• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hachitora

EX songs are getting added? Oh my...

Currently at rank 403 with about 23k. I probably need to get around 25k if I wanna stay in the top 1,000

Hugstable

Banned
I will admit both versions of the card are nice.

People do really Nico, but in addition to that, there's more serious players than the first two events now. Nico event is still a little surprising though so I think Maki event could be crazier than I first thought!

I really hope the Rin event isn't this crazy. I wanted to aim for a high rank in teh Maki event as well, but that one may get as crazy, if not crazier than this one. I might end up spending that time in a Nozomi event (I really wish I went for the new JP event card, but no way I can win that :(. It's either the Nozomi event or Eli event I"m gonna participate in next since I'm not a big fan of Honoka at all. My SR Firefighter Honoka is all I need.

EX songs are getting added? Oh my...

Currently at rank 403 with about 23k. I probably need to get around 25k if I wanna stay in the top 1,000

New and harder songs?! I think I'm gonna have to start playing again to start mastering EX songs now :D

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
One day I will full combo soldier game... but today... is not that day. It's frustrating not being able to play it just a bunch of times in a row though. I have to play it twice then play something else which breaks my focus. Anyway I think that's it for the moment in terms of chasing after it with love gems.

Mokoi

Banned
Man this is criminal how people are turning out for Nico. Literally Nico. 1st place nearly has 130k, and I think Mokoi put up nearly 70k for Kotori, but I think Umi event first place had less than 65k?

Considering the poor taste of most players then, maybe Eli's event won't be so competitive.

The amount of time they must be playing is amazing/crazy. I hope I"m going to have the time to play that much for the other events.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
no way, i keep getting the original set and very rarely any of the newbies (although just from sheer proportionality they're less likely to turn up anyway)
Maybe I've just been lucky for the most part? lol

That said, in the JP version, it's certainly much more spread out because there are so many Normals.

Yui

Finally!
screenshot_2014-07-144njen.png

July 15, 2014
There will be a special login campaign from July 21 to August 31!
Receive a loveca stone on each of the first four days you log in during this period
Receive a promo UR Eli card on the fifth day you log in! (final reward)
The theme of the UR is the winning theme from the Summer Girl Competition: Going for an ocean swim with Ayase Eli!
The special illustrations for the Transfer Student Election winners are also being prepared
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Main_Page

JoeFu

Banned
I just play without spending loveca on the events... If I play every day I can get to the SR no problem.

its about 20-40 minutes a day or so, but whatever I still enjoy the game. Can't see playing a song over 100 times without wanting to blow my brains out though.

chrono01

Man this is criminal how people are turning out for Nico. Literally Nico. 1st place nearly has 130k, and I think Mokoi put up nearly 70k for Kotori, but I think Umi event first place had less than 65k?

Considering the poor taste of most players then, maybe Eli's event won't be so competitive.
It really is surprising. I mean, it's okay to try harder for your favorite idol, if you enjoy that kind of thing. But to put so much time [and money] into the game? 120k seems like overkill to me. If they're spending money on Loveca [and let's face it, there's no way they aren't], that's just a waste, IMO. You don't need that many points to easily place within the Top 200 , but I guess being 1st is important? I don't know.

Personally, I don't understand it. The money he/she is spending on Loveca refreshes could be spent on actual Love Live! merchandise [figures, wallscrolls, etc.]. To use it on digital content that may or may not be around in a year is somewhat confusing, but I guess it's their money.

I'm okay with spending my earned Loveca on events, but there's no way I'll sink into my actual bank account to aim for a specific spot. It's just not worth it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aww yeah! :D was reading it finally time to get an UR. And right in time before ill be heading off on vacation so i can take eli with me :p.

I just tried the event song on the English version took me 3 tries to FC Love Novels was an pretty easy song. Also got just enough points thanks to UR support to S rank the song completely if i FC the song :p
lol
I feel happy for you!

Mokoi

Banned
I just play without spending loveca on the events... If I play every day I can get to the SR no problem.

its about 20-40 minutes a day or so, but whatever I still enjoy the game. Can't see playing a song over 100 times without wanting to blow my brains out though.

Haha, you go through stages with the song. First you get kind of tired of it, then really fucking hate the song, and finally you end up loving the song.

Thanks man. I am so excited to finally get an UR and everyone gets it. So no UR despair for the whole of GAF :p

The UR Card is going to be shit stats wise isn't it?

Well it's free so don't expect too much stat wise.

m0t0k1

Haha, you go through stages with the song. First you get kind of tired of it, then really fucking hate the song, and finally you end up loving the song.

Well it's free so don't expect too much stat wise.

That really is the idol cycle. I played some of the event songs more then a 100 times i believe i did for the Kotori event on normal. It would give me the best conversion rate. But i come to love happy holiday a lot i can FC that song in my dreams now :p. And yeah not expecting much from the UR but still happy we all get one.

m0t0k1

Yeah definitely since they called it a promo UR. All promo URs are basically just collectibles.

Yeah i was already thinking about that when i made that post. But Japan can be crazy sometimes so one can dream about them going crazy on the stats :p

tenton

Tenten has the BD URs and said that they are the equivalent of normal Rares, at least in terms of their skills. :(

All the promo ones are effectively normal Rs in terms of stats and skills. Of course, they're idolized and level up like that; with their bonds, they still find a place on my teams.

Bonus is that you can level up their skills with all the Rs you draw, unlike real URs and SRs.

tenton

BTW, for those of you that want to pause the game really quick and have trouble hitting that pause button (on my phone in its case, it was like 1/10 tries; on my iPad, it's like 1/3 tries), just hit your home button. The game pauses automatically when you do that. Note, this isn't a good idea for ScoreMatch events, as you actually can't pause (since you're playing in realtime against 3 others), but any other time you can pause, it's a quick way to pause, as it's easier to hit your home button than that little pause button in the corner.

Hugstable

Banned
It is a lot of time. I'm just going to play until my loveca burns out. Screw keeping up with that. I got social life/other shit I want to do.

haha seriously. I know I'm gonna put in the time to one event, but screw getting a high ranking in that one event, as long as I get top 200 I'll be good. I gotta finish the Souls series before my Summer ends and I gotta focus on other things.

I'm finally getting a UR! My days of being UR-less are over!

tafer

Boy, this Nico event is quite insane. Playing as I did the last event, without using love gems and sleeping like a human being, I managed to rank 2000ish. This time I'm struggling to reach the 4000ish!

No second alpaca for me it seems.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
BTW, for those of you that want to pause the game really quick and have trouble hitting that pause button (on my phone in its case, it was like 1/10 tries; on my iPad, it's like 1/3 tries), just hit your home button. The game pauses automatically when you do that. Note, this isn't a good idea for ScoreMatch events, as you actually can't pause (since you're playing in realtime against 3 others), but any other time you can pause, it's a quick way to pause, as it's easier to hit your home button than that little pause button in the corner.
I got a low battery message during a ScoreMatch and it paused my game for me, so it looks like they aren't total assholes. You probably still need to complete the game within that 20 second timer at the end of a song.

Speaking of which, I don't know if I should be surprised that you can always find players to play against or not. I guess Japan is crazy enough to have people playing 24/7.

so i cant idolize alpaca? what am i suppose to do with him? sell it?
Feed it to another idol. Same with the teachers!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Fuck it. I got the Nico SR.

I've got 200 books left but I can't be arse to play Love Novels one more time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
so i cant idolize alpaca? what am i suppose to do with him? sell it?

They provide a lot of experience. Which is pointless considering how easy it is to level up in this game. I have three of them so I guess I'll finally use one to level up SR Nico.

tenton

Speaking of which, I don't know if I should be surprised that you can always find players to play against or not. I guess Japan is crazy enough to have people playing 24/7.

Well, there are 3 million + players, not all in Japan. Especially given the amount of people I know in the US and Europe that play the JP game (and have since last year).

Anyways, supposedly, if there aren't enough players on at the time, you allegedly get matched up with a CPU. Not sure if that shows up as someone else's game they played (i.e. just use a score from someone you'd get matched up with if they were on), or if it's something else.

Hugstable

Banned
I would assume that the promo URs would have high stats. At least to incite people to buy more products.

Fight on!

I think thry incite people with the artwork and the fact that it's labeled as a UR or SR. But they probably give it crappy stats so that those who spend tons of money on Loveca pulls don't get angry that you get a great idol UR for buying a blu ray or music CD. I don't care if they have bad stats I just want a UR haha.

tenton

I would assume that the promo URs would have high stats. At least to incite people to buy more products.

The stats suck compared to real URs. Even unidolized URs kick the crap out of promo cards. Hell, unidolized SRs beat them up most of the time.

What they do have is 1000 kizuna/bond and they go up to level 100. So they're better than a R in that respect. Plus, they're unique and time limited, so gotta get them when you can, or you'll never get them.

Mokoi

Banned
It sucks that the official illustration book is out of print right now. Had seen it in my feed and that made me very sad :(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I saw it appear back in stock a few days ago on hobby search. Maybe I should've mentioned that lol

Excited for the Eli UR from that too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom