• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ln2osETl.png

Nico bros, I got the second Nico in the TW event... should I idolize her to get Panda Nico??

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, you throw her out.
Sad Nico. :( :(

Wonder if the cut off for Nico even will be raised yet for the second SR in eng
In the TW version, the tiers started at 1500 and then 5000. The crazy players are starting up though, so I wonder if I'll be able to maintain the second tier placing without spending loveca.

Speaking of which, the TW version also brought back the original Nico UR as their featured UR again. I wonder if they're doing that for iOS users, which means they'll be redoing the Kotori event soon...

Jintor

wait where are you generating loveca from? Only place I can see is the daily logins and the event rewards. Everything else can be used up right?

Caerith

Never!

...maybe, I played puzzle and dragons for like 15 months and for a while didn't really see myself stopping(while sometimes being surprised I did still play it, but stopped earlier this year and have no desire to play it ever again

I still "play" puzzle and dragons, by which I mean I log in to get the bonus then quit. It's nice to come back to, like, 90 stones if you ever change your mind.

chrono01

wait where are you generating loveca from? Only place I can see is the daily logins and the event rewards. Everything else can be used up right?
Yeah, obtaining them from events, daily login, and Idol birthday's are really the only "unlimited" way to obtain them. However, you still get Loveca from completing bonding with an Idolized Idol, as well as from completing certain conditions for the songs. They're continually being added, too, although those will likely dry up [if Love Live! doesn't get a Season Three].

Marche90

At this point, as long as they keep adding songs most likely I'll keep playing. Damn thing's pretty addictive. However, as some of you have said, the day I spend
a substancial amount of
real cash in this thing is the day I'm uninstalling the game.

45 loveca hoarded. Need moooore! xD

Mokoi

Banned
Well as long as the updates keep coming on both versions than I'll keep playing until the community dies.

I still "play" puzzle and dragons, by which I mean I log in to get the bonus then quit. It's nice to come back to, like, 90 stones if you ever change your mind.

Or I may just do this, and just collect daily bonuses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, obtaining them from events, daily login, and Idol birthday's are really the only "unlimited" way to obtain them. However, you still get Loveca from completing bonding with an Idolized Idol, as well as from completing certain conditions for the songs. They're continually being added, too, although those will likely dry up [if Love Live! doesn't get a Season Three].
The real way to get them without paying is from the events as well. Everything feels ramped up at the beginning, and they definitely have enough content for you to continue to progress - assuming you can FC every single song in the game to get the rewards - but I wonder what happens when they do run out of songs. Presumably they have to keep this thing going until the movie comes out at least.

At this point, as long as they keep adding songs most likely I'll keep playing. Damn thing's pretty addictive. However, as some of you have said, the day I spend
a substancial amount of
real cash in this thing is the day I'm uninstalling the game.

45 loveca hoarded. Need moooore! xD
They dole out the songs slowly enough that it should be fine. Although what happens is that event songs just become normal songs later on, so you'll be seeing these songs again eventually. They probably hope you've forgotten the song by then. lol

Well, they add 1 Story Event, a minimum of 3 new idol cards and 2 new songs after every event. All of which gives you loveca. Added with 7 from event rewards, that's 13 right there. Two events per month, so.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
the new daily just has a mess of notes at one point, impossible to detect the rhythm wow. really need to add a speed option so I can see the notes more spaced out.

I just watched a video and I'm really questioning what the person who made this beatmap was thinking.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thought I'd have a look to see what you lot were talking about.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother trying that song again.

chrono01

Well I decided to use my 57 Loveca to do a 10+1 draw. I was really hoping for a UR so as to help out my Friends on my Friend List more [besides idolized SR's].

I got 9 Normal, 1 SR, of which I already had. I immediately idolized my initial SR, and sobbed quietly in the corner.

UR's, why do you continue to elude me? I'm really tempted to spend some $$$, but not knowing how long the game will be supported as me kind of wary. I mean, I don't mind putting money into Puzzle & Dragons, that thing will never die, but considering this is based on an anime series, I'm worried that it will only remain relevant/supported as long as it's popular. :(

Despite this, I still purchased 55 Loveca around a couple of weeks ago, namely for the UR Umi. Naturally, I didn't get her. :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well I decided to use my 57 Loveca to do a 10+1 draw. I was really hoping for a UR so as to help out my Friends on my Friend List more [besides idolized SR's].

I got 9 Normal, 1 SR, of which I already had. I immediately idolized my initial SR, and sobbed quietly in the corner.

UR's, why do you continue to elude me? I'm really tempted to spend some $$$, but not knowing how long the game will be supported as me kind of wary. I mean, I don't mind putting money into Puzzle & Dragons, that thing will never die, but considering this is based on an anime series, I'm worried that it will only remain relevant/supported as long as it's popular. :(

Despite this, I still purchased 55 Loveca around a couple of weeks ago, namely for the UR Umi. Naturally, I didn't get her. :/

With the movie, you gotta assume that the JP version survives another year. And given the crazies that rank high in the event (thanks Mokoi!), the US version has to just be free money for them. All they really need to do is hire some English teacher to translate the text for the story bits and slap it into the game. lol

chrono01

With the movie, you gotta assume that the JP version survives another year. And given the crazies that rank high in the event (thanks Mokoi!), the US version has to just be free money for them. All they really need to do is hire some English teacher to translate the text for the story bits and slap it into the game. lol
That's true.

I must say, though, the translation for the game is actually much higher quality than I'd expect. It would have been easy to have simply botched things together and released it, focusing on the gameplay portion and ignoring the story, so I'm glad to see some time went into the dialogue as well. It wouldn't even feel like a free game, if not for the whole Loveca thing [which I completely understand why it's there].

Either way, I will not be abandoning this one. If it goes down, I will sink along with it! I'll also support/purchase Loveca from time-to-time. Probably not for every 10+1SR event, but every second-third one for sure. It's the least I could do, considering the enjoyment I'm getting out of it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I've spent $60 on this game on top of a free $15 itunes card I got from my brother. Completely worth it.

Also, I just realized August Eli and Umi are out at the same time. Definitely saving up all my gems until then.

chrono01

Yeah, I'm going to try to save up another 50, then purchase 55, and do a mass drawing when I can.

Surely I'll get at least one UR that way. I MUST!

[Hoping for UR Umi personally, although Maki would be great as well.]

Apparently, we're on the same daily songs rotation as the JPN version.
That's pretty convenient for training, especially since daily songs only cost 15 LP in the JPN version.

raven777

i dont remember how much I spent on this game. I think less than $500 so far.

Only spent two times when they came out with UR Maki. Still never got them..

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ugh - 3 Goods on Hard Soldier's Game! The part with the double notes and the 16th notes is messing me up. I keep hitting something off. The problem is I can't actually slow it down to see what I'm doing wrong haha. The rhythm isn't bad, its the notes IN rhythm.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I did all the daily songs on each difficulty during the Eli event to get loveca. All out of fast easy loveca chances now in jp OTL

Mokoi

Banned
Under $500 spent also.

-----

I really like OYARI ASHITO artwork. We need µ's band member cards. Unless they already have those. Also he draws NSFW stuff so be carefull looking him up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom