• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Not for a while. Its going to be Honoka Eli Hanayo Nozomi Rin Maki. Maki will be the first score attack.

I have a feeling the Kotori Umi events might happen again just like in JPN and TWN. Think the game grew in popularity by a decent amount since the Kotori event launch.

As long as Rin isn't score attack I will be happy. If Rin event is score match... then T_T

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
gonna try harder during Honoka event?
Very likely. Just realise I didn't even open my game when I woke up like I'd usually do with an event. They really put this one too soon.

Though while I'm at 3000 points, I easily have 5000 more points in books. So maybe I'll still get the 13000 without even trying.

Yui

I have a feeling the Kotori Umi events might happen again just like in JPN and TWN.

This would be soo stupid, since it serves no real purpose in the ENG version other than to screw over people who used Loveca during these events and to confuse the hell out of people who don't know the JPN version.
Since new people would think, that they will repeat all events but in fact, they will never repeat another event. But how are new people supposed to know that?

But yeah, I can see them do this and I can already hear all the complaints this will cause in the future...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This would be soo stupid, since it serves no real purpose in the ENG version other than to screw over people who used Loveca during these events and to confuse the hell out of people who don't know the JPN version.
Since new people would think, that they will repeat all events but in fact, they will never repeat another event. But how are new people supposed to know that?

But yeah, I can see them do this and I can already hear all the complaints this will cause in the future...
It depends if they're just going to follow the JP schedule strictly. Although it's far enough behind that it probably doesn't matter.

I'm still curious to see if the TW version moves to the new song or does something else entirely. Going back to the UR Eli draw just confused the hell out of me and makes me wonder if they're going to do the Eli song again.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to full combo the 25lp songs got me Nico SR about a day ago. I guess I'll try and stay in the top 1000. I've been spending a few stones just to play the songs and it's been much easier than I expected to gain heaps of points. Still can't full combo Soldier Game yet though.....

chrono01

What I'm most upset about, in regards to the Nico event, is that they still kept the second SR card for the top 1000. Given that the player-base has increased dramatically, it would have been nice to see them increase it to 2000/3000, so that you didn't have to spend a massive amount of Loveca [I'm likely talking 15+ here] just to get in the top 1000. For the top 200, sure. Absolutely. I can see that? But for 1000? That seems a bit much. As it stands, the top 1000 is so full of people that purchase Loveca [in huge amounts], that it's not even worth it. By the time the Nico event hit Japan, the ranking for the second SR Nico card was 1-5000. I know, it's not exactly fair to compare the NA and JP fanbase, but still.

Unless they change things [and if they continue to insist on the purchase of many Loveca to rank in these events], I can see myself losing interest really quickly. I realize that I don't have to go for these cards, but where's the fun if you simply skip all of these fun events? ~_~

I really do have a lot of fun with this one, but seeing the ranking for the second SR still sitting at 1-1000 [honestly, I was surprised to see it not increase for the Umi event, which is even more upsetting when it never happened for the Nico one either] gives me the impression that the NA division is perfectly fine with having things the way they are. As a mostly non-IAP player [although I have no problem purchasing a few Loveca for special occasions, I've already done so], it kind of upsets me. :/

Despite this, I'm still burning through whatever Loveca the game gave me to try for that second SR Nico. If they don't increase the ranking for the next event, I won't bother. I'll try for the first SR, and stop there. It's not worth the cost/aggravation.

Yui

Well, you have to use like 20-30 Loveca to get a second event SR in the JPN version and I don't think they will change their way of doing things for the ENG one.
Sure, the first Nico event had a rank cutoff at 5000 for the second SR, but it probably also had a lot more players spending money on the game, compared to the ENG version.
So what I'm trying to say is, they probably never raised and never will raise these cutoff points due to the overall number of players. Instead they probably raise it by Loveca spent on these additional SR tiers.
I remember a couple of months ago the JPN version got crazy cutoff points for the second SR. I'm talking about like 60 Loveca (for some people).
But now, like I said, it's back at 20-30 Loveca (since they raise the cutoff points quite frequently now). So yeah, I guess the only thing "free players" are supposed to get, is that first SR.
I mean you could still get that second SR for your favorites, by saving up the free Loveca, but you will probably never be able to get them all without spending a bit of money every once in a while.

chrono01

Well, you have to use like 20-30 Loveca to get a second event SR in the JPN version and I don't think they will change their way of doing things for the ENG one.
Sure, the first Nico event had a rank cutoff at 5000 for the second SR, but it probably also had a lot more players spending money on the game, compared to the ENG version.
So what I'm trying to say is, they probably never raised and never will raise these cutoff points due to the overall number of players. Instead they probably raise it by Loveca spent on these additional SR tiers.
I remember a couple of months ago the JPN version got crazy cutoff points for the second SR. I'm talking about like 60 Loveca (for some people).
But now, like I said, it's back at 20-30 Loveca. So yeah, I guess the only thing "free players" are supposed to get, is that first SR.
I mean you could still get that second SR for your favorites, by saving up the free Loveca, but you will probably never be able to get them all without spending a bit of money every once in a while.
Good to know.

Thanks, I guess I'll keep that in-mind.

I'm perfectly fine with that. At least, we're still able to get some nice SRs without spending money. And every once in a while, we have a chance of getting an UR with the scouting.
If it was too easy, there would be a lot less people buying lovecas and the game would die. :-/

Yui

@Yui nooo another LL avatar gone! :(

But I do like hanayamata so far :3

I have to move on. :/
And Hanayamata seems to be the closest thing I will get ^^

Locodol seems to be more light-hearted and Pripara is your usual mahou idol show aimed at kids, so yeah. But I still enjoyed both shows.
I guess all three shows will help me to get over LL! this season. :p

Yui

For once I am not getting a Smile song all the time in score match....for now

I will gladly share my Smile songs with you. :3
I played 4 songs a couple of minutes ago and all of them were Smile songs. >_>
3 x Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki...

welp, soldier game. Time to do 3 times 15 LP + 1 11LP songs per session. ugh
Just make sure to hit the novel and star notes and you are good to go. Even if you can't do well on the song, you should still be able to survive it and get all the tokens.

That's what I'm doing. ^^"

So... cute...
ywv3OY7.jpg
But I do like hanayamata so far :3
Yosakoi, yosakoi, yosakoi!
I really liked the 1st episode too.

Yui

This might be a bit off topic but I just realised there are anime OTs and I'm wondering, can anybody create one of those, or is there some kind of list/order to follow?

Chariot

This might be a bit off topic but I just realised there are anime OTs and I'm wondering, can anybody create one of those, or is there some kind of list/order to follow?
Well, I guess you need a valid topic that isn't covered yet.
A general anime thread exists and certain topics to single anime, like Mahouka or K-On. So if you want to talk about a show that has no thread, I think that would be alright. Don't make a waifu-thread, tho.

Yui

Well, I guess you need a valid topic that isn't covered yet.
A general anime thread exists and certain topics to single anime, like Mahouka or K-On. So if you want to talk about a show that has no thread, I think that would be alright. Don't make a waifu-thread, tho.

Yeah of course, I mean, I was aware of the existence of anime OTs for finished shows like K-on and stuff but I was unsure about the currently airing shows.
I used to create some threads in my old anime forum and I'm kinda missing it. So this is a pleasent surprise. ^^

Yeah of course, I mean, I was aware of the existence of anime OTs for finished shows like K-on and stuff but I was unsure about the currently airing shows.
I used to create some threads in my old anime forum and I'm kinda missing it. So this is a pleasent surprise. ^^

Make sure it's not claimed by somebody else, that it's not already created and that it's a show that people are actually interested in and willing to talk about :p

But other than that, you're free to make one. Make sure it's informative and good though. If you make too many crappy OTs you might get juniored...

Chariot

Yeah, just tell duckroll when you made one, he can add it to the AnimeGAF Opening Post.

Yui your avatar scares me. The design of that character is really bad.
Your avatar scares me too. Where's the nun?

Yui

Make sure it's not claimed by somebody else, that it's not already created and that it's a show that people are actually interested in and willing to talk about :p
Ahhh that's what I was looking for. Thank you!

Make sure it's informative and good though. If you make too many crappy OTs you might get juniored...
Oh...
Now I'm scared. ^^"

Yeah, just tell duckroll when you made one, he can add it to the AnimeGAF Opening Post.
Alright.

Yui your avatar scares me. The design of that character is really bad.
I don't want to hear that from somebody who likes JoJo and Ping Pong. :p

Caerith

I'm staying consistently at rank 2,500 for the event, but I'd really like to get the panda, but I don't want to spend hearts just to try to break into the top 1,000.

Chariot

Haha I thought you were Mikehattsu at first, and ehh I just missed having the superior idol already. Also I think I may change it using this picture. Although I just can't seem to re-size it right.
I was pure chance that decided yesterday to let Eska stare at Mike, I hope people don't Think Mike's the one that bought and played the smut novel :D

Also if one of these help:

jb1uqCOzq2l8TX_e.jpg

jbqgfBfuT3b892.png

jbfDGdYdgGjvVS.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Usually anime OTs are made to generate interest amongst the non anime enthusiasts or for shows that will flood the main thread with too much talk. So while you may think Momo Kyun Sword is the best show of the season it's probably doesn't need a thread since it's not flooding the main thread and it's probably not the kind of thing the general OT populace is into.

Just make sure to hit the novel and star notes and you are good to go. Even if you can't do well on the song, you should still be able to survive it and get all the tokens.

That's what I'm doing. ^^"

I did that the first time and could get all the tokens, nearly dying but completing it.
The second time I failed hard and had to use 1 loveca (got all the tokens though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom