys just going to wait for the 4X version of the song or just playing as you can?

I am just aiming for 1200 points a day and get one SR and not joining the ranking system because there are people who have way more time and money to play this game. currently at 1000 and doing one last session before i head to bed so i will reach my 1200 today.

edit: okay thanks tenton so if i fall behind a bit because of the nice weather this week i can catch up next with thos 4x points i will keep that in mind :)

tenton

I need more of those darn mascots! Feels bad missing a mascot note

Are you guys just going to wait for the 4X version of the song or just playing as you can?

I try to make sure I S-rank/S-combo each of the 1x versions at least once. Then spend a little time trying to get the best score I can on 1x Hard. But for the most part, focus my time on collecting event tokens as much as I can, unless I need to play an event song for maximum leveling up efficiency.

I try to at least S-combo/S-rank all the 4x songs once they come out. EX, depends on the song; I'll at least get the S-Rank on them, but S-Combo depends on how hard that is. :p

tenton

Yeah, if you want to rank highly, I don't see any point unless you're aiming for a 2nd (or 3rd) event card. And if you are...get ready to spend your loveca stones. 20+ at least.

Chariot

Mhmhm, I generally like the unidolized versions better, especialy with some of the N-Girls, why can't I keep them? :<

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
BiBi one gives you only Eli, Maki, and Nico. Higher chance of SR Eli makes it automatically better imo. No bias here

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I can't tell where you stand on this game anymore. lol

I've been complimenting this game for like a year on IRC! I don't think it's that good but better than most iOS things. I can play real otoge in arcades anyway. This is better than the smartphone versions of those.

Chariot

I've been complimenting this game for like a year on IRC! I don't think it's that good but better than most iOS things. I can play real otoge in arcades anyway. This is better than the smartphone versions of those.
Is there an AnimeGAF irc? I'm only hanging out with PonyGAF so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, fair enough. lol

Why did you abandon IRC anyway?!

BiBi one gives you only Eli, Maki, and Nico. Higher chance of SR Eli makes it automatically better imo. No bias here
Ahhh, neat. Are you guaranteed a SR in this pull if you do 11?

Is there an AnimeGAF irc? I'm only hanging out with PonyGAF so far.
Come join us! lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just watched the first episode and orange girl is too annoyingly-happy.
Don't know if this is a good idea...

MSMrRound

Aww, I think they stopped the daily 3 love gem distribution thing. Only received 100 friend points as daily login bonus.

First event is Kotori's Sweets.

BoHib85IgAA-Ok6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom