• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The crash and burn after an event. Haven't even unlocked the second new song on hard yet because I hardly played it yesterday.

tenton

Yeah, it's for completing all three difficulties. When I played the US event song, I played the Hard version first, so I only got the bonus after finishing the Easy version of the song.
I just don't want to waste those tokens on the lower difficulties. lol

The answer to your question is...spend the tokens. 500 friend points await you.

Yeah, I'm having a moment of absolute despair here. I just checked out the new Pure song on YT and thought it looked pretty reasonable, but when I started practising it I found that some parts are really, really freakin' awkward for me on keyboard. It's hard coordinating the inputs / timing probably when you're using all your fingers (particularly with the 'weaker' ones) and it feels like it's adding an extra layer of difficulty to everything.

Then I tried simulating a touchscreen run (jabbing my laptop monitor) on the same song and dfgajhsdfhsg it was so much easier. That's exactly the kind of play style I'd be suited to, where as at the moment I feel like I'm trying to play a basic musical instrument really REALLY badly.

I'm pretty certain that when harder / Expert songs start getting thrown into the mix I've no real chance of keeping up on keyboard, so I feel like I either need to get a touchscreen device, give up on doing any high level play or just call it quits. If I didn't have something like 130 gems (don't ask) that last option'd be easier to swallow.

Apologies for the whining. It's just... argh.

Yeah, I'm having a moment of absolute despair here. I just checked out the new Pure song on YT and thought it looked pretty reasonable, but when I started practising it I found that some parts are really, really freakin' awkward for me on keyboard. It's hard coordinating the inputs / timing probably when you're using all your fingers (particularly with the 'weaker' ones) and it feels like it's adding an extra layer of difficulty to everything.

Then I tried simulating a touchscreen run (jabbing my laptop monitor) on the same song and dfgajhsdfhsg it was so much easier. That's exactly the kind of play style I'd be suited to, where as at the moment I feel like I'm trying to play a basic musical instrument really REALLY badly.

I'm pretty certain that when harder / Expert songs start getting thrown into the mix I've no real chance of keeping up on keyboard, so I feel like I either need to get a touchscreen device, give up on doing any high level play or just call it quits. If I didn't have something like 130 gems (don't ask) that last option'd be easier to swallow.

Apologies for the whining. It's just... argh.

Why not buy a touchscreen phone, anyway? I am actually very non-adaptive regarding technology and had been clinging to my Nokia 5630 for the longest time. I gave in and bought a smartphone just last December and now everything is more wonderful.

Chariot

53AE49954919D50034
The Chariot is sad about your sudden, but inevitable betrayal.

Why not buy a touchscreen phone, anyway? I am actually very non-adaptive regarding technology and had been clinging to my Nokia 5630 for the longest time. I gave in and bought a smartphone just last December and now everything is more wonderful.
It's crossed my mind, but I have no idea what I'd do with it other than play LL. I'm parked in front of a screen 97.82% of the time whether at work or home so the internet features seem kinda redundant. I have a decent camera and music player already, and aside from this I can't see myself using it as a gaming platform (never been big on handheld gaming as it is).

What're the best perks about your smartphone? There's doubtlessly some other stuff that I'm not appreciating.

What about finger pecking your keyboard?
Tried it before, but it's much too difficult to accurately hit the correct key, particularly when all hell's breaking loose in a song.

It's crossed my mind, but I have no idea what I'd do with it other than play LL. I'm parked in front of a screen 97.82% of the time whether at work or home so the internet features seem kinda redundant. I have a decent camera and music player already, and aside from this I can't see myself using it as a gaming platform (never been big on handheld gaming as it is).

What're the best perks about your smartphone? There's doubtlessly some other stuff that I'm not appreciating.

Ah I see. I commute a lot, so its best features for me is being a portable movie player and book reader. If I was by my PC most of the time, then it would feel redundant, yes. Though I'd still argue that reading book from my hand is still much more convenient and comfortable compared to from my PC screen.

Katoki

What about a tablet like the Nexus 7? I use mine as an e-reader and for several games. The internet browsing is nice at work since I don't have my own computer and float around. I also use it to pick out streams to play on my TV with the chromecast since I like watching stuff on Twitch.

Then if you don't mind slight scuffs and what not, one can be picked up slightly cheaper off of Amazon Warehouse Deals. Then again, Google's conference is going on with no announcements of the Nexus tablets yet if you're after the latest and greatest.

Ah I see. I commute a lot, so its best features for me is being a portable movie player and book reader. If I was by my PC most of the time, then it would feel redundant, yes. Though I'd still argue that reading book from my hand is still much more convenient and comfortable compared to from my PC screen.
I only have a 10-15 minute drive to work and do very little commuting, so I wouldn't really get that use out of it. Similarly, while you're probably right about that last point, I'm not exactly an avid reader. Appreciate the input though, thanks.

What about a tablet like the Nexus 7? I use mine as an e-reader and for several games. The internet browsing is nice at work since I don't have my own computer and float around. I also use it to pick out streams to play on my TV with the chromecast since I like watching stuff on Twitch.

Then if you don't mind slight scuffs and what not, one can be picked up slightly cheaper off of Amazon Warehouse Deals. Then again, Google's conference is going on with no announcements of the Nexus tablets yet if you're after the latest and greatest.
Again, it's something I've considered, but most of the comments in my previous post still stand and I couldn't really justify picking one up just for LL.

I only have a 10-15 minute drive to work and do very little commuting, so I wouldn't really get that use out of it. Similarly, while you're probably right about that last point, I'm not exactly an avid reader. Appreciate the input though, thanks.
Aw, not even comic and stuff?

My total daily commute is about 4 hours by public transportation. Haha.

Jintor

oh my god there are like 14 drunk 50+ year olds having a karoke party right outside my room

thank god for in-ear headphones

Decided I'd leave the choice about whether to keep playing up to the heavens. And by that, I mean I used some of my remaining gems on 2 x 50 pulls, deciding that I'd persevere if they went really well. They went spectacularly badly (guess I used up all my luck on that initial 50 draw), so I'm gonna take that as a sign and call it a day for now.

I'll keep the transfer code in case I do get a touchscreen device later on and want to come back to it, though honestly I think I'm better suited to less resource intensive games!

Aw, not even comic and stuff?

My total daily commute is about 4 hours by public transportation. Haha.
If you count manga then sure, but I usually like reading that on a larger screen (my laptop's hooked up to my TV). Also 4 hours sounds hellish, I can totally see why you'd get good use out of it.

Decided I'd leave the choice about whether to keep playing up to the heavens. And by that, I mean I used some of my remaining gems on 2 x 50 pulls, deciding that I'd persevere if they went really well. They went spectacularly badly (guess I used up all my luck on that initial 50 draw), so I'm gonna take that as a sign and call it a day for now.
Aaw, take care, then.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
A great view.

Haha I was just there today! A small sample of Love live pictures from Tokyo. The music was playing in a lot of places in Akihabara which is where the photos are from. The Maki statue was from a grabber(?) arcade machine and almost the whole floor it was on was Love Live prizes. It was fun to see somewhere where it was really popular rather than just that thing that I'm a little embrassed for people to see on my iPad haha...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I did a 10+1 pull and got nothing but despair.... Couldn't be bothered screenshotting. I was able to idolize the old Maki SR which is nice I guess but I didn't get even one new card. I think the lack of screenshots is evidence of some true despair going around this time.

m0t0k1

Haha I was just there today! A small sample of Love live pictures from Tokyo. The music was playing in a lot of places in Akihabara which is where the photos are from. The Maki statue was from a grabber(?) arcade machine and almost the whole floor it was on was Love Live prizes. It was fun to see somewhere where it was really popular rather than just that thing that I'm a little embrassed for people to see on my iPad haha...

Also did not get a chance to thank you for the awesome pictures. Is this a special LL store or something or just a big section? Still hope to visit Japan someday.

lol that event Eli is similar to her non-idolized Job card in the pose and focus on Eli's...well you know

The jp event should end tomorrow night (for me) can't wait to do my 10+1

Yep i will join you in the pull but the despair is awfully high this time so we should be careful.

Mazre

Also did not get a chance to thank you for the awesome pictures. Is this a special LL store or something or just a big section? Still hope to visit Japan someday.

Yep i will join you in the pull but the despair is awfully high this time so we should be careful.

I'll be on the JP 10+1 despair bandwagon as well tomorrow.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, been playing it for a bit, and while I do enjoy the gameplay, am I safe to assume that the girls in the anime have the same personality as in the game? As in they all have super generically cheerful, cute-anime-girl type personalities that are generally pretty boring? Not sure how much more of this "story" mode I can take.

Don't even mind the songs too much even though they are somewhat boring.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks for saying so. I've enjoyed sharing them. The big poster was just on the side of an electronics store in Akihabara. I think they are mostly just advertising for the season 2 blu-ray at the moment. Inside that store they took up three end cap displays and one aisle of all love live stuff so it seems pretty popular at the moment.

Mokoi

Banned

Really nice pictures. It's cool that you get to see all that stuff. I would probably buy so much merch if I was there.

m0t0k1

Thanks for saying so. I've enjoyed sharing them. The big poster was just on the side of an electronics store in Akihabara. I think they are mostly just advertising for the season 2 blu-ray at the moment. Inside that store they took up three end cap displays and one aisle of all love live stuff so it seems pretty popular at the moment.

Yeah BG already told they really stuff the channels with LL. So you are sure to encounter some more merch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom