• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone still going at it, we still have about 2 hours left before the end of the english event. Rank 1000 cutoff seems to be rising about 300-400 each time. I'd guess anything above 25000 will be safe but it might be cutting it close.

Yea it looks like it ends 3:00AM PDT. I'm at 22k points right now. Hopefully I can make it before the cut off. I'm taking a bit of a break right now.

Paprikka

The new idolized Nozomi(alongside the matching Maki) if anyone was curious.
c2zx3VD.jpg

Paprikka

Grats Kincaido!

And the cutoff just jumped almost 500 points, 25000 might not be safe after all. Was going to burn one more loveca to get a rank up, use it all up then go to bed but now I'm afraid that still wont be enough.

Jintor

slipping further and further down the rankings while still grimly determined to not spend any money since it's all pointless lol

Man that card looks great can't wait to get it.

AA_Young_Miles_Edgeworth_Finger_Waggle_3.gif

Looks like you are going to be late for court Mr Trite.
t1405418400z0.png

I realize that now. Time zones are hard. (And I think it ended later last time) Klabs just trying to screw with me.

slipping further and further down the rankings while still grimly determined to not spend any money since it's all pointless lol

I've got 55 loveca to burn still. I'll sacrifice the 10+1 pull for panda Nico.

m0t0k1

I realize that now. Time zones are hard. (And I think it ended later last time) Klabs just trying to screw with me.
Guess you finally understand my timezone despair :D. But yeah i understand it now so i got it good first one surprised me yes because it indeed it ended at a later time so i adjusted it on the second event and they adjusted to this time so i got it right the third time. My JPN estimates have always been right i believe since they don't use summer time.

Paprikka

I hope the cutoff doesn't get too much higher, there's currently a half dozen or so people at 25252 points and they definitely deserve a second Nico.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Did two 10 FP Pulls and didn't get the new normal, but finally got one of the snow halation Elis \o/

My pure team will be my strongest team again now in JP lol. Also, just realized I have an SR of each color for Eli now :3

Also, good luck to everyone awake still aiming for top 200/1000 Nico!

m0t0k1

I can't believe this shit.

Screw this song. Might get one more try at it before the event ends I think.

what note goes wrong? is it the fast hold note part at about 180 notes into the song? i had some problems at first but switching hands on the press helped since i am a lefty i like to use my left hand the most. but it made it hard to hit the next note so i use my right hand now :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So glad I was only bothered to hit 13k when I realised I had enough (I didn't really grind at all). Don't want to play more Love Novels. Also glad I did manage to full combo it.

Pro Tip for myself: Don't hoard all the collectables to the end.

what note goes wrong? is it the fast hold note part at about 180 notes into the song? i had some problems at first but switching hands on the press helped since i am a lefty i like to use my left hand the most. but it made it hard to hit the next note so i use my right hand now :p

It's usually this part

R7Her4G.png

*artist's rendition

If I do get past that then one of those weird kinda long holds where I tend to release it at the wrong time messes me up. I think it wants you to let go a bit after you start holding the next one but I let go and press the next one simultaneously.

Kincaido

I personally would go for 27000 points for a second and at least 30000 for a third. I like to be safe than sorry though.

Paprikka

It's usually this part

R7Her4G.png

*artist's rendition

If I do get past that then one of those weird kinda long holds where I tend to release it at the wrong time messes me up. I think it wants you to let go a bit after you start holding the next one but I let go and press the next one simultaneously.

This part? (skip to about 0:56 if the link doesn't work)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYP9HOVnraE#t=56

I admit I cheat at that part. I hit the first double, then right side single, then I just do two more doubles even though the last note isn't a double. There's no note in the same row after it so it doesn't hurt you at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You could always just practise the two one two one tap with your thumbs on a surface before playing. It's what I did. After about five perfect executions I felt I had the pattern down and muscle memory did the rest.

Kincaido

Rank 200: 34633

And we are not done yet. ;D

Well damn, eng version stepping its' game up more than I thought or people really like Nico lol. I think I had around 27000 and that was enough for me to be 97 for Umi. Change that estimate to 36000 :x

Paprikka

Looks like I'm ending at 25951. About 700 above the current cutoff. The last big jump wasn't even that much and that was over an hour, so it should be fine for just a half hour. Not that that stops me from worrying.

Edit: The last jump actually was that high: 771. The power of Nico.

Well shit. 5hrs of grinding down the drain. My last play didn't count for points and my final tally was 25261. The last updated score for top 1k was 25248. I doubt I'll make it.
:(

fek

Goddamn. Went to sleep with 34k, just woke up 20 minutes before the end of the event and it wasn't enough time to comeback

chrono01

I don't think I made it. I'm not too sure of my final total, but I think it's somewhere around 25,800.

Okay, LoveLab. I think it's time to raise it over 1000 for the second SR. I spent probably around 15+ Loveca for this, and I have a feeling I missed out on the SR by a thousand or so. I bet people had a bunch of tokens hoarded for the final half hour and went all-in for the 30 minutes. it wouldn't surprise me if I saw the cutoff being over 28,000. ~_~

Much despair tonight. I'm never playing this again.
Who am I kidding, I'll keep playing this. Damn you Nico fans for your love is too strong.

chrono01

I feel bad since I should have started earlier. I actually still have around 4 Loveca and would have used them on the event, but I underestimated how long it takes to grind through the songs. ~_~

Azusa

25782. I have burned 2 loveca in last 20mins. I hope I'll get in top 1000.
And my total is 21 loveca. In the last event I have used only 17 loveca.

tenton

I'm hoping that last jump for the top 200 is quite a bit less than the penultimate jump. If it jumps >746, I'm toast because I ran out of time. It usually does dip a bit in that last half hour, but the 1000k+ jump worries me.

(yes, this means I'm sitting at 35,379)

I think I burned 15+ loveca. The one I burned right at the end that counts for nothing really stings. At least I have 51 now so I can do a pull after maintenance. ;_;

chrono01

I'm certainly feeling the despair.

I want to sleep, but I know it will be on my mind if I try to. I might as well stay up, see I didn't make the top 1000, and then go to bed. At least that way I won't be wondering.

Despair Level = Maximum

I'm sorry Huguustable I let Nico down. No Panda Nico for me. ;_; All I can say is good luck with the Rin event.

Hey my old avatar is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom