• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
waaa you're more than halfway to event Eli

With this damn Umi event, I may just wait until 4x for Eli event

Yeah, I've been monitoring my time like crazy and waking up 5 and half hours into sleep to play a song. Haven't used any loveca, but I really wanna try and get a second one if possible. Waiting until the last two days to see if it'll be possible. Hopefully I can do it with only 10 gems :x

Mokoi

Banned
It's hard! I went on a huge anime watching binge once I started getting into anime like last year, and now I don't really know what to watch anymore, so I pretty much just watch JoJo and Love Live episodes. I still haven't seen the last 2 episodes of Love Live or JoJo yet, too much into Dark Souls right now. The second OP in season one of JoJo hyped me up every morning when I had to go to class starting at 7 all last spring haha

You're not using the drake sword are you? Don't be a scrub.

Markun

That was kinda quick, are you gonna try to idolize her?

Yeah. I've already accepted that I'm really bad at saving up free Loveca so I may as well blow them on events and get a pretty idolized version. I've already done it with the last two events. <_>

I know what I'm doing right now won't even last until next month but by God I'm gonna do it!

Kincaido

Yeah. I've already accepted that I'm really bad at saving up free Loveca so I may as well blow them on events and get a pretty idolized version. I've already done it with the last two events. <_>

I know what I'm doing right now won't even last until next month but by God I'm gonna do it!

Out of curiosity, how many loveca have you used?

Hugstable

Banned
Good job. Also curse you I'm getting really hyped to go, and finish DS2 now.

I've been on a roll playing these games since having started with Demon's Souls, so Dark Souls 2 is next up on the list after this. I never expected to get this much into the series as much as I did. I'm just hoping Dark Souls 2 hits a 50% daily sometime this sale, either way though, I'll be buying it at 33% on the last day anyway. Already took out the Butterfly no problem, now I have no clue where to go haha.

Huggy pls watch the latest Love Lives, they were both really good

Yee I plan on watching both tonight, don't have to worry about my score in the event so much anymore now that I'm just coasting and rasing my score only a bit each day. I don't think I used any Loveca the last 2 days.

Souls games... I started Dark Souls after my winter semester was over last year. I rage quit while I was still making my way through Undead Burg. When I went back to it something clicked and I fell in love with the series.

I'll admit, I was a noob who used Drake Sword all the way up to Ornstein and Smough. :X

Kincaido

I kept count this time. I used 13. I used less this time around because I'm at a higher level this time.

Ah, thanks. Hopefully my 10 will be able to get me another. I really regret doing those single pulls OTL

It's hard! I went on a huge anime watching binge once I started getting into anime like last year, and now I don't really know what to watch anymore, so I pretty much just watch JoJo and Love Live episodes. I still haven't seen the last 2 episodes of Love Live or JoJo yet, too much into Dark Souls right now. The second OP in season one of JoJo hyped me up every morning when I had to go to class starting at 7 all last spring haha
Believe it or not, all the JoJo openings and episodes really helped me out last year(and this) just because I like them so much and I was always going to be in for a treat. But I lack motivation to do anything, so...

Mokoi

Banned
I've been on a roll playing these games since having started with Demon's Souls, so Dark Souls 2 is next up on the list after this. I never expected to get this much into the series as much as I did. I'm just hoping Dark Souls 2 hits a 50% daily sometime this sale, either way though, I'll be buying it at 33% on the last day anyway. Already took out the Butterfly no problem, now I have no clue where to go haha.

Ring the second bell below? wait have you even rung the first. Also maybe you can get luckly and win my giveaway.

Souls games... I started Dark Souls after my winter semester was over last year. I rage quit while I was still making my way through Undead Burg. When I went back to it something clicked and I fell in love with the series.

I'll admit, I was a noob who used Drake Sword all the way up to Ornstein and Smough. :X

You should be ashmed of yourself.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Stopped at 17859 tonight. Will hit 20k no problem tomorrow - aiming more for 22k so Wednesday will be a little less painful! Woo!

Hugstable

Banned
Ring the second bell below? wait have you even rung the first. Also maybe you can get luckly and win my giveaway.

Yeah I rung the first bell in the Parish already, I think i have a key to the other part of the undead burg. By below, do you mean the area below Fire Link where you take that lift all the way down? Should i also have gone into the Basin area of the forest?

Edit: damn that DS session was so long I forgot my LP already recharged. I think I'm gonna use my ears tonight.

Yeah I rung the first bell in the Parish already, I think i have a key to the other part of the undead burg. By below, do you mean the are below Fire Link where you take that lift all the way down? Should i also have gone into the Basin area of the forest?

Edit: damn that DS session was so long I forgot my LP already recharged. I think I'm gonna use my ears tonight.

There are several ways to get there.

If you have the master key, you can get to Blighttown through the New Londo Ruins. If not, you can go back to the bridge with the dragon and use the key you found at the church to get to the depths.

I am ashamed. I'm also ashamed that as a STR character I switched from Drake Sword to Quelaag's Furysword. I'm so noob @ DS1. :(

Anony

wow, my event ranking is in the high 2000's
if the points arent going to spike on the last day, i think i might have a chance at getting top 2000

(who am i kidding, the rankings are gonna fucking spike on the last day)

hmmmm....

Bq3wDNPCcAAJgq5.png:large

Paprikka

Looks like the double gold bonus started up again, glad we get a 15 LP song at the start this time. Can't bring myself to do non-15 LP songs during an event unless I need to maximize LP usage before a level up.

Kincaido

Yeah, I've been playing Wild Stars all day because of the gold. It is one of the songs I need to still play 100 times, so it works for me.

Jintor

Does anyone feel like there's a half second of FPS dipping just as the first notes come out? Can't tell if it's just because the beat hasn't been established yet so my eyes are wigging out

DiGiKerot

Not as exciting as an SR or a UR drop for most, I'd imagine, but I was feeling maximum lucky this morning to get Cool R Eli as my free Normal draw this morning - it was my last unIdolised R card, and pretty much (short of an SR/UR I'm not going to throw the cash at trying to get) exactly what I needed to increasing the ceiling on my event song score just the tiniest bit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I find it funny that the one idol show* that doesn't have CG dance routines in iDOLM@STER which is based on a game consisting entirely of CG dance routines.

*I should note that Wake Up Girls doesn't use CG for the dances just other parts. But the animation quality is rather poor.

Chariot

Kinda didn't expect this high to be honest.

So even if we have a huge drop from vol 2(which is most likely) it will still be extremely high.
Nether did I. First season had like something between 10~20k if my memory is right, which is impressive for itself, but the jump is insane and Love Live never felt like a hyped show. And neither should it in my eyes. I mean, it's fun at all, but I wish the success to shows, I really think of "good". And when I think at the time e.g. Shinesekai Yori only sold 700 BD/DVDs, I'm gonna cry :(

raven777

Nether did I. First season had like something between 10~20k if my memory is right, which is impressive for itself, but the jump is insane and Love Live never felt like a hyped show. And neither should it in my eyes. I mean, it's fun at all, but I wish the success to shows, I really think of "good". And when I think at the time e.g. Shinesekai Yori only sold 700 BD/DVDs, I'm gonna cry :(

well, LoveLive!'s popularity before S1 and S2 is completely different. Not many people really knew or cared about this "project" until anime S1 aired. Now with S1's strong performance + the song sales + school idol festival game helped establish a strong fan base. And vol.1 include the live even ticket which people want it like crazy.

Even you include all those factors in to account it's still mighty impressive sales number.

I expect vol. 2 to sell about 30~40k.

Chariot

True enough. But it's still mindboogeling, how that show out of nowhrere did that, when we have far bigger staffers and franchises on other projects. Plus: the show isn't that fantastic, related to other shows in their seasons.
Man, I really wish I had a bigger picture how this stuff works in Japan. Seriously lacking information here.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Out of nowhere? I was in Japan during the run up to the second series and it was THE show being advertised everywhere. They were pushing it hard!

Chariot

If there's anything sales charts should teach you it's that quality is not the definitive factor to sales success
It doesn't stop me from being sad. :(
Out of nowhere? I was in Japan during the run up to the second series and it was THE show being advertised everywhere. They were pushing it hard!
Ok, this is one point where I want to live in Japan. I just see the stuff the english internet throws around.

raven777

True enough. But it's still mindboogeling, how that show out of nowhrere did that, when we have far bigger staffers and franchises on other projects. Plus: the show isn't that fantastic, related to other shows in their seasons.
Man, I really wish I had a bigger picture how this stuff works in Japan. Seriously lacking information here.

it's kinda similar to how AKB48 are doing in music CD sales. Their sales are crazy and beating everyone else by big margin because the CDs include idol event application ticket. So the more application ticket you have, the higher chance that you will get selected. That's why you have fans who buy 100s and 1000s of CDs per person.

very similar with LoveLive!. The first volume include the Live show application ticket. So hardcore fans buy multiple number of Blurays to get as much applications as they can.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have an application ticket to a YuruYuri concert that I never used (for obvious reasons).

Maybe I should have sold it, but I really didn't want to go through a load of hassle dealing with a system I don't know much about.

Jintor

The typical image of the hardcore fan who buys 1000s of blurays or cds is of some house-bound hikkimori, but on further reflection there must be people who can hold down jobs doing this. Probably low-mid tier jobs and they're not putting money into savings or something

I wonder if someone's done a study on this.

Kincaido

Game just crashed for the first time ever on me during a song. Right when I started the event song. Goodbye 45 patchs OTL

Damn life and school and work.
Only at 5900 event points. And can't play tomorrow either so unless I use up all my loveca I ain't getting the event card this time.

rip Umi.

DiGiKerot

well, LoveLive!'s popularity before S1 and S2 is completely different. Not many people really knew or cared about this "project" until anime S1 aired. Now with S1's strong performance + the song sales + school idol festival game helped establish a strong fan base. And vol.1 include the live even ticket which people want it like crazy.

Even you include all those factors in to account it's still mighty impressive sales number.

I expect vol. 2 to sell about 30~40k.

The important thing to note is that it's not an event ticket, it's an event lottery ticket - factored with the fact that it was comparatively cheap, you had people picking up a ton of copies so that they can enter as many times as possible, in hope of either just getting seats, or getting better seats. If all you cared about was the actual show on the disk, you could apparently pick up code-stripped used copies on day of release for as little as 100yen.

m0t0k1

Damn life and school and work.
Only at 5900 event points. And can't play tomorrow either so unless I use up all my loveca I ain't getting the event card this time.

rip Umi.

i am at 6300 points and 600 rabbits left i think it is going to be close for me maybe even have to throw a loveca or 2 in it just to make it.

froliq

The typical image of the hardcore fan who buys 1000s of blurays or cds is of some house-bound hikkimori, but on further reflection there must be people who can hold down jobs doing this. Probably low-mid tier jobs and they're not putting money into savings or something

I wonder if someone's done a study on this.

You make it sound like everyone in the world spends their money wisely. People buy what they like, can't miss that concert!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do normal songs have EX tracks in the JP version? If so, how do you unlock them? I don't see them!!!

Also, rank 149 after sleep, so that's good. Shouldn't be too difficult to maintain! Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom