• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Do you get points for leftover tokens; this time being the notebooks? Or is it something where you can just hoard it til you're ready to grind out the event song?

You get no points for leftover tokens. Just spend them whenever you're ready to play the event song to earn more points.

Edit: Yeah Chrono explained it better.

DiGiKerot

I have the "trial" deck of those cards, I still don't know why

I have both the Japanese and the English Love Live trial decks (plus a whole bunch of random other series in varying languages, also both the iM@S and iM@S2 trial decks).

I also have a full box (but not a full retail palette, because I'm not that nuts) of the English Love Love booster packs. I got the third years as my set of chibi PR bonus cards (it's the same art as the downloading screens from LLSIF) - Nico-Nico-Ni~~~ and all that.

The only time I've actually lucked into pulling a sign card was from the Chaos trial deck for Puchimas. Obviously, I'm not going to complain about pulling a Ritsuko sign card!

I don't actually play any of these TCGs

Paprikka

Got the Kotori from the TW event. Man, I guess some dudes have SIX SR Kotoris now. lol

And her ability has a 36% chance to trigger every 10 notes. With 6 you're pretty much guaranteed to never have her ability not go off, she would jabber on for the whole song.

chrono01

Given the amount of people that play now, they really should have increased the cut-off for the second SR card. It's been the top 1000 since launch, you'd think they would have raised the bar to 2000 at least.

Eventually, the top 1000 will be so full of people spending obscene amounts of money on Loveca, that I won't even bother trying for a second SR card. I don't mind logging in after every recharge, or 10-15 Loveca to recharge my LP, but I'm not going to spend 40+ Loveca for every event just to get a second SR card. The competition is only going to get more fierce. :(

Hugstable

Banned
3 Days maybe? When did the event start? (I've only played the event song once on each difficulty)

I live fast and free, who needs guaranteed SR.

Spend the books Phoenix! Think about it, use all 900 and you can Nico Nico Nii your way into getting the Nuco SR already!

Jeebus 5000 for top 1000 for nico event.

Sorry I care more about celebrating America than nico.

Lol who's your favorite idol anyway? Im taking a break from this event but 5000 for top 1000 don't sound too bad yet.

Holy shit 1st place has almost 50k points. Who is this Nico Fan? Thats alot of Loveca brah chill, noone is overtaking you.

Given the amount of people that play now, they really should have increased the cut-off for the second SR card. It's been the top 1000 since launch, you'd think they would have raised the bar to 2000 at least.

Eventually, the top 1000 will be so full of people spending obscene amounts of money on Loveca, that I won't even bother trying for a second SR card. I don't mind logging in after every recharge, or 10-15 Loveca to recharge my LP, but I'm not going to spend 40+ Loveca for every event just to get a second SR card. The competition is only going to get more fierce. :(

I made top 200 in the Umi evemt and spent 12 Loveca. I ended at rank 34 or so

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And her ability has a 36% chance to trigger every 10 notes. With 6 you're pretty much guaranteed to never have her ability not go off, she would jabber on for the whole song.
You'd have constant bonuses at least! lol

TW is both fierce but also has a smaller dedicated fanbase. I wonder if people have mostly stuck with the JP version or there just aren't as many players. They hit 300k before the US version hit 200k, but it's still easy to get in the top 5000 for an event.

I'd be curious to see what the Chinese/HK versions of the game is like, in terms of their numbers, assuming they exist...

Welp, here's the HK version...
https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/lovelive!-xue-yuan-ou-xiang/id864934304?mt=8

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I've got 4400 and I don't even care about get a second one this time ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Looks like I'm only get one scouting ticket again. That bums me out more than anything lol

chrono01

I made top 200 in the Umi evemt and spent 12 Loveca. I ended at rank 34 or so
Wow, nice.

I'm not sure how many I spent [maybe...8 or so?], but the cut-off between myself and 1000 was something like 1.2k. I'm not sure as to my actual rank, it's been a while. >_<

Mokoi

Banned
Dammm the music sounds so much better with headphones in. Haven't had to plug them in for awhile. Can hear the bass in songs now. soo good!

Hugstable

Banned
Wow, nice.

I'm not sure how many I spent [maybe...8 or so?], but the cut-off between myself and 1000 was something like 1.2k. I'm not sure as to my actual rank, it's been a while. >_<

I was maximizing my LP and timing rank ups alot also so I'm sure that helped alot with my score. I still can't believe I ended at like 25k points last event haha. I started the whole event with 15 or so Loveca and had 9 at the end (I gained a few from the dailiy things/ Event points). All for Usagi Umi

Dammm the music sounds so much better with headphones in. Haven't had to plug them in for awhile. Can hear the bass in songs now. soo good!

I always do bad without my headphones, so it's pretty much a necessity for me now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ahhh, HK is sublicensing the TW app or something. Makes sense to just use the same app and have someone local collect the money. Although I guess even with TW and HK, the percentage of hardcore players would be relatively low compared to all of the English speaking world or Japan.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I used somewhere between 13-17 for Umi and got 97th I think

Lol you and safs are gonna battle it out for first in the Eli events. Rin competition better not be big here, I wanna rank high.

Yeah safs will probably be my biggest competition then lol. I plan to buy 86 love gems and maybe use 36 of them for her event. One of my goals for it will be to get all the rewards. We'll see if I can get first or not after that.

Mokoi

Banned
Now knowing what &#30813;&#23376;&#12398;&#33457;&#22290; (Garden of Glass) means is funny. Its my 1 played song on my LL playlist. Who knew it was about Yuri. It's such a good song too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So today I thought I'd try to FC the normal level daily (no way am I good enough for the hard one(.

Did it on the first go. Great...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cnUSysLl.png

Looks like Japan is also full of jokers like Mokoi!

Well, I deleted the JPN version from my phone yesterday.
It felt good to do it, keeping up with 2 versions was too time-consuming.
Still doing three. :(
The fact that it's so easy to get SRs in the TW version keeps me coming back...

(Thank god for 25 lp songs)

Well, there's a few different card types in there - there's a Victory Spark code, and I' think the ones down the left are from the CD releases?

The Weiss Schwarz cards there are all sign cards, by the way, which are pretty much the rarest type.
None of the cards in that picture were from weib schwarz.

Awww, no Love Live x K-ON x Idolmaster deck then? lol

The waifu wars must be epic though. :p
WS doesn't have K-ON, only idolmaster and Love Live.

There's two popular ways to play WS

1- Standard: Use only cards from weiss (cute) or only cards from schwarz (manly). IM@S and LL are both weiss so are able to be put in the same deck. and a lot of their characters are <<Music>> type and would make a great deck together.

2- Neo-standard: Use only cards from the same show. This is the more used rule of play, and so you can have a love live only deck vs an IM@S only deck.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's still going. CCS cards coming out soon it seems.

There's also ChaosTCG and Lycèe that still gets cards released.
So there are competing anime waifu CCG games? Someone should invent a meta ruleset that lets you bring cards from all these franchise together. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd say Precious Memories is top tier because they have YuruYuri but they just use pre-existing art and that's just lazy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So there are competing anime waifu CCG games? Someone should invent a meta ruleset that lets you bring cards from all these franchise together. lol

We can make our own doujin (as in fan made not naughty naughty imagery you filthy minded potatoes) decks with our own art and rules and it will be the best ever.

m0t0k1

We can make our own doujin (as in fan made not naughty naughty imagery you filthy minded potatoes) decks with our own art and rules and it will be the best ever.

First i thought doujins where only naughty stuff from fans because that was the only thing i encountered when searching for it. And i really disliked doujins because of it. Until somebody showed me that it was more then that. Man i was enlightened!

Sakura

I just started watching this show, so I figured I'd play the game too.
All these card collecting games are pretty similar, but I like how this one has a story, side events (though I haven't unlocked any yet), and it seems to pretty enjoyable even if you don't spend money (correct me if I'm wrong).
Looking forward to getting farther.

Azusa

All these card collecting games are pretty similar, but I like how this one has a story, side events (though I haven't unlocked any yet), and it seems to pretty enjoyable even if you don't spend money (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's possible to get 1 SR card from event without spending money on love gems. The second one will require at least 15-20 love gems.

Favorite idol? Maki of course. Fuwa fuwa hair. And she has a future too unlike all these other bumpkins.

Although, I know enough med school girls irl with crazy relationship problems, i know when to back off lol.

Wowo I cant get more than a C with my team on the daily special song. I even got a B combo rank.
At least is not like soldier game and I can get all the novel tokes without dying.

EDIT Yep tried again, only 2 good and still a C.

Also since yesterday im getting super successes in the level up of cards left and right.

Mokoi

Banned
First i thought doujins where only naughty stuff from fans because that was the only thing i encountered when searching for it. And i really disliked doujins because of it. Until somebody showed me that it was more then that. Man i was enlightened!

Lol you're dirty looking only at the naughty stuff first. Glad you found out it's not all bad.

I just started watching this show, so I figured I'd play the game too.
Looking forward to getting farther.

Glad you like it, and yeah you don't need to shell out cash for the game to be enjoyable.

Ok, what the... this is just nuts. Been getting super successes during this two days nearly non stop, and just when I said that in the thread I got this:

I never even seen this one before, now I know that theres one after Huge Success. So its super>huge>Ultra.

And after that I got a new super success.

Thought they game was crazy with the RNG so I tried to do some 10 normal pulls to see If I get new R cards... no success there :(

I think I've come down with a case of the Mokois. I can't seem to FC the event song. No particular part, just keep randomly screwing up somewhere.

m0t0k1

Lol you're dirty looking only at the naughty stuff first. Glad you found out it's not all bad.

I was not really looking for the dirty stuff i was looking for fan stories but when they turn into yuri or rape or that kind of stuff i knew i had wrong turn somewhere. just a simple thing like google idolm@ster doujin and all the first hits are H stuff. I needed to look on more manga sites to find normal stuff. They don't really have a lot of comic/anime conventions over here so finding those kind of doujins is also out of the question.

I never even seen this one before, now I know that theres one after Huge Success. So its super>huge>Ultra.
(

I got a lot of ultras during my time with the game. Got one on almost all of my SR feeds. Did offer an alpaca to my smile honoka from 2 events ago and she instantly shot to level 40 :lol same with the SR umi event and SR eli events guess i do have some luck in that department.

I think I've come down with a case of the Mokois. I can't seem to FC the event song. No particular part, just keep randomly screwing up somewhere.

the trick is not to think about it. don't even look at the combo counter.

also something that worked for me is after playing daily hard songs exclusively for the last few days, i FCed every single hard song i had left to FC on my first try :D

so how many different artists do the cards/album art? The busts of these idols vary a bit lol

Mokoi

Banned

Hmm the Mokois. Ya cheeky bastard, sounds like some type of illness.

I was not really looking for the dirty stuff i was looking for fan stories but when they turn into yuri or rape or that kind of stuff i knew i had wrong turn somewhere. just a simple thing like google idolm@ster doujin and all the first hits are H stuff. I needed to look on more manga sites to find normal stuff. They don't really have a lot of comic/anime conventions over here so finding those kind of doujins is also out of the question.

Ha yeah just joking with you. Pretty much what Jintor said, everything defaults to the lewds. So finding clean stuff is hard.

Hachitora

I'm really slipping in the ranks. Somewhere in the 1400s. I need to use up the books I've stored up. Nico better be happy I'm trying this hard for her. N-not like I like her or anything, I just need a smile SR!

Although, I know enough med school girls irl with crazy relationship problems, i know when to back off lol.
I was about to say that Maki doesn't have relationship problems since she has Nico, but I guess having to resort to her is a relationship problem itself. ^^
so how many different artists do the cards/album art? The busts of these idols vary a bit lol
Pretty sure that's a problem with every anime even if it's the same artist. Anime bust sizes are always inconsistent in my experience.

Finally got that sumbitch FC'd! Took 24 plays which is way more than any other song except Mermaid Festa. My smile team sucks though. I need a Smile UR bad.

JoeFu

Banned
Starting to play EX in the JP event. Songs are a lot more fun! So far I've only played No brand girls and some other blue song and did decent. First on NBG and second on the other song. None of them have been as "hard" as Snow Halation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom