• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

I really only know how to do auto combo's with p4a :lol Never dived enough in the game mechanics to learn combo's that is why i love the game anyone can play.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I avoid this song every chance i get. But i still want to FC it someday but the song just wont click with me.

I'm starting to feel like I could FC with my eyes closed. I think I played it some 15 times in a row yesterday. Just kept going and going and going...

Sort of related, it's awesome how much harder the songs in the JP version are. I love these 9*+ songs that kick my ass. I really hope we start to see some of these in the ENG version since they really are a TON of fun.

m0t0k1

I'm starting to feel like I could FC with my eyes closed. I think I played it some 15 times in a row yesterday. Just kept going and going and going...

Sort of related, it's awesome how much harder the songs in the JP version are. I love these 9*+ songs that kick my ass. I really hope we start to see some of these in the ENG version since they really are a TON of fun.

I can survive them only with 9 recover idols and barely get a c on them not even a c combo. But i am getting better at them yes they are fun but they make my fingers hurt by bashing those notes.

Hugstable

Banned
After playing the JP version and seeing some of their hard songs and EX difficulty, my fingers are gonna die out haha. I like the progression though, the new event song got me much better at the hold notes.

Mokoi

Banned
So happy my Cd's came in today.

SN3Vi6ll.jpg

Mokoi

Banned
Oh god, what have I become??

Bq6nLw1CEAADcXA.jpg

Hrmm... I need to order a bunch of those. I wonder if Kino or someone'll have them available at AX.

Nice pick ups. I want to get idolm@ster, but not being able to read Japanese is a no go. Also yeah you should order all the cd's except for one idol.

Mokoi

Banned
I haven't spent any money on Love Live yet. :)

Tsk Tsk Tsk, not even for the Nico.

iAPgLTJ5qW2ZZ.gif

Since when did Nico working for money? All the nine girls have no idea about of money, since there is wild merchandise floating around and they don't go for legal action.

Well, at least Maki is rich.

I like to believe Kotori's mom is the one putting all the merch for sale, and banking it off her daughter.

Does the game have any sort of "time played" counter? The only other mobile game I've ever played for any significant amount of time has been The Pinball Arcade. But I think its almost scary how much I've played of this, frankly, simplistic rhythm game.

Tsk Tsk Tsk, not even for the Nico.

iAPgLTJ5qW2ZZ.gif

I like to believe Kotori's mom is the one putting all the merch for sale, and banking it off her daughter.

Maybe there's some Japanese school idol equivalent of the NCAA where they market and merchandize idol groups but can't actually pay the idols themselves because they're technically amateur "student idols."

Mokoi

Banned
Maki should buy that legendary Blu-Ray box set for poor Kayo-chin too!

hehe, that would be another reason Kotori was so secretive about her job

You know it's pretty funny how they have merchandise of others idols. Including a giant poster of A-rise in their clubroom.

m0t0k1

I always thought this was the case? How else would they have a private jet for wonderful rush. And all these big stages with fireworks and shit.

m0t0k1

Sooo... in extension Kotori is rich, too? I always liked her voice.

Yeah her house from what we have seen look pretty big but not maki big. Its kinda like the rich kid of your local school level. Not has 1 huge mansion + multiple vacation mansions but one big nice house.

chrono01

My weekend of grinding tokens paid off. I managed to [finally] FC the Umi event song, as well as obtain the SR card. I still have more tokens to use, as well as Loveca, but I'm waiting until my LP replenishes so I can get a Rank Up and not waste them.

I'm going to be using a lot of Loveca over the next few days. I really want that second Umi SR, and with Kotori [while I managed to obtain the second one] it was a little too close for my liking. I'm going to be more prepared this time.

damn Umi's 1,2 Jump re-release figure is sold out on amiami already

I mean they should get more, which would be good and bad for me but man
That's typical for Kotobukiya releases. She'll likely have more stock available tonight and the next few nights, before she becomes truly "sold out" Even then, keep checking back, as they're restocked periodically up to release.

Anony

my parts came, i just need to get it from the mailbox which i dont have the keys to

which layout is better:
GYfgavb.jpg

or
0.jpg

i think the first one is way more ergonomic, the on screen layout makes the most logical sense

m0t0k1

my parts came, i just need to get it from the mailbox which i dont have the keys to

which layout is better:
GYfgavb.jpg

or
0.jpg

i think the first one is way more ergonomic, the on screen layout makes the most logical sense

I saw that guy play on the original layout. But you have to move your hands to reach all the buttons if you have that big of a pad so more movement means less time to react to the notes. So the first one gives the most rest to your wrist and less movements with your hands. But go for the one you think is the best.

I have a question about the 4x thing on the JPN event.
During that time, it will cost 180 tokens to play a Hard song. But what if you end up with 179 tokens? Is it impossible to play a Hard song or is the 1x version still available in order to use your last tokens?

which layout is better:
https://i.imgur.com/GYfgavb.jpg
or
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/XKGek7CySLw/0.jpg

The first layout doesn't seem easy to use because it's too much different from the original. But maybe with a bit of practice, it's actually better. I don't know...
Sorry for being totally useless :p

m0t0k1

I have a question about the 4x thing on the JPN event.
During that time, it will cost 180 tokens to play a Hard song. But what if you end up with 179 tokens? Is it impossible to play a Hard song or is the 1x version still available in order to use your last tokens?

The first layout doesn't seem easy to use because it's too much different from the original. But maybe with a bit of practice, it's actually better. I don't know...
Sorry for being totally useless :p

Yes both versions are available. So you can use both the difference is that you need to download even more to play the 4x version. But remember it does not give 4x the experience or gold. So it is more for the lazy people or people with less time. Also check out both set ups for the pad. the original form was his first pad. Lot of movement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMdS6m_vSYg
so he made this new form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAdWKBs9eKM
Less movement more time to react. So yeah i think the second looks better but still not ideal.

chrono01

Hmm they try to get people who are undecided to pre-order as soon as she's available again eh

Do you think that figure would lean?
Not sure exactly why they stagger pre-orders. Maybe it's to give people a chance on high-demand items, so if they're not on the night of the initial pre-orders they still have a way of getting her?

As for leaning, I doubt it. Most manufacturers, especially those from respected companies, never have issues with leaning. It was a problem several years ago, but now it's very rare [unless it's from a smaller company with less-than ideal quality control]. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm tempted to grab her myself. Umi is my favorite, but then I'd feel obligated to collect the entire set. We will see!

elhaym

Hooray, finally FCd Love Novels. Kept making really really stupid mistakes on things like hold->triple note sequences.

Bq7Yhg8CUAIfVHT.jpg:small

(also, I just found out how to force Twitter images to be smaller, YAY)

I'm going to send my tablet in for repair. After re-seating the digitizer cable the touch screen works great but as soon as I put that back plate back on the tablet it must come a bit loose and the touch screen doesn't work in certain areas. :\

Now I'm going to have to get used to playing on my phone.

But remember it does not give 4x the experience or gold.
Yeah, I remember reading that. That's a pity but I'm too lazy to use all my tokens without 4x.
Anyway, good to know that both versions will be available!
so he made this new form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAdWKBs9eKM
Less movement more time to react. So yeah i think the second looks better but still not ideal.
Indeed, this looks more relaxing to play than the original version.

fek

I think that Umi has a good chance of getting a rerelease from KotoUS too, would be cheaper to get it if it happens.

Mazre

SR Umi get. Will probably try to push my song score up a bit more and try for a ticket but other than that I'm pretty much finished with this event. Also snagged another R from song reward, though it was my 4th cool Umi.

Boo. Something's wrong with my phone. It can't seem to register two simultaneous touch input. Needless to say, this destroys my School Idol Festival-playing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom