• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhairedking

So I'm at 6000 points and haven't use a single loveca. I'm hoping I can get to 11,000 without it, but I might need to use one or two at the last minute.

jeebus how can yall play this soo much to get such high rankings :S

got a billion other games with waifus to play these days.

btw: how are yall managing when to do the event song?

i always ended up with like 500 of them things and miserably grind that song for a long while :(

i think i should just do it every 3 normal songs...

Dunno if I should use my 6 gems to try and stay in the top 200 or not. Worried about if I use them and end up dropping out of the top 200 anyways in the final days.
Why not wait until the final day to calculate whether you'd have enough?

i always ended up with like 500 of them things and miserably grind that song for a long while :(

i think i should just do it every 3 normal songs...
I usually hoard the patches and deplete them in one go every day after lunch. I'm used to playing the same song 10 times in a row when grinding the easy songs for S-play...

elhaym

Gahhhh, someone make Mermaid Festa stop! I need another 28 plays. :|

At least I can go back to the JP event, which is an awesome song (And is making me second-guess my choice of the BiBi School Idol Paradise...), as well as Music S.T.A.R.T!!.

Anyone want a Love Live branded tablet?

6fd66bffc3c8de425deda831da91bf611403401203_full.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still haven't tried the event song yet....Only getting the points and will wait for when 4x starts...
For the JP event? I don't think you need it since the song is like 90 seconds or something. It's like they couldn't find a good way to chop it up. lol

DiGiKerot

I finally managed to FC Wild Stars (took considerably fewer attempts than the anime OP, actually!) and the event song yesterday. Unfortunately the event song score, even with an FC, wasn't enough to get me into the top 200 of the score rankings, but I think I'm sitting pretty good for a top 1000 finish. I did just unlock the Umi SR event card last night, though, so I'll make another push on that once I max the cards level and see where that puts me.

As for the otherall event ranking, I'm fluctuating constantly between the 200s and the 300s. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to burn every loveca I get between now and the end of the event to sustain that top 1000 finish, but I'm not really willing to burn the extra 5-6 on top of that that'd be necessary to boost me into the top 200 at this point, because I'm pretty sure that'll turn into another 12 or so on the last couple of days!

(Also, I've lost count of the number of 1000fp card draws I've done since I last got a Rare card from it - I just have R Cool Eli (you know, they one which would be most useful for this event!) left to idolise as well...)

Finally unlocked what I assume are all the songs for now. Out of Wonderful Rush, Oh, Love&Peace!, Bokura wa Ima no Naka de and WILD STARS, are any of them significantly more difficult than the others? They're the ones I haven't tried on hard yet.

DiGiKerot

Finally unlocked what I assume are all the songs for now. Out of Wonderful Rush, Oh, Love&Peace!, Bokura wa Ima no Naka de and WILD STARS, are any of them significantly more difficult than the others? They're the ones I haven't tried on hard yet.

From hardest to easiest, the order of difficulty I had FC'ing them was Bokura > WILD STARS > Wonderful Rush > Love&Peace. I know quite a few people aren't particularly fond of those short holds at the start of WILD STARS, though. I'd personally say that there's a moderate jump in difficulty between Wonderful Rush/Love&Peace and Bokura/WILD STARS, though.

That said, if you can FC Mermaid Festa vol1 on Hard, then I don't think any of them will cause you any particular headaches.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
If you end up having trouble with any of them I recommend watching a video with the hit sounds turn on. After wild stars I've realised that none of the songs are particularly hard to play but some are hard to learn. Once you can hear the pattern properly they're all quite easy but it's difficult to learn what it should sound like by failing over and over.

m0t0k1

From hardest to easiest, the order of difficulty I had FC'ing them was Bokura > WILD STARS > Wonderful Rush > Love&Peace. I know quite a few people aren't particularly fond of those short holds at the start of WILD STARS, though. I'd personally say that there's a moderate jump in difficulty between Wonderful Rush/Love&Peace and Bokura/WILD STARS, though.

That said, if you can FC Mermaid Festa vol1 on Hard, then I don't think any of them will cause you any particular headaches.

I did bokura in 1 try. I still havent done wild stars :( its not the short notes its the random notes that kill me i just can't get the rhythm down. Maybe i should listen to it on youtube.

Thanks. I suppose the difficulty jump makes sense given the order they're unlocked. There're certain things I find really hard on keyboard but none of them show up in Mermaid Festa, so it's not the best indication of how good / terrible I am at this.

If you end up having trouble with any of them I recommend watching a video with the hit sounds turn on. After wild stars I've realised that none of the songs are particularly hard to play but some are hard to learn. Once you can hear the pattern properly they're all quite easy but it's difficult to learn what it should sound like by failing over and over.
Yeah, I did this before trying the event song on hard and it really helped me out. There's no way I would've survived it the first time otherwise. Thanks as well.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I did bokura in 1 try. I still havent done wild stars :( its not the short notes its the random notes that kill me i just can't get the rhythm down. Maybe i should listen to it on youtube.

It's hard because the rhythm you play is correct musically but not a part of the recording. Really you're playing on top of the song instead of along with it. This makes it impossible to know what you should be playing until you get it right so learning can be really hard. I think checking it out on YouTube should fix it right up but it's up to everyone how they want to play.

DiGiKerot

It somehow took me 113 tries to FC Bokura, and I have absolutely no idea why, as it's not even that hard, really. I was off by one or two notes almost every single time. It almost drove me to throw my 'phone at a wall.

m0t0k1

It's hard because the rhythm you play is correct musically but not a part of the recording. Really you're playing on top of the song instead of along with it. This makes it impossible to know what you should be playing until you get it right so learning can be really hard. I think checking it out on YouTube should fix it right up but it's up to everyone how they want to play.

I am not a fan at looking for solutions on YT but i think i am missing something and hope that can help but normally i don't listen to the songs before playing because i like to learn them myself. Exceptions are the super hard expert songs since i know i won't be FC them ever i guess.
It somehow took me 113 tries to FC Bokura, and I have absolutely no idea why, as it's not even that hard, really. I was off by one or two notes almost every single time. It almost drove me to throw my 'phone at a wall.

If you smack your phone against the wall at least you have an excuse to get a nice LL tablet :D But i think it depends on play style some songs suites people better then other songs. since you did FC wild and i did not after about 40 tries.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I am not a fan at looking for solutions on YT but i think i am missing something and hope that can help but normally i don't listen to the songs before playing because i like to learn them myself. Exceptions are the super hard expert songs since i know i won't be FC them ever i guess.

If you smack your phone against the wall at least you have an excuse to get a nice LL tablet :D But i think it depends on play style some songs suites people better then other songs. since you did FC wild and i did not after about 40 tries.

Yeah I'm the same. It's just something I've been thinking about lately. Once you learn the song it'll be easy so I think the first thing to focus on is hearing the pattern in your head, if you don't know the pattern I think you could keep going forever without getting it. I think it took me 40 or more times playing mermaid fiesta before I realised I wasn't bad at it but I was just playing the wrong thing. So far it just the event songs I've checked out first because I want to be able to at least get A combo as soon as possible.

Jintor

Like if you've played Ouendan or anything you can tell that what you're playing is like layering a drum track over the thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom