• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhairedking

Just tried the "Shiranai Love * Oshiete Love" for the first time after hoarding bunny patches. The beat is fuuuuun.

Doesn't translate to skill, though; I had no idea what the heck happened at the end of that song.

I've never had trouble at the end of the song. I tend to run into trouble around the beginning to middle-ish area.

Mokoi

Banned
got four songs SSS'd now (Aishiteru Banzai , Wonderful Rush, Mermaid Festa, Mo Gyutto)

SO done with Mo Gyutto god that song is so boring

Mo Gyutto is love Mo Gyutto is life!

5FucrRJl.png

I've never had trouble at the end of the song. I tend to run into trouble around the beginning to middle-ish area.

Really? I feel like the end is just like the middle part, but all at once and faster with double notes.

got four songs SSS'd now (Aishiteru Banzai , Wonderful Rush, Mermaid Festa, Mo Gyutto)

SO done with Mo Gyutto god that song is so boring
Not only boring; the lyrics is also kinda disturbing.

elhaym

Seriously! I know Mo Gyutto is easy but man there are songs that are easy but actually fun to play (Aishiteru banzai, 1,2 Jump, wonderful rush)

All my "fun" songs are over the JP version. I'm so tired of everything in the EN version, but must not stop playing. =/

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Only rank 54 in jp version right now, butI really like playing Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru and No Brand Girls

Mokoi

Banned
Fuck man... just... fuck.

Is this the song you've been grinding on for patches, or is this just par for the course for you?

I have rank B on most songs, but that's nothing compared to your shit...

I grinded this song on the last event. Right now I am grinding wonderful rush, and have cleared it 293 times. Idols are serious business.

Haha, someone should pose as a celebrity.

im looking at the rewards.... what are yall grinding for again?

unless im missing something i dont see anything worth the grind/money.

getting top 1000 should be enough no?

Harumph, I've never gotten a Rare from daily scout. I find your unluckiness is greatly exaggerated.
Any time I get a Honoka I'll complain about it. I've got at least 10 of her. She won't leave me alone. :(

11000 pt reward for SR Umi and top 1000 for another to idolize her is enough for me. I don't know if I'm going to bother with the top 1000 this time though.

Hugstable

Banned

Getting into the top 1000 usually become pretty insane near the end 5pf the event if the Kotori event was any indication.

I full combo'd the hard mode before the normal/easy ones. (Both had stupid little accidents)

Oh well, they're expendable since my patches are valuable.

Any time I get a Honoka I'll complain about it. I've got at least 10 of her. She won't leave me alone. :(
Oh, that's similar to me and Nico. She's the only Rare I have idolized in all three colors and even then I've gotten 6 more.

(in comparison I only have 1 Eli and 1 Umi. My Cool team is so weaaaak.)

Is there a way to delete a team? accidentally auto-filled my team 4 slot and keep accidentally selecting it sometimes

The only way to disable it is fill it with Ns to sacrifice and sell/train with them. The team should be disabled from team selection by just getting rid of one of the idols (you can't use a team of 8 for example).

Anony

it's hard to get good at the hard songs because you can't practice the song

I can only play the 15 point hard song twice every 3.5 hours

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I decided to watch some of the 3rd Anniversary Love Live Concert just to truly understand the idol experience.

I've seen the two K-On concerts, and I think they work because they're meant to be a band and half the event is anime fanservice instead of pure music (the fact that they learned to play their character's respective instruments is a nice bonus), but I don't think I got anything watching this concert.
sZ6z08nl.jpg

NHDevYEl.jpg

Insert joke about 2d vs 3d here.

j9l8Nc6l.jpg

Nico pulling a Gene Simmons.

I think the problem is that idol singers aren't all that interesting. There's so many of them that you have to service everyone by giving each singer one song and the sub-units their own song, meaning you don't really care about any of them in particular. The fact that all they do is just dance around and sing isn't all that compelling to watch either, unless you like seeing 20something women dress up in school girl uniforms/costumes while prancing around a stage and making weird gestures. Of course, I missed the whole K-Pop thing, so I'm sure there's some Asian music thing that I just completely missed.

But perhaps the most disappointing part to me is that I discovered that the music is much less complicated than I thought it was. How do you have a 3 or 9 part vocal group and NOT HAVE HARMONIES? I know shitty pop songs are shitty pop songs, but even Green Day has harmonies in their songs.

That said, I suppose the real point of going is to hear them talk to "you" for 30 minutes at the end of the concert. Half of it is shilling to you about various products coming out (Vita game!!!) and half is crying about how grateful they are to have "you" as a fan... I'd like to believe they're being genuine about that, but I'm also so cynical that I can imagine some evil producer telling the girls to cry on cue in order to sell Love Live branded tissues after the concert.

But hey, at least Love Live isn't as stupid as AKB48 with elections and weird shit. lol

Jintor

no harmonies? burn this filth

seriously though that's pretty disappointing, 9 vocal parts and you can't be bothered to harmonise voices, fuck that

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The weird shit is what makse AKB48 interesting. *headbutt*
My favourite part of the one election that I watched is that because in Japan underaged girls can't be on TV after 8pm or something stupid like that, they kick off all the younger AKBs off the stage and tell them to hide themselves. lol

no harmonies? burn this filth

seriously though that's pretty disappointing, 9 vocal parts and you can't be bothered to harmonise voices, fuck that
Yeah, it's either solos or everyone singing the same part as a chorus. Kind of boring. :(

Once, I watched JKT48 live out of curiosity and this part in particular just felt hella awkward.
3d breaks the uncanny valley of waifuism and ruins the illusion. lol
Although, hey, for some people a handshake is enough so what do I know.

Jintor

Japanese live action TV in general is so goddamn weird, especially the idol stuff. I can't even begin to identify which bits of it feel weirder than regular western live-action TV, which is already pretty weird

PewPewK

I never understood the idol scene. I personally have no interest in it either, and I find AKB48 particularly disgusting. But anime idols are a-ok.

Though along that line, as I said earlier, I don't really love any one character here. They're all merely "okay" to me, some slightly higher than others, but almost all fall beneath the myriad of other characters that I like.

Disappointing, I was hoping to really like some of the characters, but guess it's just not gonna happen. That, of course, has no affect on me being totally addicted to the game still, haha.

So I decided to watch some of the 3rd Anniversary Love Live Concert just to truly understand the idol experience.
I remember watching some Idolmaster live concert and thinking pretty much the same stuff. I feel like most of them weren't really that great live singers - only Asami Imai and Takane's voice actor stood out as ones that really performed well.

And another weird thing is that the audience was all dudes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Japanese live action TV in general is so goddamn weird, especially the idol stuff. I can't even begin to identify which bits of it feel weirder than regular western live-action TV, which is already pretty weird
I guess the equivalent of the AKB elections would be American Idol and those talent shows... but at least those seem to have a real purpose at least. lol

I remember watching some Idolmaster live concert and thinking pretty much the same stuff. I feel like most of them weren't really that great live singers - only Asami Imai and Takane's voice actor stood out as ones that really performed well.

And another weird thing is that the audience was all dudes.
Haha, yeah. With all these idol and anime concerts, I have to imagine that nerds are the ones who are footing the bill.

The K-On concerts were a little more mixed, and I would say that the Gintama live event I watched had a fair share of women (for obvious reasons). I assume if there were UtaPri live events, the girls would be out in full force for those. lol

3d breaks the uncanny valley of waifuism and ruins the illusion. lol
Although, hey, for some people a handshake is enough so what do I know.
I think it's less about it being 3D and more about it feeling really unnatural. Some of the lines in this game give me a similar feeling, albeit to a lesser extent because they're just virtual, fictional beings.

... so maybe it is the 3D thing...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I never understood the idol scene. I personally have no interest in it either, and I find AKB48 particularly disgusting. But anime idols are a-ok.

Though along that line, as I said earlier, I don't really love any one character here. They're all merely "okay" to me, some slightly higher than others, but almost all fall beneath the myriad of other characters that I like.

Disappointing, I was hoping to really like some of the characters, but guess it's just not gonna happen. That, of course, has no affect on me being totally addicted to the game still, haha.
Clearly you should just pick Nico as your favourite then!

real idol culture is weird, but i'm okay with fake idol culture i guess
No men in anime to ruin the purity. lol

I think it's less about it being 3D and more about it feeling really unnatural. Some of the lines in this game give me a similar feeling, albeit to a lesser extent because they're just virtual, fictional beings.

... so maybe it is the 3D thing...
With the game, I still find it weird that they had lines for when you tap them. It'd be a thousand times weirder if that were in 3d. lol

Jintor

With the game, I still find it weird that they had lines for when you tap them. It'd be a thousand times weirder if that were in 3d. lol

Actually, the weird thing to me is that they can't decide whether you're dating the girls or managing them

well, it's more that they don't care

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Actually, the weird thing to me is that they can't decide whether you're dating the girls or managing them

well, it's more that they don't care
BGBW said that one of the characters says that "you" are a girl. But that doesn't seem to be the case with everyone else. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom