• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Well 23,233 is my final total. It should be enough to stay within the Top 1000 since the cut-off is just under 21,000, but I'm still concerned.

Here's hoping!

chrono01

Only 17000 points compared to my 21000 last time. No loveca spent this time, saving it for Nico. :)
Not too bad!

It's certainly easier when you have more LP to work with. That way you don't have to worry about "wasting" LP when you can't play [i.e., sleeping], and you get more use out of it when you Rank Up/use a Loveca.

I'm looking forward to getting around 70-80 LP, so I can comfortably sleep 7-8 hours and not have to worry about wasted LP.

Paprikka

So apparently this game takes more battery power to run than I recharge while I have my phone plugged in. I got down to 5% before deciding not to risk it. Hoping a 15 minute break is long enough for me to power though the last hour, especially since I'm still 500 points from rank 1000.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
28486 points and 1 patch left. I think there's one more hour since I remember the Kotori event counting down the minutes. My right pointer finger kindas hurts lol......

So apparently this game takes more battery power to run than I recharge while I have my phone plugged in. I got down to 5% before deciding not to risk it. Hoping a 15 minute break is long enough for me to power though the last hour, especially since I'm still 500 points from rank 1000.

Umm...
t1403859600z0.png

You have 5 minutes. GL!

EDIT: Is timer wrong in OP? I'm not sure.

Paprikka

Yeah timer in the op is off by an hour. Also all the x2 gold bonuses end at the same time as the event, and once they go under an hour its broken down into minutes. When it says 1 hour it means between 1 and 2 hours.

Hachitora

Either way I won't get enough tokens to play the event song again, so I might as well head to sleep. I guess I'll set an alarm for when maintenance ends. See ya later, LLGaf. Can't wait to feel the joy (and despair) with you later

m0t0k1

Why must summer time always mess up my timers ;_; make it staaaahpp

edit: i did mention last night it would probably off by an hour phoenix but was not sure then i went to sleep and did not edit it :p

Why must summer time always mess up my timers ;_; make it staaaahpp

edit: i did mention last night it would probably off by an hour phoenix but was not sure then i went to sleep and did not edit it :p

I blame you for my current despair. :p

Who's running this show? Why did they decide to start and stop this event when I want to sleep.

chrono01

This actually works out okay for me, since I'm just about to rank up, so if I play a Normal song for 7 LP [currently just need 16 to gain another rank] that will give me 17, and then I can play a couple more 15 LP songs on Hard, gain a few more tokens, and hopefully spend them in-time.

Granted I think I'm okay with my current position, but a little insurance couldn't hurt.

m0t0k1

I blame you for my current despair. :p

Who's running this show? Why did they decide to start and stop this event when I want to sleep.

yeah it is driving me crazy i thought they would not calculate summer time into the edited times so i just removed an hour of the timer. because last time i believe they didn't and now they did. i have timer despair ;_; and going crazy. Well next time i will get it right
probably not
. The japanese timer will probably be off by an hour then too now :lol

Well time is pretty convenient over here. stops exactly at midday. so i could get a good night sleep and still play for a bit if i did not already have the umi sr.

I think I should adopt Mokoi's way of playing. These four hour alarms to maximize LP have me really cranky by the end of the event. Sometimes I'll wake up after four hours and can't go back to sleep so I just make it through the rest of the day super tired.
I WANT TO SLEEP SO BAD OGAWD MAKE IT STOP

m0t0k1

I think I should adopt Mokoi's way of playing. These four hour alarms to maximize LP have me really cranky by the end of the event. Sometimes I'll wake up after four hours and can't go back to sleep so I just make it through the rest of the day super tired.
I WANT TO SLEEP SO BAD OGAWD MAKE IT STOP

Just a little bit more. Once you reach around rank 80 you should have around 75lp i guess? gets you a nice 7,5 hours of sleep before your charge is complete. Or just sleep a bit more who cares about 2 hours of lp :p. Last thing is just to aim for a second SR with your favourite idol and just do normal with the rest also gets you plenty of sleep.

Just a little bit more. Once you reach around rank 80 you should have around 75lp i guess? gets you a nice 7,5 hours of sleep before your charge is complete. Or just sleep a bit more who cares about 2 hours of lp :p. Last thing is just to aim for a second SR with your favourite idol and just do normal with the rest also gets you plenty of sleep.

I stop playing in-between events as to not get burned out of the game so that is going to be a while.

Rankings just updated, 2000 didn't move much so I think I'm safe. I see at least 4 or 5 gaffers in the top 200 and Mokoi's nun sitting pretty at 4. Good work everyone!

Mokoi

Banned
I stop playing in-between events as to not get burned out of the game so that is going to be a while.

Rankings just updated, 2000 didn't move much so I think I'm safe. I see at least 4 or 5 gaffers in the top 200 and Mokoi's nun sitting pretty at 4. Good work everyone!

Yeah I don't really play after events have passed, and I figured I would drop really low after not playing at all since Sunday.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Oh, I'm at 107. Guess I could've stayed with out using these last two gems. Oh well, better to be safe than sorry I guess. My end points is 29307 with the event song played 107 times.

Off to the JP version now!

23,669 now. It's kind of irritating how slow the rankings update. It's hard to tell where I am right now. >_<

Rankings update every hour at the half hour mark. (ex. 1:30, 2:30, etc)

Looking through the top 200 I see quite a few Nico haters such as "notanicofan" and other names trashing her. Well, at least there will
hopefully
be less competition during the Nico event!

chrono01

Rankings update every hour at the half hour mark. (ex. 1:30, 2:30, etc)

Looking through the top 200 I see quite a few Nico haters such as "notanicofan" and other names trashing her. Well, at least there will
hopefully
be less competition during the Nico event!
Interesting, thanks for the information. I'll have to keep that in-mind.

Now I need to wait until AFTER the maintenance to see if I made it. THE STRESS!

chrono01

You got it. I was around 22,000 at the last ranking update near rank 1000. It's not possible to get that much in half a hour I'd say.
Haha, thanks for the reassurance. Yeah, it would be odd [and slightly scary] if I didn't manage it, but I won't feel safe until I see the final numbers.

Best of luck, everyone. Sleep well, we've all earned it.

Noxie

Neo Member
Ended the event at 22,433 and I'm pretty positive I made the top 1,000 so yay! Though I suppose I shouldn't celebrate so soon, haha. I told myself I'd only try for it for my very favorites like Hanayo and Maki but here I am. The temptation to burn those lovecas is too great.

Kinglicious

Neo Member
The 1000 update had everyone around 21500-600~ I think. I know I was rushing through as much as I could as I was a bit below that point and made about 1K in progress. Anything much more than that would seem impossible unless you purposefully stacked up a bunch for the finale. Not quite the way I envisioned waking up today but I think I made it. We'll see later. Score should be in top 2000 too so I'm happy to get some love gems back.

Paprikka

Welp, tried to squeeze one more normal event song and was about 30 seconds too late, ended at 21880. Last update had the cutoff a bit above 21500 so now I'm super nervous on whether I made it, though I probably will end up just missing it. Feels bad wasting all that loveca at the end for no reason.

Wasn't at my laptop for the last few hours but I suspect I'll end up around rank 1,500 for both event and song. Got the A trophy for event song plays (40?) on my last try which was neat. Don't think I used more than about 4-5 gems in total.

Might go a bit crazier for the Nico or Nozomi events, but my gut feeling is that I'd rather save my gems for 10+1 pulls.

PewPewK

I'm glad I was able to (I think... still need updated rankings) to hit the top 1000 for Song Score and 2000-4000 bracket without burning a single loveca. A second SR Umi would be nice, but oh well, not worth that much effort.

scotcheggz

I didn't pay attention to ranking this time round and just played enough to ensure I got the SR (only got it yesterday). Enjoyed myself a whole lot more in this event lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom