• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

If you pick a seiyuu as a waifu, you automatically get all the characters she performed as waifus. Logic!

Just for fun i looked up the seiyuu of miki hoshii but she is already married and not the biggest fan of her looks. Man this could have been a great deal but nope.

Same. I might catch a voice I recognize while I'm watching something but that is as far as I go.
Eh, not my thing.

I only noticed it once person who did rise in persona is also iori in idolmaster but it took me a while before i noticed. I do notice a lot of the same English voices in games though.

Why go 3d when you can have 5d!! children card games on motorcycles.
end_yugioh_5d__s___gif_by_kisaraakiryu-d4jwjsm.gif

Lol, im pretty sure some hands are just trasppasing the high five hand like a ghost.

MSMrRound

I only noticed it once person who did rise in persona is also iori in idolmaster but it took me a while before i noticed. I do notice a lot of the same English voices in games though.

Some seiyuus are easy to identify due to the way they are typecast.

E.g Rie Kugimiya who did Rise (Persona 4) is known as the queen of Tsunderes, from roles such as Louise (Zero no Tsukaima) to the famous Taiga (from Light Novel turned anime adaptation Toradora) and many more.

Since I started off with anime, I find it fun identifying certain seiyuus in games. Some are easy due to how they always sound the same...haha.

E.g for male seiyuus, I adore Hiro Shimono a lot. (Akihisa Yoshii from Baka to Test, Keima Katsuragi from The World God Only Knows). Had a huge grin on my face when I came across Afin, the first NPC that I encountered in Phantasy Star Online 2. I was like..wait a minute..I KNOW THIS VOICE!

Anyway...on topic: anyone been playing the Guided Fate Paradox by NISA (developer and publisher of the Disgaea games)?

Heard all 9 of the Muse members have a role in the game. Curious to find out but man..I already got quite a bit of backlog to deal with...

m0t0k1

Some seiyuus are easy to identify due to the way they are typecast.

E.g Rie Kugimiya who did Rise (Persona 4) is known as the queen of Tsunderes, from roles such as Louise (Zero no Tsukaima) to the famous Taiga (from Light Novel turned anime adaptation Toradora) and many more.

Since I started off with anime, I find it fun identifying certain seiyuus in games. Some are easy due to how they always sound the same...haha.

E.g for male seiyuus, I adore Hiro Shimono a lot. (Akihisa Yoshii from Baka to Test, Keima Katsuragi from The World God Only Knows). Had a huge grin on my face when I came across Afin, the first NPC that I encountered in Phantasy Star Online 2. I was like..wait a minute..I KNOW THIS VOICE!

Anyway...on topic: anyone been playing the Guided Fate Paradox by NISA (developer and publisher of the Disgaea games)?

Heard all 9 of the Muse members have a role in the game. Curious to find out but man..I already got quite a bit of backlog to deal with...

Wow that is funny i watched toradora like a month ago and i did not even notice she had the same voice as the others i mentioned. I did watch zero a long time ago but now that i think about it that was the first time i heard Rie her voice :p. Sadly i don;t watched the male side of your post. But yeah it can be funny to hear the same voice especially if they switch the voice up a bit.
Americans had a horrible time with 4kids dubs it seems. lol
I watched yu gi oh in dutch. It was alright it was one of the last cartoons that was done with different voice actors until disney took over and everything went straight to hell in the dubbing department.

Mokoi

Banned
Season 2 was fantastic. So sad it's going to be over soon (last episode is probably finishing its broadcast as I'm typing this).

Worth it for this scene alone

That was a great scene. Rin did a perfect maki.

I don't know what I am going to do when its over

I don't what I am going to do too. I'm scared.

Obviously. Miyuki Sawashiro is always the best waifu.

Your opinion is wrong best seiyuu waifu is Tanaka, Rie

m0t0k1

have 492 wabbits atm, not sure how many more I will stock up before using them, maybe when I get 1000

lmao

How many points are you on now? I am at 3000 points with about 700 rabbits so if i calculate correctly. i am arround 7500 points. So i have still a long way to go. Also made a better version of that you quoted.
http://www.imetore-propose.net/pc/play.php?id=3har6HNBVAXpyZ25

Shit that was great. Laughed so damm hard. Going to have fun making these. http://www.imetore-propose.net/pc/pl...bDyoUh4loKsNpy
Lol that one is great!

m0t0k1

I got 382 tokes. Going to save up to 1,000 then call it quits for this event.

So good, and its not entirely wrong. Have used money on love live merch.

Lol... ;__;

I have 16361 points right now

I knew mokoi was high but safs aint no slouch either damn. I just play for my daily goal of 1100 so i am still good. Also just waisted 25lp in the jpn version did an expert song completed it and when the connecting should appear instead it got an error ;_;

I think I might safely be in the top 200 for the song ranking. Those numbers don't move much and I'm around 130 now and should go up a bit by the end. Gonna probably need to spend some Loveca to get into the top 1000 for the event. Damned if I make the same mistake as last time.

m0t0k1

Its easy to be motivated by Umi

Mokoi and you putting up a lot of points in this event is impressive, I am interested into how many you will rack up during Nozomi/Rin events

Yeah it is an impressive feat that you guys pull. I am also aiming for a single SR umi I am not behind schedule only takes a little while longer before i reach that goal. No hurries :)

Mokoi

Banned
For Nozomi's event I'll try to hit 100k if it is a collect things event. I don't have the free time to do that for Umi's event

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My goals for Umi, Maki, and Kotori events are to get the second SR. Will try to get a third one if close enough. Eli is the only one that I will get a third one no matter what. Everyone else is the minimum unless I suddenly feel like getting a second one and don't have to spend more than 5 gems.

Mazre

Woooo! Event song FC'd on hard. Now I just have to do it again with a UR assist...and then play it another 20-30 times for my SR.

Edit: Finally found a UR Umi, and managed a second FC. Puts me very close to my effective song score cap, have a few levels to go on my cool team and can still cut down on some of the greats but that's about it.

Yui

New anime episode spoiler!

For realz Spoiler!!

So the first opening was their last live all along huh?
I'm so sad right now. Q_Q

I really hope they do the right thing next week and just continue muse as a regular idol group.
And call their school branch chibi muse or something. The whole school idol thing already served it's purpose and is really just an extra at this point.
Srsly, they can't disband the group in the only kind of canon story we have and just continue with all the CDs, games and merch like nothing happened.

The Feelings!

redhairedking

Yes indeed...

2Uxp5Mn.jpg

By the way, where can I find pics of Maki in her Natsuiro Egao de 1, 2, Jump! outfit? Trying to make an iPhone wallpaper, but can't find any good quality pics. =/

1. That gif is destroying me
2. If you make an iPhone wallpaper I would love it if you could share it

Mokoi

Banned
By the way, where can I find pics of Maki in her Natsuiro Egao de 1, 2, Jump! outfit? Trying to make an iPhone wallpaper, but can't find any good quality pics. =/

I don't where you can find good pics of her in that outfit, but I do have these Maki's saved.

1. That gif is destroying me
2. If you make an iPhone wallpaper I would love it if you could share it

This gif is better

PCEpDDt.gif

MSMrRound

New anime episode spoiler!

For realz Spoiler!!

So the first opening was their last live all along huh?

Kind of mind-blown about that...ahahhaa.

EPISODE SPOILERS!

Aww A-Rise cheering for them...and Honoka's dad is still the best. So many flashbacks to the original final episode of season 1..e.g Kotori's and Maki's mom cheering them together. Yea, so glad that was the final song.

Wow that is funny i watched toradora like a month ago and i did not even notice she had the same voice as the others i mentioned. I did watch zero a long time ago but now that i think about it that was the first time i heard Rie her voice :p. Sadly i don;t watched the male side of your post. But yeah it can be funny to hear the same voice especially if they switch the voice up a bit.

I watched yu gi oh in dutch. It was alright it was one of the last cartoons that was done with different voice actors until disney took over and everything went straight to hell in the dubbing department.

Uh, strange, when disney started dubbing all thing into castillian spanish at the beggining of the 90's it was all top quality stuff for us. Their climax was in House of Mouse, I think that had to be the most expensive dub done in a series here ever. Of course the voice acting director was the great (RIP) Carlos Revilla, he also was the director of most of the well dub series during the 90's (the simpsons, seinfeld, the muppets, Futurama...) until he died and all went to the shitter :( Disney dubbing now is not that bad, but very far from the glory of the 90's.

Nothing beats a jelly filled donut. (I remember watching this as a kid and thinking "wtf?")

lol, I remember seeing that video. Its funny becuase the spanish translation came directly from the 4kids version (opening, pokemon voices, character names, etc...) but they still called japanese food (and other silly "censored" things of the 4kids version) by their name.
Ive seen some Doraemon videos of the version america is going to get and holy shit if it's censored and amarecanized to hell and back. It's a pity really, so late and so bad.

Jintor

I think Tora actually is kinda outside her normal, but it definitely starts around there

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Mermaid Festa is still the only one I need to FC on eng version. I either get the hard part down and mess up something after or get everything but the hard part.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Episode 12 was cute. I guess it answered my question on whether or not they'd drag the whole thing out for another season.

Encoruuuuuuu~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom