• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

ooh 3 R's in 10 friend recruit. not shabby.

BoBCdLoIEAEJENF.png:large

whats the LP recharge rate in this game?

1lp every 6 minutes so 10 in an hour :)

froliq

I'm wondering, where do you find out how many different cards there are currently in the game?

There's a list when you tap one of the images in the scout tab. Shows what's available in the loveca pull. It says 27R's, 9SR's and 2UR's. Add in the 27 normals that you've probably gotten so far and that should be 65.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's a list when you tap one of the images in the scout tab. Shows what's available in the loveca pull. It says 27R's, 9SR's and 2UR's. Add in the 27 normals that you've probably gotten so far and that should be 65.
I see they list the rates for all the Rares and above, but there's no numbers for the Normals... Unless there's something that shows the total number of cards in the game?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When you idolize a rare, do they have to be of the same colour?

Like if you get a red Umi and a blue Umi, can you use one to idolize the other?

so idols aren't the same type? i've seen cool makis.

anyone want to start a google doc so we can all be idol butt buddies?

if anyone wanna dd me 928785609

so idols aren't the same type? i've seen cool makis.
27 Normals, 9 of each color
27 rares, the 9 of muse each in the 3 colors.
I have no idea how SR/UR are distributed

Side Note: Other Tab, Album shows who you have so far. First 27 are the 27 normals. 28-54 are the rares. everything else is the SR/UR.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If's quite easy once you get a hang of it. Concentrate on the one you have to tap and when you tap that note just lift your other finger.

StayDead

Not related to the game, but I'm moving soon and they come out in my birthday month so I put my order down on these on amiami.

v0aukz1.jpg
XUVJOyz.jpg
P2b7eCJ.jpg

Have never really had many wall scrolls, just two (which I believe are) fake ones from a con. Had to pick me up the three best girls. If I had some more money I'd get Umi too to round out the perfect love live quartet.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Not related to the game, but I'm moving soon and they come out in my birthday month so I put my order down on these on amiami.

http://i.imgur.com/v0aukz1.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XUVJOyz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/P2b7eCJ.jpg

Have never really had many wall scrolls, just two (which I believe are) fake ones from a con. Had to pick me up the three best girls. If I had some more money I'd get Umi too to round out the perfect love live quartet.

I ordered the Eli one and this re release one

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Wow this game is complex, still trying to figure everything out. Is there a guide or something somewhere? What was the initial download after the tutorial. Took like 10 minutes..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow this game is complex, still trying to figure everything out. Is there a guide or something somewhere? What was the initial download after the tutorial. Took like 10 minutes..

Japanese games are terrible like that. The initial download is small, but the actual game is like 300 megs.

Tips I wish I knew:
Only "Idolize" an idol once.

Try to time your play with your LP and experience before levelling to get the most number of plays a day.

If you have 25 Normal cards, don't use the Scout option any more until they update the game.

Yui

If you have 25 Normal cards, don't use the Scout option any more until they update the game.

They add like 2 new normal cards per month to the regular recruitment (in the jp version). So once they added a new one you gonna blow all your points until you get the new one (which is not guaranteed)? Or do you intend to not spend FP for like 4-5 months? Cause unless it is the second option there is basically no point in hoarding FP this early. Especially since you miss a lot of early chances on Rares through the regular recruitment. And you have to keep in mind, every new song you get means like 4000+ FP. You won't run out of easy FP for a long time.

Oh and I almost forgot you also get a new N card for every event by playing the event. So yeah there is really no reason to stop spending FP at this point unless you already got all the idolized Rares.

This is of course just my opinion but I had to say something.

Wow this game is complex, still trying to figure everything out. Is there a guide or something somewhere?
Linked in the start post. http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay
You can learn almost anything about the game on this site. Except for the rhythm and finger part of course. :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They add like 2 new normal cards per month to the regular recruitment (in the jp version). So once they added a new one you gonna blow all your points until you get the new one (which is not guaranteed)? Or do you intend to not spend FP for like 4-5 months? Cause unless it is the second option there is basically no point in hoarding FP this early. Especially since you miss a lot of early chances on Rares through the regular recruitment. And you have to keep in mind, every new song you get means like 4000+ FP. You won't run out of easy FP for a long time.

Oh and I almost forgot you also get a new N card for every event by playing the event. So yeah there is really no reason to stop spending FP at this point unless you already got all the idolized Rares.

This is of course just my opinion but I had to say something.

Linked in the start post. http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay
You can learn almost anything about the game on this site. Except for the rhythm and finger part of course. :D

Maybe it's just me, but I did 5x1000 point draws and got maybe 2 rares and no new Normals. I still have two Normals that I can't idolize because of just bad luck.

I don't know about events, but the way to earn Friend points seem to be mostly limited to either S-ranking Hard songs, playing songs over and over again (which I guess you need to do to level anyway), and playing a song with Friends. Oh, and daily bonuses of course.

I'm not sure. I have about 10k friend points, but no easy way to earn them now that all the songs are out. The idea of blowing them all and getting 100 Nun cards is making me hesitate. lol

fek

v0aukz1.jpg
XUVJOyz.jpg
P2b7eCJ.jpg

Very nice and good price, I think I'll get these 3 too, maybe Kotori as well.

Yui

...I'm not sure. I have about 10k friend points, but no easy way to earn them now that all the songs are out. The idea of blowing them all and getting 10 nun cards is making me hesitate. lol

Of course you got no easy way now since you probably used up your current resources but they will add more songs with the new cards. And you just have to play all the songs over and over again, that is just how this game works. It's not like we will get a new song every week so grinding is key I guess. ^^

The idea of blowing them all and getting 100 nun cards is making me hesitate. lol

Yeah that sucks but nothing changes if they add a new card. You can still get the 100 nun cards. ^^
Sure if you dont care for rares through the regular draw keep your FP. I just assumed every not full on pay player would crave for those "free rares".
Like I said, just my opinion. I wanted to say something since you basically gave advice to another new player.

Chariot

The JP version has like twice the number of Normals. And since only the first like, 9 or so actually drop from completing songs, you're going to run out of ways to get the new ones whenever they updated. lol
Oh shit, you're right. I better hoard them friendpoints now.

Also it is the middle of the night, like nearly 5am and i woke up randomly. Tried to play a hard song. Wasnt my best idea.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah that sucks but nothing changes if they add a new card. You can still get the 100 nun cards. ^^
Sure if you dont care for rares through the regular draw keep your FP. I just assumed every not full on pay player would crave for those "free rares".
Like I said, just my opinion. I wanted to say something since you basically gave advice to another new player.
That's fair. Honestly, I don't know what the balance is, but with a larger pool of Normals, theoretically you could at least get better Normals to improve your score naturally. My all blue team is full of Normals (5 of the same kind) because there just aren't enough good cards to use from draws.

Oh shit, you're right. I better hoard them friendpoints now.

Also it is the middle of the night, like nearly 5am and i woke up randomly. Tried to play a hard song. Wasnt my best idea.
lol, I guess it's a matter of preference in terms of when to use the points.

Maybe I'll just blow half of them now.

Is there a fast way to count how many unique members you have?
Yeah, the Album view/records will tell you.

Rank 17
4 Rares (Eli, Kotori, Rin, Nico)
26 Normals, all but 1 idolized.
2 side stories from the normals.

I think I now have a hang of the game, getting a few full combo's on Normal and gotten it once on Hard.

Is there a fast way to count how many unique members you have?

One thing I did was favorite one of every unique member I run into (And eventually idolize) so they have some sort of marker on the icon to identify them on the list.

Jintor

lololol

gotta horde those friend points. no good mines in this game.

I feel weird sacrificing idols to power up other idols. The language of this game is kind of weird re: its mechanics. I'd feel better if I was a wizard or something, lol.

Is the first season OP/ED in here?

Ken

urghghgh

i need to hurry up with the anime to see them in those outfits

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My best card in english version is SR Rin and jp is UR Hanayo

My two least favorites :<

JoeFu

Banned
When are more songs coming out!!?!?! I want to play more, but I've full combo'd everything except Wonderful Rush where I got a good on the 8th to last note.... Pretty sure I'm going to get it within the next two turns.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When are more songs coming out!!?!?! I want to play more, but I've full combo'd everything except Wonderful Rush where I got a good on the 8th to last note.... Pretty sure I'm going to get it within the next two turns.
No idea, but the next unlock is level 33, so you might as well griiiind.

holysan

That’s one way to do it and I’m not far away from it. Are there other means to get more Love Gems other than from the daily login? Unlocked most of the normal side-stories, nothing from the u’s yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom