• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Curses! Nahh wouldn't have been able to get it till august anyways. I'm almost at my budget for this month after getting The Witcher 3. Thank you based Russian bear!

pariah164

Just downloaded this today. Snow Halation is my jam. Seems to lag a bit on my Nook, but I'll deal with it because LOL @ playing it on my Galaxy S4. I have big hands.

Hugstable

Banned
All this CS:GO is cutting into my LL time. I don't know if I'll be able to get Panda Nico. :mad:

We are still not playing yet, get your panda!

what would Nico do

Be a panda

Haha take a break! Nico should take priority. Also may join in for just a few matches maybe.

Yee hopefully we can actually do better on Mirage today. I still don't know the map that well, but atleast I know it more than the massacre of huguu 2 days ago.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, there are 3 million + players, not all in Japan. Especially given the amount of people I know in the US and Europe that play the JP game (and have since last year).

Anyways, supposedly, if there aren't enough players on at the time, you allegedly get matched up with a CPU. Not sure if that shows up as someone else's game they played (i.e. just use a score from someone you'd get matched up with if they were on), or if it's something else.
There was ONE time where the game started with only 3 people, so I know it can happen. I think the 3 million figure is kind of suspect anyway though, in the same way that Facebook has billions of accounts but the majority of them are lapsed or maybe not even real.

(And I say this as someone with 3 JP accounts lol)

I still don't understand how the event works... Do I just play and hope for the best, or...?
You play normally and collect tokens. Once you have 15/30/45 tokens you can play the event song to get points. The number of points you have at the end of the event determines the award you get, but you also unlock rewards as you play.

Hugstable

Banned
I still don't understand how the event works... Do I just play and hope for the best, or...?

If you got into the event pretty late then you probably won't have much of a chance. The way it works is that during the event period, you sometimes get different icons in teh notes while playing a regular song, the amount you get depends on the difficulty played. After collecting a good amount of these event icons, you can then hit B-Sides to play the event song using those icons you gathered before. Playing the event song gives you tons of event points, and you keep going until you meet the 11k or 13k points needed to get the event SR. After that it's all based on rankings and how many total event points or total song score someone has. Top 1000 get another of the event SR and Top 200 get another one for 3 Total SR's in an event period.

uxpVbwY.png
You've got to be kidding me. -_-

I really hope the next daily is good. I have to use my pure team to pass Soldier Game. @_@

EDIT: Crap I started the event song with my pure team now. @_@

pariah164

If you got into the event pretty late then you probably won't have much of a chance. The way it works is that during the event period, you sometimes get different icons in teh notes while playing a regular song, the amount you get depends on the difficulty played. After collecting a good amount of these event icons, you can then hit B-Sides to play the event song using those icons you gathered before. Playing the event song gives you tons of event points, and you keep going until you meet the 11k or 13k points needed to get the event SR. After that it's all based on rankings and how many total event points or total song score someone has. Top 1000 get another of the event SR and Top 200 get another one for 3 Total SR's in an event period.
Eff. Looks like there's no hope for me, but I'll keep playing. It hasn't popped up on my B side yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eff. Looks like there's no hope for me, but I'll keep playing. It hasn't popped up on my B side yet.
The event song should be on your B side list the moment the event starts, so it should still be there now.

---
Someone took that episode where they all roleplay each other and turned on the Yuri.
HeAO0HFl.png

ebhCBzZl.png

Hachitora

Bought some stuff at a Japanese bookstore here in San Fran ^^
tumblr_n8q7eg72Ao1tqw3j4o1_1280.jpg

I think I got a code for a card in the Dengeki magazine (not sure, can't read Japanese...) so I'll just hope they add in the code input in the english version (and hope that this code will also work)

Yay K-on and Love Live!

I took it upon myself to do the countdown timer to the end of the Nico event since I can't trust Motok1. :p

Nico Event End
t1405422000z4.png

froliq

I think I got a code for a card in the Dengeki magazine (not sure, can't read Japanese...) so I'll just hope they add in the code input in the english version (and hope that this code will also work)[/QUOTE]

It's a code for a SR Eli.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Nice haul! Doubt it would work on eng version if they do add it since it would be like a year and a half from now at least

Hachitora

Do it! You'll also get the free UR soon if you do
I'll do it once I get home I guess. Though I might be too late for the UR by that point :(
Honestly haven't read it. (I don't read manga) K-on the anime is great though!
I thought the manga was subpar at most. Anime did it better justice with the music (and was overall much less boring).

Damn, I remember when Soldier Game looked fast to me. Now it looks normal speed, sometimes it even looks kinda slow...
Come at me EX songs! *proceeds to get rekd*

Jintor

I'll do it once I get home I guess. Though I might be too late for the UR by that point :(

I thought the manga was subpar at most. Anime did it better justice with the music (and was overall much less boring).

Damn, I remember when Soldier Game looked fast to me. Now it looks normal speed, sometimes it even looks kinda slow...
Come at me EX songs! *proceeds to get rekd*

lol. soldier game still my top tier, but now everything else is slow :( won't even get outta bed for 15 lp songs anymore unless it's event

firehawk12

Subete no aware

tenton

There is no place to enter codes in the US version. lol

I remember way back when in the JP version, the way to enter codes was to find the link in the notices. It's trivial to add, but the LL goods marketing machine hasn't ramped up in the west. Probably due to rights and how to share the cost/profits.

tenton

They can share the profits with me

So I can buy more LL stuff

Step 1: Hand them a pile of money to license their stuff
Step 2: Hand them more money to buy the goods you want that you didn't license.
Step 3: Run out of money.
Step 4: Be broke, but happy.

redhairedking

I think I got a code for a card in the Dengeki magazine (not sure, can't read Japanese...) so I'll just hope they add in the code input in the english version (and hope that this code will also work)

Great pickups!

Yui

So, I'm doing my last push on both versions right now and while doing so, I'm listening to this...
I might have gone insane with these two events. >_>

Draxal

Yeah 200 is going to be crazy. I'm just trying to stay comfortably in 1k. The legion of Honoka has gotten me to around 56 in song ranking though.

Kincaido

It's okay Yui. I think I may have gone insane while getting top 200 for Umi and playing 7 hours straight for the Eli event.

Draxal

I remember way back when in the JP version, the way to enter codes was to find the link in the notices. It's trivial to add, but the LL goods marketing machine hasn't ramped up in the west. Probably due to rights and how to share the cost/profits.

That and its lets say in over 200 markets instead of 1.

raven777

that magazine is worth picking up for the cover and maki figure.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's nothing to attach codes to here though, outside of the anime box set.

Kincaido

Love when I get Shiranai Love Oshiete Love in score match. Always know that I will get first or second. At the very least there is an extremely high chance of me full comboing it lol

I always pick the fast shipping when I import stuff unless it's just a figure that I'm not too excited for.

Kincaido

Yeah FedEx is the way to go if you get a chance for it. Don't have to go through customs like EMS, so it's way faster. I buy most of my stuff from AmiAmi though and they don't have FedEx :x

fek

CDJapan has Fedex which is the two-day shipping for me (think its listed as 1-4 days) and it is always cheaper than EMS which usually takes a week. It doesn't make sense tbh but its awesome

The Fedex shipping is usually not much more than SAL too so I always get it, unless its like one magazine or something
Unfortunately fedex isn't available for me and EMS is two times more expensive then SAL. Would also have to pay crazy taxes if I chose EMS so whatever, I'll have to be patient..
Haven't got the first BD yet and the concert lottery is coming soon, would like to give it a try but I think I won't get it in time

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They had the Weiss Shwarz set, which they passed on doing as well.
I asked before but I don't think I got an answer - Weiss Shwarz has been translated into English? I guess that'd be a useful tie in... I'd probably buy the stupid cards if it came to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom