• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

Miki should be #1.

This man knows what's up
mikizruyq.gif

Chariot

He's cool, but I prefer the females. :3
Don't even start to insult the princess.

jX9yHnAjosld2.jpg

Don't lose your way, Makoto-chan, don't lose your way.
I grew up on old martial arts movies so i just loved that scene so much. Made me appreciate Makoto so much more after that. But i can see why you love her smile.
Haha, I loved the scene, too. Makoto is good at almost everything she does.

Yes. Though a word of warning, after watching the iDOLM@STER the dance scenes in Love Live will look a lot worse. Not knocking the show (if I didn't like it I wouldn't be watching S2 now would I), but traditionally animated choreography > CGI choreography.

Love Live's performances have always been kinda meh for me. There is enough anime choreography in there that they're enjoyable but any time those 3D models show up I cry a little. They could have been so much better if they cut out all of the CGI.

Don't even start to insult the princess.

*snip*

Don't lose your way, Makoto-chan, don't lose your way.Haha, I loved the scene, too. Makoto is good at almost everything she does.
You really want me to watch idolm@ster. Which one is Gamagori? :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel you... a lot people in this thread probably only "kinda like" Love Live. It makes me sad.
I've watched like most of the idol shows: iM@S, Love Live, AKB0048, Wake Up Girls, Wanna be the Strongest in the World.

Idolm@ster is genuinely good.

I only pay any kind of attention to LL because I think the game is kind of alright. If we got an Idolm@ster game like this I'd jump ship so fast.

Mokoi

Banned
Love Live's performances have always been kinda meh for me. There is enough anime choreography in there that they're enjoyable but any time those 3D models show up I cry a little. They could have been so much better if they cut out all of the CGI.

It's really dumb how A-rise gets animated dance sequences, but nope they couldn't do that for μ's. The cg is fine with me, but it does stop other people from watching or enjoying the show.

Edit:

I feel you... a lot people in this thread probably only "kinda like" Love Live. It makes me sad.

Put me on the Hella loves LLSIF.

m0t0k1

Well at least it ain't Wake Up Girls kind of animation i litterly had to laugh at this part.
1402500871941l4d8n.gif

The guy also did a Gurren Lagann one that one looks really good. But pixiv does not like linking.

I really do like Love Live. And the LL mobile game is way better then the imas mobile games. The thing is Idolm@ster is one of my favorite franchises ever. So that may come off as kinda like but it isn't.

Chariot

You really should, its very good, better than Love Live (sadly).
Gamagoori is not in in the picture. Sadly Hibiki is already Yamcha.

Guilty. There are a lot of better shows then Love Live out there, but its enjoyable nonetheless.

I've watched like most of the idol shows: iM@S, Love Live, AKB0048, Wake Up Girls, Wanna be the Strongest in the World.
Seriously? Sekai de Ichiban is not much of an idol show (and besides, its bad).

m0t0k1

Not enough iM@S Cinderella Girls love in here. That'll change when the anime airs next year.

Wasn't really a fan of the main iM@S anime, though I haven't watched any of Love Live yet so I can't compare them.

May you live a long, prosperous life and be blessed with many sheep.

You should fix that to alpaca.... Also not a fan of the cinderalla girls don't like the art that much. But i will watch the anime once that airs maybe it will change my opinion on them.

Well at least it ain't Wake Up Girls kind of animation i litterly had to laugh at this part.
1402500871941l4d8n.gif

The guy also did a Gurren Lagann one that one looks really good. But pixiv does not like linking.

I really do like Love Live. And the LL mobile game is way better then the imas mobile games. The thing is Idolm@ster is one of my favorite franchises ever. So that may come off as kinda like but it isn't.
Hah that is pretty bad. Maybe some of your with more experience can help me. As someone who has only seen Love Live (only after playing the game) which idol animes do you guys like the most?

And the best despair!!!

I honestly wish the despair would end. Only a small few of us endure it now.
The shower of UR has made the despair cut even deeper.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's really dumb how A-rise gets animated dance sequences, but nope they couldn't do that for μ's. The cg is fine with me, but it does stop other people from watching or enjoying the show.
Well this series is much better than the last one. In the first series you'd have dance number that were 90% CGI.

Also the original msuic videos are slightly odd to watch. They were clearly done before they gave the characters any personality so everyone comes off slightly like a hollow shell. But hey, at least they are not fully CGI.

Not enough iM@S Cinderella Girls love in here. That'll change when the anime airs next year.
Probably because the anime hasn't aired and people can't really judge character based on a series of images. But if I must choose one I choose Katie.

Seriously? Sekai de Ichiban is not much of an idol show (and besides, its bad).
Its got idols. Thats all that matters in the quest to watch idol anime.

m0t0k1

Miki miki miiiiiii.

lolll!!! it never stops does it.

Hah that is pretty bad. Maybe some of your with more experience can help me. As someone who has only seen Love Live (only after playing the game) which idol animes do you guys like the most?

I honestly wish the despair would end. Only a small few of us endure it now.
The shower of UR has made the despair cut even deeper.

Idolm@ster is one of my favorite like other people arround here. Good songs good dance routines/ bit of Drama but not too much/.Also i am one of the few who loves the beginning. I love seeing the idols before they become famous except lots of people thought it was a slow start. But it shows the live of an idol be it popular or unpopular. I also would recommend AKB0048 it is kind of a different idol anime with battle mecha. Also avoid idolmaster xenoglesia that does not exist in my mind :p. Also want to watch aikatsu. Havent seen that anybody think that is a good idol anime?

Yeah i also hope one day we all get URs. And to get this topic a bit more about LL i really wish to see some weiss schwarß in the mobile game. This eri looks really good

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also avoid idolmaster xenoglesia that does not exist in my mind :p.
I was nodding my head with you, especially with the AKB0048 mention (I actually have a friend who likes AKB48 and he hasn't even watched this show, what's up with that?) but then you said this. Boo Boo BOOOOO! Xenoglossia is awesome, do not believe this man's lies!

Chariot

I was nodding my head with you, especially with the AKB0048 mention (I actually have a friend who likes AKB48 and he hasn't even watched this show, what's up with that?) but then you said this. Boo Boo BOOOOO! Xenoglossia is awesome, do not believe this man's lies!
Jedi Idols man. The Idols are in an intergalactic war against the anti-entertainment empire. They're singing is literally magic and they're not just dancing and singing, but fighting as well. They have friggn laserwords!

m0t0k1

I guess yeah. All event cards are added to the Loveca draw but they are probably almost as rare as an UR.

Ahh cool i hope i draw it one day. But yeah the more SR and UR they add the less chance you get of drawing it.

I was watching it during a time i grew tired of anime. Specially for you i will rewatch it to see if i can adjust my memories of it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Million Live is better than Cinderella Girls.

Eli event when? I'm going all in for that card.

Probably because the anime hasn't aired and people can't really judge character based on a series of images. But if I must choose one I choose Katie.
There's a fair bit of material out for it already, or for the popular characters at least (like music/drama CDs and manga). The anime's just the next step towards complete global saturation.

m0t0k1

um, lol

how'd i do?
do i idolize the duplicate right away?

LOLL that girl can handle balls well XD She is the basketball idol so she should be able to handle them.

Your draw is sadly the minimum. You have a guaranteed SR at the moment you got that the rest is all R. If you don't have enough Rs in your team to fill in the 9 spots i would not idolize them yet. Because you get more points in your team + more HP which comes in handy when learning new songs. If you have enough R go for it helps you make that team go the extra mile.

I hope today will be the start of the new event. We haven't heard anything about it yet.

Also, I went to the facebook page in search of news and saw this in the comments:
Spam too much money more than $500 only get one UR -.- waste my $$$
We should invite this guy, he must be loaded with despair.

Mokoi

Banned
Hope they make more of it.

That would be nice, but another show on the list of never getting a sequel.

I hope today will be the start of the new event. We haven't heard anything about it yet.

Also, I went to the facebook page in search of news and saw this in the comments:

We should invite this guy, he must be loaded with despair.

Haha oh wow that sucks. Nobody has had too spend that much here, and still got UR's. At least I hope nobody spent that much.

Draxal

That would be nice, but another show on the list of never getting a sequel.

Haha oh wow that sucks. Nobody has had too spend that much here, and still got UR's. At least I hope nobody spent that much.

I spent a decent amount initially (nowhere near 500), as I was playing the game a good bit amount of the time(and still am) and it did justify the purchase.

However, the poor rate of URS, will probably cause me to stop purchasing in the future as it will be slightly better SR replacing slightly worse SRs, not enough to justify the expenditure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom