• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
interesting. i should sub this channel.

beats stuttery android videos with people that don't turn off idol popups!

LOL yeah! I used to watch these videos and just start and slow the video down when it came to the hard parts, but that helper tool really makes everything easier in atleast recognizing the notes. In game it just looks like a mass amount of notes flying from every which direction.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, people are actually dying on Soldier Game hard mode? o_O
Well I died when I tried it first thing this morning because I had just woken up so the barrage kind of caught me by surprise.

Played it again after work and beat it. Haven't played it any more than that.

Haven't even managed to play the two new songs yet and saw there was a b-side.

Being the awesome baller that I am I went for Hard right away.

XD6w936.png

Whoa whoa whoa what

Katoki

Well I'm happy; made it out of normal Soldier Game with a full combo at the least. I guess the way I tap my tablet causes it to flat out not register the inputs since it's been a recurring issue the last few days. As for hard difficulty, I can do the beginning part of but then it just goes into mind fuck mode. Maybe in the future when I get better I'll conquer it.

Browsing through Nozomi fan art is like navigating a tempestuous sea, except with lewdness instead of water. There's some unwritten rule that 97.38% of all art for large-breasted characters must be NSFW. Shame really, but at least there's some decent stuff out there.

Nico was a paragon of purity in comparison. I'm assuming there's a scene in S2 where she and Maki declare their undying love for each-other, because that the only rational explanation for the excess of art pairing them up.

JoeFu

Banned
Yay best daily song finally in the Eng version :D

Wow @ 6 bucks for some keychains... I wonder if LL is big enough in Taiwan for me to find some there when I go.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I love today's daily! :3

First try, FC on Hard. Only 23 greats, but a noticeable chunk from S rank score. Apparently my Pure team needs some TLC.

Kumubou

Today's daily is the easiest to full combo by far (did it on a completely blind play with ~20 greats), but the S-rank requirements seem really damn high. My Pure team is around 37k and I barely got a B on it. x_x

Today's daily is the easiest to full combo by far (did it on a completely blind play with ~20 greats), but the S-rank requirements seem really damn high. My Pure team is around 37k and I barely got a B on it. x_x

234 Perfect, 98 great, 17 good, 5 bad, 1 miss.

Master troll UvU

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It feels weird that the TW version hasn't started a new event... I'm afraid. :(

do you need to switch store regions for updates (iOS)

jw because there will be an update soon for jp according to the wiki
Sometimes it auto updates and requires the password, but with some apps I've had to log into my JP account to get it to see that there's an update. No biggie either way, I suppose. It's only Android that's a pain.

Pssh - thumb players for life!
Yeah, I've been able to do mostly okay with thumbs. Soldier Game might be the one where I hit a wall though... not to mention the EX songs. lol

Marche90

I don't want to sound condescending but if you want to play competently, you gotta play on a stable surface. Sometimes if i'm lazy I will thumb it out but it's not a very consistent way to play.

Only really works if you have a tablet or a big phone. Try doing that on a 4" screen...

I need a new phone ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't want to sound condescending but if you want to play competently, you gotta play on a stable surface. Sometimes if i'm lazy I will thumb it out but it's not a very consistent way to play.
For the hard songs, you really don't. You could probably thumb the EX songs with enough practice, to be honest.

That said, I do prefer the tablet way of playing... but not enough to get an iPad to do it. lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Disagree! If my JP teams had stamina regen, I could easily clear 10* songs. I can sight read my way through 75-80% before I fail. After I play it a few times, I can clear with no stamina regen. Its all practice and dexterity. :p

Having said that, playing on my iPad would be easier I bet...But I can't carry my iPad with me everywhere and have internet. I may be grabbing a Note as my next phone which will give me even more space than my Nexus 5, though. But again, keep in mind you're talking to someone who played IIDX on his lap with a shitty plastic Konami controller and was passing 9's and 10's.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Disagree! If my JP teams had stamina regen, I could easily clear 10* songs. I can sight read my way through 75-80% before I fail. After I play it a few times, I can clear with no stamina regen. Its all practice and dexterity. :p

Having said that, playing on my iPad would be easier I bet...But I can't carry my iPad with me everywhere and have internet. I may be grabbing a Note as my next phone which will give me even more space than my Nexus 5, though. But again, keep in mind you're talking to someone who played IIDX on his lap with a shitty plastic Konami controller and was passing 9's and 10's.

It's too bad you can't run the program on two different devices. Rather than attaching an account to a device, if they had a login, then you could just switch platforms based on whatever is convenient. Love Live transfarring.

Hugstable

Banned

I did fine clearing the song earlier with my thumbs on my phone. I just seem to play better that way, I try switching it up, but it's really hard to do on a phone

Jintor

It's too bad you can't run the program on two different devices. Rather than attaching an account to a device, if they had a login, then you could just switch platforms based on whatever is convenient. Love Live transfarring.

I thought this would be standard with anything that has to check in with a server these days. *sigh*

Hachitora

When I heard that the game was coming out in English (which was also when I first heard of the game), I was hoping this was the way it would work since I had my ipod, my phone, and an ipad that my school lent us. But alas, it wasn't and I guess I'll have to settle with how it actually works.

Played the daily song on hard. Was doing okay, not missing anything until that barrage of notes near the midway mark... I probably wouldn't have survived if I wasn't using my pure team. I'm noticing a theme with the daily songs on hard and a sudden barrage of notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom