• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

Ugh I watched the whole thing specifically to see the Maki high five and they didn't do it.

Really though, I don't mind this stuff. I loved playing paraparaparadise back in the day. It's fun to dance.

Yeah the dancing is not the problem the jelly bellies are :p I used to play ddr and stuff all the time back in the day.

JoeFu

Banned
I still have about seven slots on my friend list and UR Nico as my lead if anyone wants to add me. 648692714. Just let me know so that I actually bother to check my notifications...

I added you!

I have 4 more slots if anyone wants to add me. No URs but I have SRs of each color and I change them to match whatever the daily song is.

Event is tomorrow? I'm not prepared. :(

Tj6KjMV.png

Hopefully it's as easy to get S rank as it was for Umi's event! @_@

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My smile team is my strongest even with no SR, R smile Honoka is too strong.
Having thee R Honokas (two at lv40 one at lv1) is my only saving grace. I'll give the event song a go and see how much I earn but if it looks like too much work I may just drop it.

As a new player, what should I know about these events?
If you time your exp and levels you will have an easier chance at getting top 1000 with less love points spent.

Pass the song on each difficulty for the completion bonus~

past two events had 21,000+ for top 1000, and 27,500+ for top 200

if you're good at msic games 1 Love Stone can get 260~ event points (assuming three plays and one event song play)

there's an event normal you get, don't accidentally feed her away for experience. you should get a second to idolize her at the end of event.

levels of play:
-don't care at all: pass each difficulty once for a bonus
-want a SR: play until you get 11k points for a SR. If use your LP without wasting it and play 15LP songs, and allowing 8-10 hours of sleeping and missing it, and playing normal event difficulty, you will get 11k.
-want 2 SRs (top 1000): expect to use 10-12 love stones, using LP and wasting none, meaning if you have max 40LP (refills in 4 hours), you better wake up in the middle of the night to use that LP every 4 hours. technically playing 15LP songs only, so every 3 hours.
-want 3 SRs (top 200): expect to use 20-30 love stones, using LP and wasting none, meaning if you have max 40LP (refills in 4 hours), you better wake up in the middle of the night to use that LP every 4 hours. technically playing 15LP songs only, so every 3 hours.

Caerith

If you time your exp and levels you will have an easier chance at getting top 1000 with less love points spent.

Pass the song on each difficulty for the completion bonus~

past two events had 21,000+ for top 1000, and 27,500+ for top 200

if you're good at msic games 1 Love Stone can get 260~ event points (assuming three plays and one event song play)

levels of play:
-don't care at all: pass each difficulty once for a bonus
-want a SR: play until you get 11k points for a SR. If use your LP without wasting it and play 15LP songs, and allowing 8-10 hours of sleeping and missing it, and playing normal event difficulty, you will get 11k.
-want 2 SRs (top 1000): expect to use 10-12 love stones
-want 3 SRs (top 200): expect to use 20-30 love stones

Thanks. I'm not very good at this game, so I'll see what I can manage. Do events repeat?

Aytrial

Looking at the wiki, only the Umi and Kotori events have repeated.

I don't know if we'll get a repeat for the English client due to the size of the userbase. Nonetheless, you can still pull the event cards after the event has ended via Honour Scouting. They just have a lower chance of showing up compared to other SRs.

Thanks. I'm not very good at this game, so I'll see what I can manage. Do events repeat?
Using JP as a source, they repeated the first two events on the 1 year anniversary, and that's it. The event SR is immediately available as a random SR after the event. The event normal....... I don't know. So lol the event normals might be even rarer than the SR technically.

Aytrial

*Despair club hug*

I wish Mokoi kept track of how many gems he used to get #1. I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

I used 15 gems on the first day of the Umi event and I still couldn't pull ahead of the competition.

You're looking at well over 80 to 100 I think to be #1.

Hachitora

As a new player, what should I know about these events?

Also, another thing is that you get more tokens to play the event song by playing songs that cost 15 LP and 25 LP. Other songs give you the same amount of tokens as LP you spend (ie. 10 LP songs give you 10 tokens) whereas 15LP songs give you 16 tokens and I think 25 LP songs give you 27 tokens

Yui

Using JP as a source, they repeated the first two events on the 1 year anniversary, and that's it. The event SR is immediately available as a random SR after the event. The event normal....... I don't know. So lol the event normals might be even rarer than the SR technically.

No, they repeated the first two events because they changed the reward tiers afterwards. (The official reason was the celebration of 500,000 users.) And the event SR will be added to the Loveca draw after the next event (not the event in which the card was obtainable, the one after that). Same goes fot the event normals. But never count on drawing an event SR. Your chances are probably as good as drawing an UR, since event SRs got an extra low draw chance.

Hugstable

Banned
*Despair club hug*

I wish Mokoi kept track of how many gems he used to get #1. I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Umm... What?

To get to #1 might be quite alot, but I managed to be Rank 20-30 with only consuming about 14-20 loveca. I know I gained a few, but I started the Umi event with 13 and didn't buy any the whole event. I got quite alot though since I recently idolized like 4 girls around that time, plus some of the dailys, etc. Still havne't payed for any Loveca since then and now got like 11 stashed up again.

Caerith

Also, another thing is that you get more tokens to play the event song by playing songs that cost 15 LP and 25 LP. Other songs give you the same amount of tokens as LP you spend (ie. 10 LP songs give you 10 tokens) whereas 15LP songs give you 16 tokens and I think 25 LP songs give you 27 tokens

At my level, 25 LP is all my LP. And I need 11k tokens for the SR?

Draxal

At my level, 25 LP is all my LP. And I need 11k tokens for the SR?

11k total score, not tokens. 11k tokens would take forever to gain.

The tokens you gain from normal songs add to the score. And each time you play the event song on hard you earn around 200-230 score points depending on how well you do on the song..

Caerith

11k total score, not tokens. 11k tokens would take forever to gain.

The tokens you gain from normal songs add to the score. And each time you play the event song on hard you earn around 200-230 score points depending on how well you do on the song..

Ah, makes sense. So I'd only need a couple hundred tokens then. I'd probably only play the event song on easy or normal, though. I enjoy rhythm games, but I don't actually have a sense of rhythm.

Draxal

Ah, makes sense. So I'd only need a couple hundred tokens then. I'd probably only play the event song on easy or normal, though. I enjoy rhythm games, but I don't actually have a sense of rhythm.

It's a bit more than that, as each play of the event song on hard costs 45 tokens (event songs don't require energy, those tokens also aren't subtracted from your total score). The event song costs 30 tokens on normal, but it also gives out significantly less score as well.

Hugstable

Banned

You will actually be gaining alot of levels and Loveca through the event if you play alot especially since the extra songs you play just give even more EXP and such. My levels jumped after I played just a bit in the first event.

Regular non-event songs: Play any song before you are at your max LP. Get as close to 0 before you sleep.

Event songs: play any where you can get at least A rank score, B rank combo. use up all your tokens.

complete this and you will have the points needed for 1 event SR. If you only play easy event songs, you will get this probably on the very last day. Playing normal, probably 2 days before event end, on hard, 3 days before event end.

scotcheggz

Finally a smile event! I'm officially a member of the no UR club, but the smile team I put together for the event is still somehow knocking on for 39k , which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom