• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
she was the #1 N card girl in the recent poll.
Well for once the voters are right since I called Kasane as the best N girl some pages back.

Unlike Cinderella Girls where not a single one of my top picks were in the top 50!

Chariot

Well for once the voters are right since I called Kasane as the best N girl some pages back.

Unlike Cinderella Girls where not a single one of my top picks were in the top 50!
We should make our own poll.

Snow Halation drives me mad. Somehow The second double note is always "good", I don't know what I do wrong with that. I can get the whole rest of the song, but this thing...!

Anyway, starting preperations for updates.
290,950 Gold, 18 Loveca and 2,310 friendpoints so far. Assuming that tomorrow only comes the event update, I should be fine when the update with the new chapters rolls over.

m0t0k1

hQrc8Ze.jpg

OSU mode

You can play with a mouse just by plugging it into your usb port? how do you do the double taps??

Also great news about the kotori event i want that card .....
elichiszsdb.jpg

give it to me!!!

m0t0k1

Holy hell! Is that with just a normal scout? And to think I was happy pulling this one with my daily free scout this morning:

Jfo05Pt.png

You won't get that in a daily free scout or scout with friend points. SR and UR cards can only be drawn using love stones. I also got that Eli card during a 10+1 draw with a guarenteed SR card But that was the japanese version.

Lol just saw this people who where having trouble with mermaid festa vol 1 please be excited for vol 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPngYnDBlZc

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I'm just wondering, if you need 1200 points a day to get the card... at this point would I need 2400 points? Jebus. :(

Yui

Yay @ event for the english version. I dont think that we already reached 100.000+ players so I guess they will change the cut off point for the ranking SR? Or maybe we are lucky and they are lazy/generous. :3

m0t0k1

So I'm just wondering, if you need 1200 points a day to get the card... at this point would I need 2400 points? Jebus. :(

Yeah i just got 1100 last night so i wont make it to 1200 a day i guess. Because i also have other things to do then just play and browse gaf. But i saw this on the wiki

The following campaigns will also be active:

From May 27 until the end of the event, a 4x version of the event song as well as two EX versions (regular + randomized) will be available to play
From May 28 until the end of the event, certain stages (changes daily) will give extra gold rewards (1.5x for NORMAL, 2x for HARD)

So guess i am saving those mascots for when the 4x version is coming. 4times the points is probably what i need to get enough for the SR.

We should really be friending each other in this game instead of randoms.

My ID is 544772824

Agreed. I've just been cancelling all the requests for me to add friends. Is that the wrong thing to be doing?

Incidentally, I'm 852848557 and my name is CrunkyBall (ImBarryScott is too long).

m0t0k1

Yeah, my bad. Reading fail :)

How rare is it to get a rare card during a normal scouting session?

Pretty small think like 5 or 10%. I once did 3 10 card draws and did not got a single rare in JPN version and sometimes i got one during a 1 draw . But i already had a kotori during a daily free draw in the english version :p

edit: beaten we could make a google doc or something for our friend ID's? I do have to go to work soon so i can make one in the evening ( in about 8 hours) or somebody else could make it while i am gone and then in the evening i can add it to the OP? Or i can just add your id's in a quote to the OP we will see :)

Yui

Jintor is right!

ID: 059672033
Name: Alice

Just add a "gaf" or something in the message.
I'm currently running a cool SR (Umi) for your enjoyment.

Jintor

My message is "E3 HYPE TRAIN!!!!!" which I hope is enough of an identifier

omg, this school idol. "My name is Sana. I didn't want to become a school idol or anything like that, but there was no way around it! They wanted me so badly I had to join"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah i just got 1100 last night so i wont make it to 1200 a day i guess. Because i also have other things to do then just play and browse gaf. But i saw this on the wiki

So guess i am saving those mascots for when the 4x version is coming. 4times the points is probably what i need to get enough for the SR.

Is that 4x for all difficulties? I guess it's worth saving them for then... although playing the same song a billion times in a row is a recipe for disaster. :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
BLARGHfjbjbaifpabfa

I passed the hit and release parts on Natsuiro Egao twice and flubbed on a simple part TWICE.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll take a look and see if I can clear some guys on my list. I wish there wasn't a limit though.

Do Friends' main card only give the primary stat benefit to the song, or do they give the skill benefit as well? (Can you use a Friend's card as a healer, for example.)

Chariot

Chariot - ID: 138733509 / Karl
firehawk12 - ID: 193512899 / Allen
holysan - ID: 189388923 / Maki-lucky
ImBarryScott - ID: 852848557 / CrunkyBall
Jintor - ID: 544772824 / Miso

JoeFu - ID: 302166723 / joefu
Kincaido - ID: 343412777 / Kincaido
MSMrRound - ID: 900103822 / Harasho
Recknoc - ID: 983459193 / OhNoMelon
Rhak - ID: 706326408 / Rhak

Blacksafs - ID: 769323267 / Safs@GAF
SpacePirate Ridley - ID: 363623790 / SPRidley
Thoraxes - ID: 062309120 / Thoraxes
Yui - ID: 059672033 / Alice
Just a list for the new page.

It doesn't look like you can actually attach a message to a friend request. So I've been sending messages of "GAF" followed by friend requests. Spam ahoy!

bobawesome

Finally idolized all the normal members and cleared the main story up to this point. What is this profound emptiness I feel?

Chariot

So, I made a new op, if we ever need a new one. Anything that needs to be improved?
Please point out any grammar mistakes I made, my english is medicore.

jtpolpS.png

Love Live! School Idol Festival is a free-to-play rhythm game for Android/iOS based on the anime with the same name (minus the festival). To build your ultimate idol group you punch idols in the face, feed them to each other and keep breeding clones of worthless N-Idols. Play the game for free now and share the fun with us
and the despair of getting swamped by nuns

Information
Developer: KLab
Publisher: Bushiroad
Platforms: iOS (5.1+), Android (2.3+) | Rooted Devices don't work!
Language: jp/en
Download: iOS, Android (jp), iOS, Android (en) / apk for the jp version
Price: Free! (microtransactions possible)
Anime: MAL / anidb / anilist

Current Event
Upcoming: Minna Atsumare! Sweet Holiday Kotori no Oyatsu [eng]
see page of the japanese event

About Love Live
Love Live! School Idol Project is an animeshow with currently two seasons. The nine unique girls of the idolgroup μ's (Muse) struggle to make their school more popular by participation in the biggest Idolcontest Love Live!. Are their hard training and emotional bonds enough to win the Love Live and save their school?

The Game
A new student has appeared in Otonokizaka High School: you. Barely arrived μ's leader Honoka asks for your help. You organize your recruited Idols in groups of nine people and play through μ's songs. You collect points by poking your idols in the face at the right time. Good reactions are not everything, stats and special skills heavily influence the score.

j4BRpyOC8FJ8y.jpg

For further information visit the Gameplay and the Scoring section the wiki.

Earn new idols
You get a new idol after finishing goals in a song (scored points, *****s and for finishing the song) or when you scout idols. There are two ways of scouting. Honor Student Scouting and Regular Student Scouting. Regular will give you 1 student for every 100 friendpoints, you can scout a maximum of 10 at once. Usually it gives out N-Idols, but with a small chance you can get R's, too. Honor Student Scouting costs 5 Loveca/Love Gems per student, but will give you a free one if you scout 10 at once. This will give you usually R's, but there are small and smaller chances to get SR and UR idols.
If you finish a song successfully, you get one to three idols, usually N's, but very very rarely a R can appear too.

Improve idols
You improve your idols by cannibalism. You feed an idol up to ten other idols at once with Practice. The idol will get Experience based on the level and amount of idols you sacrifice. Idols have different max levels, based on their rarity. Every level increase their stats a little bit.

Bonding
While scoring in songs you get bonding points that are shared equaly between all participating idols whose Bond isn't maximized yet. When you maximize a bond with an idol for the first time you unlock the Sidestory of that character. When you download and viewed the short monolog, you get a Loveca.

Currencies
There are three kinds of currency in the game: Friendpoints, Loveca/Love Gem and Gold. You can get friendpoints by finishing certain song goals and by helping friends and other players. Clearing the song a certain number of times on all difficulties and Score S and Combo S on hard will give you friendpoints. Gold is given for finishing songs, daily rewards and maximizing bonds.

Gold
Finishing a song
Maximize a bond: 20,000 Gold
Early goals in Scoring and Combos
There is also Gold in the daily rewards.

Friendpoints
Easy: 1x - 25 pts / 5x - 50 pts / 10x - 75 pts / 20x - 100 pts
Normal: 5x - 100 pts / 10x - 150 pts / 20x - 200 pts / 40x - 300 pts
Hard: 10x - 300 pts / 20x - 500 pts / 40x - 700 pts / Score S - 1,000 pts / Combo S - 1,000 pts
Helping or being helped by a Academy Student: 5 pts once a day
Helping or being helped by a Friend: 10 pts once a day
There are also friendpoints in the daily rewards.

Loveca/Love Gems
Hard: 100x - 1 Loveca
Maxing a bond with an idol and reading her Sidestory - 1 Loveca
New Player Bonus: 3 Loveca daily for 7 (?) Days after joining
Gather Idolized Members (Album Rewards)
Maximize bonds with idolized girls (Album Rewards)
Maximize LV. of idolized girls (Album Rewards)
Purchasing Lovea with real money 1 Loveca - 0,70€ (~1,4 L/€), 6 Loveca - 2,82€ (~2,13L/€), 15 Loveca - 7,05€ (~2,13 L/€), 23 Loveca - 10,57€ (~2,18 L/€), 50 Loveca - 21,14€ (~2,37 L/€), 86 Loveca - 35,24€ (~2,44 L/€)
There are also Loveca in the daily rewards.

Certain stages of the Main Story and ranking in events will also net you Loveca, friendpoints and gold.

Current avaible Idols
Only english version, for all avaible Idols in the japanese on, visit Other Characters

Songs

FAQ
My device is rooted, can I get the game somehow to work?
No, there is currently no way to make the game work reliable on rooted devices. Please buy a new one.

The skill pop-ups in the songs are annoying!
You can disable them in Other -> Settings -> Live Show Pop-Ups

How do skills level up?
Sacrifice an idol with the same skill and skilllevel. You can get the skill probability up to 100% with this.

Should I use my friendpoints/Loveca right away or should I hoard them?
At the beginning of your carrier als virgin sacrificing Idolpriest you should collect 1,000 friendpoints and use them until you got most or all N's idolized. Then keep hording until new idols are added. You get enough N's trough playing songs to feed your idols.
For Loveca, keep them until an event gives you boni or at least - if you can't stand the urge - until you have 50 to get the free bonus idol.

I finished all available chapters, what now?
Keep playing. New content is added regularely and there is no levelcap that would hinder your progress. When new content comes, you eventually get it unlocked right away if you meet the conditions.

Can I flip the game?
Not on android.

Where are my dancing cgi idols?
In the anime and the music videos. Only portraits and circles here.

<notmaki> is best girl.
You're factually wrong.

How's the anime?
It's fun, give it a shot if you like idols or cute girls in general.

GAFs Idolpriests
Chariot - ID: 138733509 / Karl
firehawk12 - ID: 193512899 / Allen
holysan - ID: 189388923 / Maki-lucky
ImBarryScott - ID: 852848557 / CrunkyBall
Jintor - ID: 544772824 / Miso

JoeFu - ID: 302166723 / joefu
Recknoc - ID: 983459193 / OhNoMelon
Thoraxes - ID: 062309120 / Thoraxes
Yui - ID: 059672033 / Alice

Wall of Shame

So I love ryhythm games so reading this yesterday I decided to download it. So I started yesterday and im level 10. But I still don't understand some things, mostly about scoring and leveling up my characters.

-Scoring is really strange, I can get perfect string of combos and still only get C rank. How do you get better ranks?
-So I've already have my leader (I think is Nozomi) with all the flower thingies full, I suppose that is the max level, no? How do I idolize her further?
-About normal idolizing, if you get two same girls cards if you fuse them you can idolize them (second star), so I supposed that having 2 two star level smae girl cards would make you a level 3. I tried to that with the nun (I already had two level cards of her) and it doesn't let me. Something wrong with what Im doing or it isn't possible?
-The scout thingie, how do I get better idols? Do i need to spend hearts? if thats so, do they give hearts in normal ways instead of spending money?
-What is loveca draw and BiBi?
-The special skills of your leaders, the story mode said you need to activate them at the right time during concerts, yet mine does it automatically every 17 combos randomly (and I don't see any button to activate them), is that right?

And I think thats it.

BTW Ive been adding people from this thread, here is my ID number. My username is SPRidley.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My id is 343412777 - Kincaido

I need to make some room for everyone though. Damn limit.

Chariot

-Scoring is really strange, I can get perfect string of combos and still only get C rank. How do you get better ranks?
Your Score scales with your idols skills. Generally: the highter the stat of the Idol in the specific area (Smile, Pure and Cool), for more details look here.

-So I've already have my leader (I think is Nozomi) with all the flower thingies full, I suppose that is the max level, no? How do I idolize her further?
You have to combine two same girls to idolize them. Works only once.

-About normal idolizing, if you get two same girls cards if you fuse them you can idolize them (second star), so I supposed that having 2 two star level smae girl cards would make you a level 3. I tried to that with the nun (I already had two level cards of her) and it doesn't let me. Something wrong with what Im doing or it isn't possible?
No, you only can combine once. 1+1=2, 3+3=4, and so on

-The scout thingie, how do I get better idols? Do i need to spend hearts? if thats so, do they give hearts in normal ways instead of spending money?
Better Idols with hearts, yeah. And yes, there are ways to get hearts, look at my surrogate op two posts above.

-What is loveca draw and BiBi?
Loveca are the hearts and BiBi is an Idolgroup of Muse (Eli, Nico and Maki)

-The special skills of your leaders, the story mode said you need to activate them at the right time during concerts, yet mine does it automatically every 17 combos randomly (and I don't see any button to activate them), is that right?
Its not active. Punch you idol and you will see that there is something like "36% that this and that happens every 10 idolpunches".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The game works on rooted devices if you use Xplorer and RootCloak 1.3 and SuperSU with it deactivated.

Also, two random questions:

1) Is it better to have a team that is all one colour, or a team that has better stats? Sometimes the auto-formation will throw in Rares of other colours because they have better stats than your normals.

2) When you use a Friend's idol, do you get the idol's skill as well as their bonus to the score? If a friend has a Pure idol with healing powers, can you use that to heal as if you had that idol in your formation?

Your Score scales with your idols skills. Generally: the highter the stat of the Idol in the specific area (Smile, Pure and Cool), for more details look here.

So for example, if I put in my band girls of the same color (green for eample), and I do a green song, would I get a lot more points to get better ranks?

Its not active. Punch you idol and you will see that there is something like "36% that this and that happens every 10 idolpunches".

Where and when do I need to punch the idol? When she appears big in the screen? In the one I have it says: LV1 Score increases by 200 with 36% probabilty every time combo 17 is achived.

BTW Thanks for all the info.

Chariot

So for example, if I put in my band girls of the same color (green for eample), and I do a green song, would I get a lot more points to get better ranks?
Generally yes, since the color of the girl shows her strongest stat. R's are often even in their secondary stat than an N whose primary that is.

Where and when do I need to punch the idol? When she appears big in the screen? In the one I have it says: LV1 Score increases by 200 with 36% probabilty every time combo 17 is achived.
No, with punching I just meant the normal pushing on the face of the idols to score :D
The ability is passive, you don't have to do anything special. In your case you only have to make long combos.

The game works on rooted devices if you use Xplorer and RootCloak 1.3 and SuperSU with it deactivated.

Also, two random questions:

1) Is it better to have a team that is all one colour, or a team that has better stats? Sometimes the auto-formation will throw in Rares of other colours because they have better stats than your normals.

2) When you use a Friend's idol, do you get the idol's skill as well as their bonus to the score? If a friend has a Pure idol with healing powers, can you use that to heal as if you had that idol in your formation?
1) I always go for the stats. The color is only a indicator, what their best stat is, aye?
2) I think you only get the increase of their primary stat, but don't quote me on that.

MSMrRound

ID 900103822 Name: Harasho

In my "About Me" I currently have it as "MSMrRound on GAF/MrRoundDB on Twitter".

Currently sporting a swimsuit Maki.

Feel free to add.

By the way, any of the more experienced players have any tips to share about the Kotori's Sweets events e.g best way to earn towards the rewards/songs per token distribution?

Thanks!

Generally yes, since the color of the girl shows her strongest stat. R's are often even in their secondary stat than an N whose primary that is.

No, with punching I just meant the normal pushing on the face of the idols to score :D
The ability is passive, you don't have to do anything special. In your case you only have to make long combos.

Thanks! I just got a new R idol (although its the same girl she has different color and outfit, I use some pass that seems I didn't need hearts) and tried a blue song with all the girls in blue colors and could get a C rank easily.

If I fuse a level 1 card with another level 1 card I will get another level 1 card no? What happens if I fuse I higher level card (I have level 6 Nun) with a lower lever card (nun also), will me a new card with the highest level of the two cards?
Also my highest R idol is level 8, but her skill is still level 1, is getting more levels how you get higher level skills?

Sorry for all the questions. The game is pretty adictive but this leveling system is quite strange.

MSMrRound

Thanks! I just got a new R idol (although its the same girl she has different color and outfit, I use some pass that seems I didn't need hearts) and tried a blue song with all the girls in blue colors and could get a C rank easily.

If I fuse a level 1 card with another level 1 card I will get another level 1 card no? What happens if I fuse I higher level card (I have level 6 Nun) with a lower lever card (nun also), will me a new card with the highest level of the two cards?
Also my highest R idol is level 8, but her skill is still level 1, is getting more levels how you get higher level skills?

Sorry for all the questions. The game is pretty adictive but this leveling system is quite strange.

Member->Practice->Select up to 10 fodder normal idol characters to "sacrifice" and level up your selected idol. You can see how much combined EXP you will gain. As soon as it exceed the amount of EXP it needs, it will level up. (It overlaps, so don't worry about overleveling it, but most cards have a level cap of 40)

If you combine two characters that are the same e.g the nun through special practice, they will be "Idolized" and given a special outfit.

The only way to level up a skill is to fuse it with another card with the same skill.

Yui

By the way, any of the more experienced players have any tips to share about the Kotori's Sweets events e.g best way to earn towards the rewards/songs per token distribution?

Play the 15 LP songs to get 16 tokens. All the other songs will have a 1:1 ratio (LP:Token).
(unless they changed it of course)

The song itself is relatively easy but has a couple of short holder notes (I have no clue what the real term is xD) and some people in here seem to struggle with those.
My "advice" would be to "press" and not hold them. They are too short to really hold the button without risking a good. (I'm talking about the hard version since easy and normal should be no problem.)

Member->Practice->Select up to 10 fodder normal idol characters to "sacrifice" and level up your selected idol. You can see how much combined EXP you will gain. As soon as it exceed the amount of EXP it needs, it will level up. (It overlaps, so don't worry about overleveling it, but most cards have a level cap of 40)

If you combine two characters that are the same e.g the nun through special practice, they will be "Idolized" and given a special outfit.

The only way to level up a skill is to fuse it with another card with the same skill.

Oh, so thats why you get so many repeats. Seems to be a long an addictive process trying to make all this idols and leveling them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom