• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
i dont understand how you make progress in this game (without paying i guess)
the only way to get the mu's cards is to use love gems to trade for scout honor student

i need to idolize my mu's cards to get their side stories, so i can get gems, but i'm waiting to hit the 50 gems so i can get an extra scout
:|
You basically can't without paying. You'll eventually get enough loveca to do more pulls, but that's about all you can do to improve your team's stats.

Damn congrats on that UR! Did you ever end up getting any of the SR Nozomi?
I thought he did earlier.

Hugstable

Banned
the only way to get the mu's cards is to use love gems to trade for scout honor student

i need to idolize my mu's cards to get their side stories, so i can get gems, but i'm waiting to hit the 50 gems so i can get an extra scout

Doing that free 50 Scout will definitely help you probably idolize a few of your Rare cards, and the SR you will get from the 10+1 scout will usually help your team out pretty well in terms of score. I tend not to worry about the scores so much as I play for getting FC on the songs on hard.

Anony

has anyone calculated if you get more xp doing a bunch of easy/normal games vs hard games?

that free scout that everyone got, if i remember correctly, i got 2 mu's, the rest might be randoms, none idolized (started with maki, got a honaka and nozomi)

You'd also get gems from maxing idolized Normal, non-Muse cards. And you could also get Rare Muse cards from regular scouting.

You basically can't without paying. You'll eventually get enough loveca to do more pulls, but that's about all you can do to improve your team's stats.
I've done decently so far without paying. The first 100 gems are relatively easy to get, after all. The rest would be a slog, but you still can progress slowly without spending a dime.

You'd also get gems from maxing idolized Normal, non-Muse cards. And you could also get Rare Muse cards from regular scouting.

I've done decently so far without paying. The first 100 gems are relatively easy to get, after all. The rest would be a slog, but you still can progress slowly without spending a dime.

I've been doing an okay job keeping up with everyone on idol gaf and haven't spent any money yet.
Although peer pressure may eventual get to me.
I'm not playing as much with the event over as it kinda burned me out but I'll probably putting on a no sleep LP charge alarm as soon as the next one starts.

Mokoi

Banned
Nozomi is pure in spirit!
maybe
Also woop! woop! Honoka's team lost. Glad I wasn't rooting for nippon

i4a1NN0Cmr12r.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
With the slow dribble of new normals, you're basically counting on the daily login bonus to get free loveca.

There's probably enough people who aren't paying to get to the top, but there's literally no way you can compete on score with someone who has a team full of SR/UR idolized cards.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It's okay. Bestbuy sells $100 itunes cards for $85 every now and then. Gonna stock up then

fek

Damn, I just woke up in the middle of the night and missed the chance to use my full LP bar for the jp event, and I was so close of getting enough rank for the free ticket.

Kincaido

$60 and I got a UR and SR. I wasted the first $30 on single pulls though, but that was before the guaranteed SR (._. )

I've learned my lesson. No more single pulls ever again.

With the slow dribble of new normals, you're basically counting on the daily login bonus to get free loveca.

There's probably enough people who aren't paying to get to the top, but there's literally no way you can compete on score with someone who has a team full of SR/UR idolized cards.
If they went with 2 events per month, then I'd have a steady income of about 24 loveca every month. I think that's satisfactory.

Why would I want to compete on score with them, anyway? Scores are only relevant during Score Attack events, yes?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If they went with 2 events per month, then I'd have a steady income of about 24 loveca every month. I think that's satisfactory.

Why would I want to compete on score with them, anyway? Scores are only relevant during Score Attack events, yes?
How do you get 24? The rewards from the events aren't that generous, unless I'm missing something.

And you want to compete on score because it gives you free Rare pulls if you can score in the top two tiers in the single song events.

How do you get 24? The rewards from the events aren't that generous, unless I'm missing something.

And you want to compete on score because it gives you free Rare pulls if you can score in the top two tiers in the single song events.
6x2 from events. 1x2 from chapter updates. 2x2 from S-playing new songs. 3x2 from idolizing new Normals. That's not counting the daily rewards.

Ah well. Even failing to get those tickets, I'd get up to 3 loveca which go directly to my 10+1 funds.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm nowhere close to playing any of the songs 100 times for that free gem. lol

Although I guess I've done more than that between the 3 versions.

Kincaido

I've played Natuiro Egao and Mogyutto 100 times each. Need like 4 more Wonderful Rush.

Also, No Brand Girls on Hard is pretty fun. Full combo'd on second try.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've played Natuiro Egao and Mogyutto 100 times each. Need like 4 more Wonderful Rush.

Also, No Brand Girls on Hard is pretty fun. Full combo'd on second try.
Did you guys just grind a single song for the entire event? I had to spread it out to save my sanity. And even then, all the sub-15 LP songs remain unplayed because... well, that extra token could add up!

Kincaido

Well, Natsuiro Egao was the only song I felt comfortable with to get all the macarons while half awake lol. Mogyutto is also the only 15 lp song for pure so yeah. Used that one to level up bonds and get macarons. Also, I just like Wonderful Rush lol.

I didn't get any of the new cards :<

At least I got another Maki to idolize

Did you guys just grind a single song for the entire event? I had to spread it out to save my sanity. And even then, all the sub-15 LP songs remain unplayed because... well, that extra token could add up!
After a while, spreading it out did nothing. So might as well...

Sub-15 is for downtime between events! (I actually S-played the Easy and Normal versions of every song, too)

Kincaido

I used 3000 FP

Man, I only have 5 loveca lol. All these weekly boxes with Eli tempted me to do single pulls way too much.

Kincaido

My pure team is the strongest and my cool is the weakest in both versions lol

Aww, did you not have a lot saved up?

I did my first 3 pulls and didn't get anything new and thought, they better be in....then my next one had the new Nico

Yeah, I only had 3000 since I kept using my FP when I got them to feed my Hanayo UR

Mokoi

Banned
I only have 1 loveca, so I can't do a guaranteed draw. Oh well I pulled the ultimate nun from the FP scouting.

Edit: Damm congrats firehawk

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damn kayo-chin always eating so much

Nice is that the new Honoka UR?
Yeah. I didn't check the screen cap when I was taking it. lol

Edit - it only says "new" if it's new to you, not if it's a new card. I think the "glare" obscured the new though, since it's definitely wedding Honoka.

I only have 1 loveca, so I can't do a guaranteed draw. Oh well I pulled the ultimate nun from the FP scouting.

Edit: Damm congrats firehawk
I hear Play Asia sells Japanese itunes cards! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom