• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're having trouble with the rhythm this video helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTc1D9m_jT8

Though I'm still in the same boat after getting all the parts down, haven't been able to string them all together in a single play yet.

I've been using that and I feel the same way. Get one part done well and then mess up another. I think the switch from tablet to phone is harder than I thought. The screen is so much smaller and I'm just not used to it yet. Doesn't help that I did my marathon of rabbit sacrifices when it's late and I'm tired.

I still have 200 left, I'll try tomorrow morning.

Though I'm still in the same boat after getting all the parts down, haven't been able to string them all together in a single play yet.
Same here. I've come ridiculously close a few times but 1-2 'goods' always manage to sneak in somewhere. Though honestly, given where I was on the song a few days ago (when I figured there was absolutely no chance of me getting a FC on keyboard) I'm satisfied enough with getting this close.

Azusa

Same here. I've come ridiculously close a few times but 1-2 'goods' always manage to sneak in somewhere. Though honestly, given where I was on the song a few days ago (when I figured there was absolutely no chance of me getting a FC on keyboard) I'm satisfied enough with getting this close.

Yeah, one Good all the time ( ≧Д≦)
I just don't know what to do with it anymore.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Found some Love Live love in Kyoto.

wp_20140626_17_03_04_nbkq6.jpg

wp_20140626_17_03_53_9tjru.jpg

The store this photo came from was full of 18+ manga.... I was not prepared to go from idols to that so quickly. Another store had a display where people had left messages for Nozomi's birthday but they didn't allow photos. I might garb Maki solo before I leave, not sure. All my airport grinding put my in the top 200 but I don't have any time to play now so I'm sure I'll drop pretty far. If I drop out of the 1000 though that's going to suck.

PewPewK

So will the EN version ever catch up to the JP, or do you think they're going to purposefully hold back and slow updates so that we're constantly behind?

Intuitively, I'd think they'd want to catch us up, but hell if I know.

Draxal

So will the EN version ever catch up to the JP, or do you think they're going to purposefully hold back and slow updates so that we're constantly behind?

Well, since we're a year and a two months behind Japan, and the Taiwanese one is blowing past us and it was released later, its really doubtful.

Found some Love Live love in Kyoto.

The store this photo came from was full of 18+ manga.... I was not prepared to go from idols to that so quickly. Another store had a display where people had left messages for Nozomi's birthday but they didn't allow photos. I might garb Maki solo before I leave, not sure. All my airport grinding put my in the top 200 but I don't have any time to play now so I'm sure I'll drop pretty far. If I drop out of the 1000 though that's going to suck.

Go to Nipponbashi in Osaka and you'll see Love Live everywhere.

froliq

I'm thinking they will keep it like this. They keep the speed of when the updates came to JP while that version keeps going. So we'll always be about a year behind. I can't see them giving us 3 events a month and overlapping them with the free SR pulls.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seriously, going upstairs was the big mistake though however.

I remember when I went to Japan years ago with my parents. I was looking for Ouendan, which was surprisingly hard to find (finally found it on my last day), and spotted an electronic store that said PSP upstairs. Well PSP = games = a chance to find Ouendan so I went in.

On the escalator going up the posters on the wall started getting raunchier and raunchier and then it hit me, the sign was actually saying PSP UMD movies upstairs, and not just any type of movies, yes, I had arrived at the JAV floor with my parents right behind me. The kicker here is that the escalator down was on the other side of the floor so we had to walk through the aisles of JAV to get to it.

m0t0k1

I remember when I went to Japan years ago with my parents. I was looking for Ouendan, which was surprisingly hard to find (finally found it on my last day), and spotted an electronic store that said PSP upstairs. Well PSP = games = a chance to find Ouendan so I went in.

On the escalator going up the posters on the wall started getting raunchier and raunchier and then it hit me, the sign was actually saying PSP UMD movies upstairs, and not just any type of movies, yes, I had arrived at the JAV floor with my parents right behind me. The kicker here is that the escalator down was on the other side of the floor so we had to walk through the aisles of JAV to get to it.

These are the best kind of bonding experience a child and his parents can get. Nothing tells a child i love you more then giving him JAV for his birthday. Silly bird trying to get Ouendan when Ouendan 2 is superior.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
These are the best kind of bonding experience a child and his parents can get. Nothing tells a child i love you more then giving him JAV for his birthday. Silly bird trying to get Ouendan when Ouendan 2 is superior.

How could one buy Ouendan 2 in 2006?

m0t0k1

How could one buy Ouendan 2 in 2006?

Time machines!!!
I did not know you went in 2006

On a more serious note. I really miss importing Nintendo games. I still want the 3ds miku games, SMT4 and most of all Rune factory 4 and many more but yeah region lock.

Ugh I hate the even song, the only part it makes sense is the middle part.
Some holds in the first and last sections are totally out of rhythm and use a different pattern (the ones that are short holds with another notes that seems to go at the smae speed of the last holding note but its false, it goes faster, I dont have a problem with the ones that do the same but are longer holds).
Ive seen the video and I cant full combo to save my life. Thanks good it's ultra easy (strangely so) and they give you rank S at the middle of the song.

So now im just getting the part that I found difficult right and a part that I find easy im out of rhythm. Two times the same thing now. Figures.
Just 1 good from full combo.... FUCK YOU SONG!

EDIT:
YEEEEEEEEEEES! full comboed finally.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The first one listed on the wiki is Mermaid Festa Vol 2, maybe we would start with that one

But apparently theres "groups"' in the game each player is a part of and the daily song you get is dependent on that

I just played Mermaid Festa Vol 2 on the JP version. Neat song, but I prefer the original. :3

Took me a while, but I finally FC event song! Those shortened holds at the end kept tripping me up after I had everything else down. Then I realized I was holding for too long. The rhythm came together after that.

fek

Had a dream about Love Live last night. In the dream I was talking with Nozomi and she told me 2nd season wasn't going to end this week and instead it would have 26 episodes. Really unfortunate that I woke up, but I can only hope it was a spiritual message from Nozomi and something will happen this weekend.

Jintor

Ugh I hate the even song, the only part it makes sense is the middle part.
Some holds in the first and last sections are totally out of rhythm and use a different pattern (the ones that are short holds with another notes that seems to go at the smae speed of the last holding note but its false, it goes faster, I dont have a problem with the ones that do the same but are longer holds).
Ive seen the video and I cant full combo to save my life. Thanks good it's ultra easy (strangely so) and they give you rank S at the middle of the song.

I've gotten to the point where I can reliably fc the whole thing without really having to pay attention. It's absolutely locked to the rhythm, man, just not the one you expect

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nozomi keeping in gangsta.

Just watched episode 11. They are really aiming for those feels moments, especially the end of episode 11 :(. Gonna watch 12 now, but 11 made me so sad.

Series 2? Because I was laughing. Sorry, but the sadness was spread on so thick it was ridiculous.

Hugstable

Banned
Ehh this was my thoughts on it. Maki knows whats up.

LaYho2Ol.png

It was better than the first seasons drama at least haha. They did kinda shove it all into one point after they get to the beach. I think I liked it just because I overall actually liked this season way more compared to the first one. Are they still going to be Love Live stuff after this show?

Edit: I don't think anything will bring out the full on feels though like Battle Tendency JoJo did on Episdoe 20 though. That episode got me big time

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah it definitely was better than 1st season, and I hope so. However, that is very unlikely unless sunrise wants to milk some more money out of the fans.

T_T
I'm sad too. I've played only PSP releases.
I only played this game on my DS because you can actually use the styluses to drum on the touch screen, which is fun to do! :-D
But then, I played the arcade version with the "real" taiko and it felt a bit ridiculous to go back to hammering my small DS screen with my small styluses...

i woke up to the realization that going for rank 1000 is a waste of time and i already got sr umi... and went back to sleep.

then woke up promptly because oh shit its a work day.

Jintor

I need to set an alarm I think so I can get SR umi without spending loveca

fuck! this is because I forgot to play on the train on the way up to the city. by the time I remembered there was nowhere to sit and play

/edit ridley the short notes at the end of the event song are mostly following the bass

Jintor

oh thank god, i levelled and the lp refill should be able to push me over the line for umi so I can get a decent night's sleep

Wow! I thought i was not going to get the umi card, but at the end I only have to go 1000 more points to get. I think I will need to use one or two lovecas but im actually getting it.

Before playing this morning I thought it was going to be impossible (didnt use my rabbit event points. In fact Ive been playing that song like 3 hours total today).

But ive been playing like 3 or 4 sessions a day only, maybe playing a 9 song with the LP left after palying 3 Wild Stars in each session helped.

I need to set an alarm I think so I can get SR umi without spending loveca

fuck! this is because I forgot to play on the train on the way up to the city. by the time I remembered there was nowhere to sit and play

/edit ridley the short notes at the end of the event song are mostly following the bass

Yep, headphones had helped me alot with the song. Now I can full combo it without much problem.

volgihn

So i could easily make it to the top 200 but I don't know if its worth spending my love gems. Does anyone know which idol the next event will feature. Might be worth saving my love gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom